Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Six Scents: Series Three

From nstperfume.com:

The Six Scents Fragrance Initiative has launched Six Scents Series Three. As with the prior two sets, the project teams six designers with six perfumers to create a series of limited edition fragrances. This year, the fragrances are “an exploration into the nature of childhood memories and the influence of adolescence on identity”. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to War Child International.

Fragrance 1, Beau Bow ~ by Alexis Mabille in collaboration with perfumer Rodrigo Flores-Roux. “We reimagined the fresh and elegant “Eau Fraiche”structure so popular in France in the 70’s, and gave it a jolt…. and a twist… Our result: the crisply fragrant image of a very chic and cultured French teenager who enjoys his quirks and is eager to discover the world, making love to it for the first time and breathing it all in.” With notes of cedrat, mandarin, bergamot, bigarade orange, lavender, basil, mint, violet leaf, galbanum, lentisque, jasmine, magnolia, rose, cyclamen, honeysuckle, vetiver, moss, iris and kephalis.

Fragrance 2, Trompe L’Oeil ~ by Mary Katrantzou with perfumer Shyamala Maisondieu. “It is a classical feminine theme. I modernized it with some fruity, and citrusy facets, to bring colors and life. I added more floral notes in a bouquet to have a voluptuous femininity. For the drydown I added some oriental notes to bring a touch of sensuality”. With notes of bitter orange, mandarin, neroli, pear, mimosa, rose, ylang, tuberose, orris, amyris, tonka bean, ambrette and vanilla.

Fragrance 3, Can’t Smell Fear ~ by Juun. J with perfumer Natalie Gracia-Cetto. “I wanted to create a fragrance that provides comfort, that protects you in an urban somewhat hostile universe. I choose a leathery theme, comfortable and reassuring. It creates like an olfactive aura, a comfort zone that protects against the city. I added some woody and floral notes to bring refinement, and some amber and musks to have a subtle sensual touch” With notes of bergamot, green mandarin, pink pepper, nutmeg, orris, ambrette, Atlas cedar, incense, leather, sandalwood, amber and musk.

Fragrance 4, Ascent ~ by Rad Hourani with perfumer Christophe Raynaud. “Origin of life is expressed by a fresh accord, green and watery, like a drop of sperm. Childhood is evoked by baby powder, it’s a musky and powdery scent. Midlife is expressed by a leathery note, comfortable yet strong like a leather jacket. Then the end of life is symbolised by incence, not a morbid, but a liturgic odor, evoking the ambiance of the churches.” With notes of pear, violet leaf, ylang ylang, rose, cedarwood, leather, incense, powdery musks, tonka bean and benzoin.

Fragrance 5, #087 ~ by N. Hoolywood with perfumer Stephen Nilsen. “…the smell of engine oil in his father’s car; getting off at the Kugenuma Beach train station and inhaling the saltiness of the ocean; the mysterious scent of Kurobe dam releasing water on a cloudy, snowy day; and the clean, relaxing feeling of grooming and bathing captured through the scent of the hiba tree, hinoki wood, cypress, nutmeg and rosemary.” With notes of hiba tree, sugi leaves, green cypress, motor oil, salty-icy water accord, nutmeg, rosemary, hinoki wood, sandalwood and fir balsam.

Fragrance 6, M ~ by Ohne Titel with perfumer Yann Vasnier. “I tried to recreate their attention to intricate tailoring, architecture of design, their care of detail, all these very feminine aspects using these strong and signature materials like cardamom, safraleine, and leather.” With notes of cardamom, Atlas cedar, black plum, tonka bean, castoreum, civet, musks, moxalone and cosmone.

The Six Scents Series Three fragrances will be available in 50 ml Eau de Toilette, $149. Each perfume comes with a drawing by Robert Knoke and a DVD with 8 “exclusively commissioned fims” plus the Six Scents Series Three documentary.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Six Scents: Series Three

Can’t Smell Fear and #087 sound fascinating! #87 almost sounds like a CdG scent or something. Thanks for the info as always Petruccijc! With all your "new release" posts I barely have to check all the sites I used to.

They must be busy mofos at this company.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Nice, Ohne Titel is doing one!

These sound great -- I want to at least sample them all, and I'm especially interested in the ones by Flores-Roux, Nilsen, and Vasnier.

I'm a big fan of the previous series overall. I will grumble, ever so slightly, that the prices are going up and up:
    Series 1 - $85
    Series 2 - $95
    Series 3 - $149
    (50 ml EdT in each case)
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Yeah I noticed that too.

Bastards.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    These sound great -- I want to at least sample them all, and I'm especially interested in the ones by Flores-Roux, Nilsen, and Vasnier.

I'm a big fan of the previous series overall. I will grumble, ever so slightly, that the prices are going up and up:
    Series 1 - $85
    Series 2 - $95
    Series 3 - $149
    (50 ml EdT in each case)
    Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with that either.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Interesting to see that they went with some of the same perfumers for Series 3 as they did Series 2.

#1, 5, and 6 sound pretty good though.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

---
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

I just got two small sample vials of No. 6-M and wore some last night, but I have to say so far I'm unimpressed. When it went on, I smelled something that smelled vaguely like bread dough. Later, I did notice a hint of a leathery scent. But then a vegetal note emerged, and the leather note became less noticeable or blended into the background. There is something pleasant about it, and there are hints of MPG Eau des Isles and a note from Czech & Speake No. 88 in there, though I have no idea what they'd be. But so far 6-M does not get a passing grade from me. It isn't distinctive enough on me...doesn't make a statement, and that's something I buy a frag for. It also stays very close to my skin. But I still have a vial and a half left, so I'll probably double up on the amount next time I give it a whirl. You'd think with notes like castoreum, civet, musks and others that I like, it would stand out, but so far it's pretty bland on me.

I have enjoyed #087 from this group. #087 is otherwise known as Fragrance 5 of Series 3 from 6 Scents. They are in love with numbers . . . but it smells great. I am anxiously awaiting the release of Series 4 because there are few in that series (No. 2, 4, 5) that I think are outstanding.