Code of Conduct

Default Iris Silver Mist vs L'Homme de Coeur vs Irisss

I've gotten very curious about ISM lately. I don't know how I've managed to not sample it yet.

This isn't really a versus thread as in "which one is better?" but just a comparison thread. I've got samples of both L'Homme de Coeur and Xerjoff's Irisss, and am quite curious to know how ISM compares.

Thanks!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: Iris Silver Mist vs L'Homme de Coeur vs Irisss

Iris Silver Mist is a must sample if you're a fragrance enthusiast. You might not like it but you just have to try it. You'll find it interesting nonetheless.

Irisss is a bit similar. Same carrot iris note but the Irisss is smoother and refined. It doesn't have the roughness, earthy soil and cold winter air of ISM.

If iris is a note you love, then ISM is a MUST have, or at least experience. In my book, it's the most sophisticated iris scent (at least amongst the many iris scents I have tried). To my nose, it's an educated piece of cacophony. A melange of opposites that manage to settle elegantly like a Jazz tune that you know by heart quite well. I remember the first time I tried it, I was unable to decide wether it was sweet or extremely dry as it seemed to swing between both in a bewildering way. I remember that that very earthy smell (the smell of soil) which turned my stomach became the very element that made me fall for it later on. Iris - the note - is very upfront in the scent yet it's definitely not a soliflore. It's much much more than The Different Company’s Bois d’Iris or Hermes’ Hiris (sp?).
    Unlike Divine’s Iris (L'Homme de Coeur), ISM tends to be on the dark side. I think that’s because of the little powderiness it’s got vs. *green*. Divine’s L’HC, on the other hand, is green and has a lot of sunlight that surrounds the iris root note. It’s been a while since I wore either. I’ll make a comparison tonight but both are absolute faves of mine. Iris Bleu Gris by MPG comes a tad behind. I haven’t tried the Xerjoff.
    Last edited by Killer_Vavoom; 3rd November 2010 at 11:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Iris Silver Mist is one of the most artistical irises that i have ever tried. It may not translate into something wearable for everyone, but if you enjoy irises and want a fragrance that explore all irises aspects possible, then you should really try ISM. I remember that ISM opens with a metallic, cold iris aroma, which is followed by roothy aspect of the iris, something that remindes me of soil and of carrot too. The last aspect that i perceive in ISM is the powder, soft floral aspects of the iris aroma. It also has something that i hadn`t notice on iris fragrances until a friend pointed out to me in a iris synthetic aroma: the smell of concrete.
    If there`s an iris fragrance suitable for vampires, it`d be ISM. It smells androgynous, dark, and cold.

Post Thanks / Like

i hope ISM doesnt smell anything like Hiris..

recently i sampled indusion d' Iris in a mall.. loved it. it seemed it was blended with tobacco

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not smelled anything that smells like Iris Silver Mist. SoS you need to try it.