Code of Conduct

Default Fresh, clean WET soap?

I wore Gendarme for the first time in quite a while the other day, and I really liked the cleanliness of it, but more than anything I liked how fresh and wet it smelt, like a nice smooth and wet bar of soap. So I was just wondering if there were any other alternatives that have this quality? I'm not a fan of Prada's soapy fragrances (too dry and anise/liquorice-like for me).

Default Re: Fresh, clean WET soap?

Yes, Gendarme is awesome for it's fresh, clean and wet soapy vibe. Prada D'Infusion is too dry and starchy for me as well. Mugler Cologne has that fresh, clean and wet feel with an added green zing to it. It's not like Gendarme which has a predominant soapy smell, it's more green up front with a soapy back drop and then dries down to have that soapy vibe step forward more so as the day goes on. Love both Mugler Cologne and Gendarme, though.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Mugler's a great choice. But we can have different ideas as to what smells soapy depending on what type of soap we're used to using. Personally I think Rive Gauche PH is very soapy.

My personal favorite is Mugler Cologne. It doesn't even really smell like "soap", it smells like you were standing in the bathroom after you took a shower. Almost a steamy cleanliness. It's such a bright and uplifting scent. Extremely affordable as well!
    ôLove is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.ö
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Roger & Gallet's Open smells like wet/thick shaving soap lather. A very long-lasting, rich and clean scent. Sort of like Rive Gauche on steroids. Another excellent soap, although not wet, more like the perfect powdered laundry soap, is Cartier's Eau De Cartier Concentree. Gendarme Green is like wet green shampoo. Mugler is somewhat like barsoap, somewhat like dishsoap.

But, since you ask not for lathered foam but bar soap......this mention specifically of "wet soap", makes me think of the image of a white marble/porcelain bathroom, steamy with the smell of white barsoap and skin, and that makes me think of the cleaner, fresher side of CREED's Orange Spice. I have long yearned for a scent mixing all the fresher musks of Orange Spice with fresher/contemporary topnotes.

I also remember Lagerfeld Photo, lightly applied, smelled like thick frothy white barsoap.

I get a very soapy vibe on the dry down from Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme.

Try Creed Original Vetiver if you can get a reasonable priced sample.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Try Creed Original Vetiver if you can get a reasonable priced sample.
    Yes. I find it to be in the same family as Mugler Cologne, just more masculine.

I'll second Original Vetiver...it's more plant-y than mugler which I think is more a sharp and dry soap.

I'll also second Gendarme Green, which I think is one of very few scents that are as "wet" as Gendarme original.

And speaking of the original, I'm inclined to say that the EdC is more of a wet soap than the EdP...the EdP is so much more concentrated that it ends up getting too sweet and heavy. I thought my EdP decant would supplant my EdC bottle, but it's more the other way around.

I fully agree that Mugler Cologne and Rive Gauche PH have soapiness. Miller Harris-Fuilles de Tabac also dries down to a wonderful soapy accord.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

+ Mugler Cologne

Oh yea, D&G pour Homme is a nice wet soapy.

I like Creed's Original Vetiver as well, similar to Mugler Cologne, a bit more expensive though.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Mugler Cologne. Its sublime. Im already scouting for deals, looking to get a second bottle - despite the fact that I havent even gone through half of the one I own.

I find Amouage Silver a very high quality soapy scent.

Mugler Cologne or Formidable