Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Finally, People Are Protesting the Fragrance Abercrombie Uses to Constantly Gas Its Stores

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dependent

Default Re: Finally, People Are Protesting the Fragrance Abercrombie Uses to Constantly Gas Its Stores

Haha! This should be our moto: Hey don't come near me, I might give you cancer.

On a serious note, I have yet to smell Abercrombie Fierce, embarrassingly. I'm not sure we even have Abercrombie in Singapore. :-(

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Finally, People Are Protesting the Fragrance Abercrombie Uses to Constantly Gas Its Stores

Visit an Abercrombie store and end up firing blanks. Seems like a pretty good deterrent.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 29th October 2010 at 12:43 PM.

Always reminds me of Bond No 9 Bleeker Street when I walk by one.

Basenotes Plus

It is too strong. You not only smell it in the store, you can smell it the minute you open the door to the mall. I can understand them wanting their store to smell like their cologne but the rest of the mall shouldn't. Tone it down. Also, they should look into getting that nasty chemical out of their scents immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    It is too strong. You not only smell it in the store, you can smell it the minute you open the door to the mall.
    No kidding! We were at the mall last weekend and we entered through Kohl's, which is one of the anchors. When I reached approximately the position of the apostrophe in the "Kohl's" label on the map below, the smell of Fierce was unmistakable. We subsequently walked through the mall towards Macy's and the scent grew stronger and stronger as we approached A&F (marked in red below) -- 12 storefronts away and around a corner!
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

The fragrance is bad, and what's really shocking is how terrible the other merchandise in the store is too. It's cheap quality and uninspired design, and expensive at that. No thanks. And shame on them for polluting the air with such a crappy fragrance.

Of course, scenting the air is nothing new in retail. The Nordstrom in my area does a very good job of scenting the street entrances. A classic department store in my area was known to use Patou's Joy as its ambient scent. I still have fond memories of that store every time I smell Joy.

It is likely that they have a fragrance emitter that they use for the store. Mall stores do this all the time, to put out smells that they feel psychologically influence the customers... or to set the "mood" for the same reason... from foody smells to "natural world" smells, to perfumes.

(not helping but being a know-it-all)

And this is one reason I hate shopping malls!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Glenbrook Square mall here in Fort Wayne has an Abercrombie right across from Barnes & Noble.

Nothing like reading the latest bestseller novel and a cup of joe while sniffing Fierce fumes...
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."