Bleu de Chanel 50 ml

Default Re: Today I Bought - November 2010

I love Bleu de Chanel...but I bought La Nuit De L'Homme yesterday

Shalimar ODV and Odin 01

Guerlain Habit Rouge Eau de Toilette Légère

Received a small vial of vintage Youth Dew bought on Ebay yesterday - has Youth Dew ever been available in parfum concentration? This stuff is completely opaque, almost syrupy thick and the container is apparently an original one, not something it has been decanted into. It's about the size of a small test tube and very ornamental, holds maybe 5 ml, with a latticework metal screw-top lid.

It smells absolutely heavenly; rich, viscous, deep and sort of sneaky, without that punch-in-the-nose effect the EdP has, much smoother and much dirtier. This stuff is carnal. I suppose it could be the bath oil, but it doesn't feel like an oil, in spite of the syrupy consistency.

Very happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpinett View Post
    Received a small vial of vintage Youth Dew bought on Ebay yesterday - has Youth Dew ever been available in parfum concentration? This stuff is completely opaque, almost syrupy thick...

Very happy!
    Sounds great Pimpinett!
    I have Youth Dew pure parfum also, but mine comes in a frosted squarish bottle with curved edges and the stopper is a glass frosted blossom. It is like dark dark brown treacle (though, slightly more fluid than treacle). It smells spectacular.

I ordered a bottle of Mauboussin.

Martine Micallef's Rose Aoud. Wasn't planning on it, but before I knew it, my sample was gone, gone, gone and I knew I had to have a FB.

I swear, my last buy of the year
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

A cute little 0.5 oz bottle of Organza Indecence, a total blind buy, from Ebay.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Went thrifting today after voting .1st shop :nothing .2nd shop a nearly full bottle of White Shoulders cologne $2,and a bottle about 4/5 full of Wind Song $2. 3rd shop SCORE !(okay maybe most of them only have a spritz or so left -but still! the WHOLE lot for $2!)
    Sung 1.7 and 3.4 "corners left",Burberry "CL",Dior Addict hopeing there is a spray left,half a bottle of Love's Baby Soft cologne -needs an atomizer head,about 1/16th of a bottle of Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Hot,and Acqua di gio also 1/16th of a bottle.
    My Chanel #5 Eau Premiere arrived safe and sound and Authentic ! very happy with it .It DOES seem rather seltzery citrusy .Mom tried it first (I was wearing something else yesterday)and it is now on her Want List.Personally I think this may be MFBW.
    Awaiting MaGriffe,White Christmas,and Baby Doll Paris.
    Won(and will pay for friday)Femme,Murmure,#5 edp,and a nearly full bottle of Boucheron edt.From another seller I won DK Gold.

Blog Entries

Bal A Versailles EDT

Bellodgia Extrait .5 oz.

Anouchka 1.7 oz. EDP

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Lionessa View Post
    I ordered a bottle of Mauboussin.

Welcome Lionessa! Mauboussin is yummy stuff
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Thank you so much Knit At Nite! Can't wait to receive it.

Smell Bent One, edt, 55 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Sounds great Pimpinett!
    I have Youth Dew pure parfum also, but mine comes in a frosted squarish bottle with curved edges and the stopper is a glass frosted blossom. It is like dark dark brown treacle (though, slightly more fluid than treacle). It smells spectacular.
    That sounds much like the juice I got hold of. I was doubtful that I really needed another bottle of Youth Dew, bought it mostly because there was hardly anyone bidding on it and I couldn't resist the lovely flacon, but this is a different beast entirely. I'm very glad to have it.

Basenotes Plus

Hermessence 4 bottle gift set.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Hermessence 4 bottle gift set.
    Which ones, Kiliwia? I love those little bottles, and I also love alot of those fragrances. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Which ones, Kiliwia? I love those little bottles, and I also love alot of those fragrances. Congrats!
    I agree - love the little bottles. Hope more houses get on that bandwagon!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Hi, All,
    Today I bought a small bottle of Jacomo Silences that is either a sample or parfum . It is in a blue container shaped like the Silences edp but has a glass stopper and the bottle inside the blue cover seems to be glass. It is .25 oz. Got it at an antique shop. What do you think?

Yesterday it was for me a day full of perfume . I received my order from Andy Tauer : Orange Star and Lonestar Memories and also they delivered to me Boxeuse ordered blind last week.
    If Lonestar and Orange made my day, especially the Lonestar, Boxeuse was dissaponting. I was not expecting so much sweetnes (plum confiture) on my skin and it reminded my of Aziyade from Parfum D'empire but less cumin....

Sur la Plage

Houbigant Fougere Royale EDP

Top Notes: Bergamot, Mediterranean Herbs, Lavender, Chamomile
    Middle Notes: Rondeletia, Geranium, Rose de Mai Orpur, Cinnamon, Carnation
    Base Notes: Amber, Oakmoss, Patchouli Orpur, Tonka Bean Orpur, Clary Sage

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Today, I snapped up a 1.7 EDT Jolie Madame, a back-up 1.7 of the georgous Theorema E'sprit D'Ete, Ma Griffe body.

Earlier this week,
    Eau de Shalimar,
    3 minis-Le temps D'aimer by Alain Delon, Snob and Sortilege by Le Galion.
    Sculpture Lady EDP Nikos
    Nikos for men
    Azzura EDP by Azzaro,
    The Body Shop Warm Amber Shower gel,
    Bowling Green EDT (for reference and it's d/c'd)
    Back up 2.7 Lolita Lempicka Fleurs de Corail
    Back up Barbara Bui Le Parfum White Oil

No willpower....none.....at ......all.
    A Scent Rescuer

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by carolina girl View Post
    Hi, All,
    Today I bought a small bottle of Jacomo Silences that is either a sample or parfum . It is in a blue container shaped like the Silences edp but has a glass stopper and the bottle inside the blue cover seems to be glass. It is .25 oz. Got it at an antique shop. What do you think?
    Good score- how's the juice??
    A Scent Rescuer

Bought back up bottle of Miss Balmain, this seems to be getting harder to find

A bottle of Bulgari Omnia (you guys know it's one of my faves) at TJ Maxx. My first official back-up bottle! Oh, and two kinds of shower gel from The Body Shop, also at TJ M.

Today it was Donna Karan Signature (reissue) and included were 2 x 10 ml freebie atomisers of Black Cashmere and Chaos.

Sur la Plage

L'Artisan - Coeur de Vetiver Sacre

Notes include bergamot, orange, black tea, pepper, ginger, coriander, saffron, dates, dried apricot, incense, osmanthus, rose, iris, vanilla, vetiver, tarragon, sandalwood, white cedar, guaiac wood, amber, tonka , labdanum, castoreum and musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

I shouldn't be buying anything, but after a long back breaking week, treated myself to the new Diorama by Dior. With notes of Bergamot, Ylang-Ylang, Plum, Peach, Turkish Rose, Indian Jasmine, Egyptian Cumin, Cedar and Indonesian Patchouli.
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 6th November 2010 at 12:31 PM.

Bought a back-up of Neil Morris' 'holy-crap-this-stuff-gives-me-the-creeps' Gandhara along with 15-odd samples... looking forward to exploring the Neil Morris line in detail

Basenotes Plus

I shouldn't be buying anything, but after a long back breaking week, treated myself to the new Diorama by Dior. With notes of Bergamot, Ylang-Ylang, Plum, Peach, Turkish Rose, Indian Jasmine, Egyptian Cumin, Cedar and Indonesian Patchouli.
    I'm jealous. I wanted this- on paper it's glorious- on my skin it turned into funky-town.
    A Scent Rescuer

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Hi Cello, I didn't see this post til today. It has Ambre Nargile, Vanille Galante, Vetiver Tonka, Poivre Samarcande. I really liked all 8 when I sampled them, but my two favorites were Ambre Nargile and Vanille Galante, so I was happy when I saw they were offering those in the gift set. I wish more companies would offer small bottles, Jo Malone has a great gift set with small bottles, it has 6 in it. Wish Serge Lutens and L'Artisan would do that.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    I'm jealous. I wanted this- on paper it's glorious- on my skin it turned into funky-town.
    I've heard others say the same thing, so I'm a little concerned. I really liked it when I tried it on at the store, so I'm hoping I haven't made a mistake by buying it.

Basenotes Plus

I've heard others say the same thing, so I'm a little concerned. I really liked it when I tried it on at the store, so I'm hoping I haven't made a mistake by buying it.
    On me it turned within 5 minutes of application, so if you tried it on skin at the store- you should be OK

Edited to add- agree 1000% on the travel size issue- Serge, L'Artisan take note!!
    A Scent Rescuer

Sur la Plage

Fresh - Tobacco Flower - received in a trade

Top notes: French Bergamot, Orange Blossom, Ivy
    Middle notes: Tobacco Flower, Black Currant, Linden Tree Blossom
    Base notes: Eucalyptus, Mint Leaf, Elderberry

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Today it was Donna Karan Signature (reissue) and included were 2 x 10 ml freebie atomisers of Black Cashmere and Chaos.

Oh Dimi, those are my favorite DK perfumes.

Can we expect a review of Signature?
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Oh Dimi, those are my favorite DK perfumes.

Can we expect a review of Signature?
    Hi Arwen, yes absolutely Most likely this week coming

Basenotes Plus

I meandered through my local 4 block downtown area for brunch, the library and thrift stores this lovely Saturday.

Found two items:
    A bottle of Borsari Violetta di Parma. The clear bottle has a stremlined deco look and a round gold sticker for the lettering. The juice is kelly green, matching the cap. I test a few drops on skin and it is potent, green earthy violet.

1/4 oz bottle of Joy parfum in a gold cardboard presentation box, slightly stained where the bottle neck lays. The string seal hasn't been cut but somehow it has leaked. The splash bottle is dark blue or black with gold letters and a red cap. I'm not going to open this yet as I'm really not familiar with Joy I think this one has a high probability of being "off". For the prices I could not pass up.

No...will...power...at...all

Total with tax $9.85.
    Last edited by knit at nite; 6th November 2010 at 11:49 PM.
    A Scent Rescuer

Basenotes Institution

Wonderful buy knit_at_nite! I betcha the Joy is still good though - I have a few like that and they are still very good.

I have gone Chanel Mad !
    I bought Cristalle EDT and EDP and Chanel No.19 EDP .Totally in love with Chanel lately.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

More Bellodgia by Caron, this time the EDP.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 7th November 2010 at 03:52 AM.

I've been going for the cheap (and historic in some cases) frags recently... Yardley, Old Spice, and Stetson. (English Rose, Classic, and Black). Am "saving" for a big ticket splurge at the end of the year. (am only disappointed in Stetson Black but haven't been in the proper mood for it yet as I only got it today and was already in OS.)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Was perusing the new fragrance section in Myer Melbourne which now stocks are rather impressive selection of fragrances including L'Artisan, Rancé, Caron to name a few. I was also thrilled to be sevred by someone who not only knew about the fragrances but seemed to share the same passion and excitement about it as myself...a real treat.

I purchased a 30mlEDT of Fleurs de Rocaille and I also got a sample of Rancé Eau Empire
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Well I just bought a bottle of Narciso Rodguez Musc Intense for £21 on ebay. This was a bit of a surprise as it was just a random bid I put in never expecting to to go for so low. Its brand new and 50mls.
    DONNA

Bought the 15 ml EDP of Alien by T.Mugler yesterday....
    not sure about it.......( prefer the squirt of Elizabeth Arden "Pleasures" that I tried at the same time- one of my old forgotten favs ...).

Today I bought a bottle of FM Musc Ravageur. I had a sample that I'd been using and I ran out yesterday. I knew that I HAD to replace my sample with a full bottle. This stuff is breathtaking!!

I nabbed a set 1.7 oz bottle of Lolita Lempicka's Fleur du Corail at Tj maxx.$24.99+tax
    Hit the BIN button on Donna Karan Gold Sparkling 1oz for $2.99+shipping $5ish
    Just won Cartier Panther parfum 1/3 of a 1.8 oz bottle (very pretty bottle)$13.99+$8 shipping
    edit
    forgot I also won a mini of Kouros .

Finally my vintage Miss Dior extrait arrived (1/2 oz). She's a stunner!

Basenotes Plus

A georgeous Dior, indeed!

Won a back up bottle of Salvador Dali Laguna today on Evil bay- a wonderful warm weather scent.
    A Scent Rescuer

I love that Laguna!

I've spent FAR too much on perfume this week. On Wednesday, after reading that Luca Turin described it as "Tabu sprayed on a horse", I had to have some Paco Rabanne La Nuit and I managed to win a 100ml EDP for $100. From there I began reading about all the classic Paco Rabannes, so I purchased Metal and Calandre. At Wal-Mart, out of curiosity because of its Sophia Grojsman credentials, I bought a little Vanderbilt. Then, at Walgreens, they had a buy one get one 50% off sale, which caused me to get Poison and Dune. My Poison is the newer EDT that just says "Poison" and "Dior" on the bottle, but the Dune is older because it has no ingredient listening and says "Eau de Toilette" on the bottle- does anyone know when this is from, or when they started requiring full ingredient listing on perfume bottles?

"It smells absolutely heavenly; rich, viscous, deep and sort of sneaky, without that punch-in-the-nose effect the EdP has, much smoother and much dirtier. This stuff is carnal. I suppose it could be the bath oil, but it doesn't feel like an oil, in spite of the syrupy consistency."

I found some Youth-Dew that is probably of sixties vintage in an Estee Lauder makeup kit at an estate sale and was simply SHOCKED at how powerful the patchouli is in it. The amount of patchouli in Angel is NOTHING compared to this, nor, of course, is the current Youth-Dew. Four days ago I wore one spray, conservatively dabbed behind both ears and in the crook of my arm, and today I put on the jacket I'd been wearing that day. I was wearing Calandre, which is very light, but noticed a pervasive patchouli smell coming from somewhere- it turned out to be the Youth-Dew that had rubbed off of my arm into the interior of the jacket. It was THAT strong. Incredible stuff!
    Last edited by FruitDiet; 8th November 2010 at 03:42 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Three blind buys, three blind buys, see how they.......Oh never mind! Silly time

S de Scherrer
    Claude Montana EDT
    a mini mini (2ml) of Montana Parfum de Peau

My previous purchases of mini Snob and Sortilege by Le Galion arrived- Snob is too sharp for my taste but Sortilege is lovely. A soft beauty that conjures up images of voile curtains in a spring breeze.
    My back up bottle of Barbara Bui (white oil) also arrived. Smoochies to N_Tesla for alerting me to this scent- what a crave-able concoction. And the white oil is great for layering and using on dry patches in winter.
    Last edited by knit at nite; 11th November 2010 at 04:42 PM.
    A Scent Rescuer

Some arrivals today/night (I had the 2-9:30 shift at work-they were on the porch when I got home)
    White Christmas by Saraval, Ma Griffe by Carven,Baby Doll Paris by YSL,and Donna Karan Gold

I received my super supply of Holzman and Stephanie today, two bottles of Fascination and Je T'aime...and the seller's sample supply which let's me re-experience Tres Chic too. I am delighted!
    Last edited by Zibeline; 10th November 2010 at 11:04 AM.

A bottle of Donna Karan Gold Sparkling arrived today as did a 90% full 2oz bottle of Eau de Pretexte by Lanvin vintage .Pretexte was about 30 +shipping DKGS was 3+ 5for shipping if I'm not mistaken.

Today I bought a 100ml bottle of Noa Dream for £17. A complete punt, since I've never smelled it. I love the original, so we'll see. Should arrive in a couple of days.

I also bought a bottle of Diva EDP by Ungaro as a Christmas present for my mum. She used to wear it years ago, but stopped when she could no longer find it in the shops. I hope she still likes it, but I know someone who will take it off her hands if she doesn't

Sur la Plage

Van Cleef and Arpels Bois d'Iris

Notes include sweet notes, frankincense, iris, driftwood, vetiver, ambergris, labdanum, myrrh and vanilla.

Today I went to my Saks and purchased Washington Square and Coney Island by Bond No.9.....My free refill was Central Park by Bond No.9 of course.....So I received three for the price of two!!!
    Gary

Basenotes Plus

YUMMY! Dimi, I crave Cologne du 68 at times---
    A Scent Rescuer

A partial bottle of Serge Lutens Fleurs de Citronnier from Ebay. I've been wanting this for a while, and finally found a little more than half a bottle at a price I could justify. Well, at least I'll be ready for spring.