Code of Conduct

Default Terre d'Hermes - EDT or Pure Parfum?

I will buy it blind, so what is best?

Pure Parfum 2.5oz cost more than 3.4oz EDT.

Pure Parfum has more lasting and silage? Or is more close to the skin as some EDP?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Terre d'Hermes - EDT or Pure Parfum?

EDT is just fine by me
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

finally, something we've never discussed before! ;-)

I think the general concencus is that they're relatively similar. Many actually prefer the EdT. IMO I think the EdT is just fine and there's nothing that extra special about the Parfum version.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Post Thanks / Like

I think the parfum is smoother, so if I were to repurchase TdH that's what I'd get.

Last and silage are equals on both?

I prefer the organical twist on Parfum, EdT too sharp for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the parfum.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the parfum as well

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    EDT is just fine by me
    Agree.....

I have better sillage with the EDT and longevity are the same.....I m fine with the EDT.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

The EDT has a strong grapefruit note on the top making it bordering to becoming too sour. The Edt is rugged and rough. The Pure Parfum is a perfected EDT. Rounder, smoother....no bitter or sour smell to it.

I prefer the Parfum version.

Post Thanks / Like

What party are you going to go where people are going to be smelling you to see if you are wearing edt or edp of terre d'hermes? A basenotes party?

I have tried EDp and have to say it's more refined and stronger opening than the edt and it feels soapy. The EDt is just fine, and i think is as good as the EDp and smoother in my opinion. Same longevity and sillage. No much difference other than the strong opening to me.

EDt all the way.

EDT. The parfum lacks the depth of the EDT. It is like taking a good whiskey and adding a couple drops of water to open up the flavor. The parfum lacks the range of the EDT.

Post Thanks / Like

better sillage and longevity on the EDT. EDP just feels smoother on the opening, but that's just about it, nothing more... you can go with the EDT... some people can't stand the grapefruit opening of the edt and choose the edp...

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Parfum is stronger and has more sillage/longevity. It will kill your enemies and knock out small pets within a 6' radius for at least 6 hours. Mine went back to Nordstrom's. YMMV.

honestly, the minute differences in the two doesn't justifiy the purhcasing t me

i have em' both, like em' both, but wont by one or the other shortly....

o'll prolly stick with the EDT being I have Montale Red Vetyver.

As others have mentioned, the parfum is smoother and rounder. I feel that it stays closer to the skin, but lasts longer than the EdT. I almost can't smell ISO E Super, BTW, so that would affect my perception of sillage and longevity.
    Last edited by zliang; 2nd November 2010 at 02:44 AM.

I prefer The Parfum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
    I prefer The Parfum.
    Me too. By the way, there is no EDP version, just the EDT and pure perfume.

So, is it mostly grapefruit you're all smelling in the opening of the EDT? No oranges, etc? Not hi-jacking the thread, as Im in the same shoes as the op. I cant decide between the two...

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I favour the pure parfum. To me it seems more well-blended.

I prefer the parfum , also the Shower Gel is Excellent !
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Honestly, this is simply case of how much you're willing to pay. Terre d'Hermes is one of the very, very few cases in which I can say for certain the EdT and Parfum smell EXACTLY the same. The Parfum is just slightly stronger. If you Love the fragrance get the parfum, if you just like it, you will hardly be missing on anything with the EdT. I personally love it, the only bitter-orange fragrance that is flawless in my opinion, so I'll pay the extra for the Parfum. But as I said, it's a very slight different in strength, not worth the price difference as little as it may be unless you love it. The only recommendation I can give to you is don't get both, they're identical.

Definitely the parfum - 200ml

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

I have and like both but I prefer the parfum.
    I love cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by gabystie View Post
    What party are you going to go where people are going to be smelling you to see if you are wearing edt or edp of terre d'hermes? A basenotes party?

I have tried EDp and have to say it's more refined and stronger opening than the edt and it feels soapy. The EDt is just fine, and i think is as good as the EDp and smoother in my opinion. Same longevity and sillage. No much difference other than the strong opening to me.

EDt all the way.
    HAHAHAH that made me LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Terre d'Hermes - EDT or Pure Parfum?

Both are very good. but i think that EdT has more sillage. The Parfum, IMHO, is close to the skin, but is also very good.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    Both are very good. but i think that EdT has more sillage. The Parfum, IMHO, is close to the skin, but is also very good.
    Thats my afraid, parfum more closer to the skin.
    I always thought that parfum silage and lasting are so much more than edt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    I have to agree with this assessment. This is a good thing for the parfum, however. TdH is one of those scents I have a hard time distinguishing between "lightly applied" and "nuclear bomb". Both have better than average sillage i'd say. If this is your concern neither will disappoint.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    Terre d'Hermes is one of the very, very few cases in which I can say for certain the EdT and Parfum smell EXACTLY the same.
    This is definitely not true. The parfum is deeper and richer. The notes are not identical either; the composition has been reworked. An excellent discussion of this point can be found here:

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...fragrance.html

This is a quote from that article: "Terre d’Hermès Parfum explores a denser “Terre” (earth) than the original eau de toilette which married the skies above with the earth below. An intense concentration surely, yet not just ‘an intense version of Terre d’Hermès’ specifies Jean-Claude Ellena, but rather a rewriting that ‘amplifies the concept, and ‘heightens the contrasts’. Ellena has intensified the mineral-flint facets, and reinforced benzoin’s role resulting in a more bottom-heavy composition which nevertheless isn't far removed from the original. In the opening, shiso’s green, minty accents awaken the citrus tonalities a bit more perceptively. while the increased cedar allied to mossy notes tilt the composition from the aromatic hesperidic to the woody chypre; one of easy elegance."

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoy View Post
    This is definitely not true. The parfum is deeper and richer. The notes are not identical either; the composition has been reworked. An excellent discussion of this point can be found here:

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...fragrance.html

But hey, maybe it's just my nose that does not detect any significant difference.
    This is a quote from that article: "Terre d’Hermès Parfum explores a denser “Terre” (earth) than the original eau de toilette which married the skies above with the earth below. An intense concentration surely, yet not just ‘an intense version of Terre d’Hermès’ specifies Jean-Claude Ellena, but rather a rewriting that ‘amplifies the concept, and ‘heightens the contrasts’. Ellena has intensified the mineral-flint facets, and reinforced benzoin’s role resulting in a more bottom-heavy composition which nevertheless isn't far removed from the original. In the opening, shiso’s green, minty accents awaken the citrus tonalities a bit more perceptively. while the increased cedar allied to mossy notes tilt the composition from the aromatic hesperidic to the woody chypre; one of easy elegance."
    Maybe I'm going too far. The perfum does smell denser. But honestly, when I hold this up against any other EdT vs EdP/Parfum comparison, these two smell the closest to my nose. My point is simply that there is no Significant difference, I could emphasizes on the extra richness, but it hardly makes much difference. All in all the Parfum just lasts longer, it's stronger in the opening, but becomes the same, if not lighter later on. It does last longer though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567890 View Post
    I prefer the parfum , also the Shower Gel is Excellent !
    The Shower gel is great (is shampoo also).....and the after shave balm (alcohol free) is awesome....I bought 2 gift sets in 58 usd here in Chile. Cheap.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

I still haven't tried the parfum but, I'm tole the EDT is fresher with more of that earthy vibe. I suppose thats why some are saying the Parfum is smooth compared to the EDT.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

the edt. is powerful enough. IMHO
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Parfum version.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wearing the Parfum version today, and what stands out is a note that is very peppery when compared to the EDT. I like them both, some I'm glad I have them.

I like the EDT better than the parfum. While the scent of the two is essentially the same the EDT has a less intense heart of the pepper and woods with the tangy top of orange and grapefruit lingering all the way through the life of the scent. There's alot more balance between the top and heart and the EDT is more linear.

The parfum has a more intense heart with the pepper and woods that dominate after the first hour. The tangy top notes fall to the back ground if not almost completely disappear after the that first hour. The mineral aspect is present in both of them as well as the pepper and woods but with the parfum it's takes center stage.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

6 months later and now i have both

6.7oz of the Parfum and 3.4oz of the EDT
    I think i prefer the Parfum. The EDT is strong in the first 2 hours, but then it turns quiet for more 6 or 7 hours while the Parfum opens less strong but stays with the same stregth power (as applied) for more than 6 hours! And lasts for 14 or more. Outstanding.

I think i will layer the two and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    The EDT has a strong grapefruit note on the top making it bordering to becoming too sour.
    really? , I was reading that was just the effect of "orange peel".
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Post Thanks / Like

Pure Parfum, simply thanks to its longevity and projections, though both versions are good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have the EDT and several samples of the Parfum and I always wear them together. For some reason, the drydown reminds me of Zino Davidoff, which I also like. Sillage and longevity are both excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

EDP for me

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Parfum by miles of difference.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

To me, not much difference. The parfum last a little longer.