Code of Conduct

Default When will Creed Aventus be available from online discounters?

Any ideas?

Default Re: When will Creed Aventus be available from online discounters?

Not for awhile! I hope! lol! I don't want everyone smelling like me! haha kidding!

Probably not for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Probably not for a few years.
    You're joking..

I would think maybe 3-4 years? Just buy a flacon

I don't get it, I read up on grey market that it's just a different distribution channel where the pricing of the fragrances are a lot low. Then if grey market won't have Aventus until the next 3 to 4 years. That to me means Creed will not distribute Aventus to those countries for the next 3 to 4 years? It doesn't make sense to me in terms of sales and marketing, unless they expect those people to buy from US and France.

Initailly it is relatively easy for a company to keep track of its distribution - 10000 bottles went here, 1000, there etc and their serial numbers etc. As time goes on it gets harder and harder as people order more stock and may not have sold all the older stock and more and more outlets come into the picture, older stock needs replacing as regulation change etc.
    Having said that, I would be suprised if it took more than a year....
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Is a flacon the same as the bottle?
    Last edited by hedonist222; 2nd November 2010 at 11:42 AM.

The bad part will come when someone copies Aventus (P Diddy?) and it becomes a mass market scent. Then it will be time to drop it as my signature scent and find a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
    it becomes a mass market scent. Then it will be time to drop it as my signature scent and find a new one.
    Shouldn't we just wear a scent because it suits us and it smells good to us? Sure if Creed becomes mass market scents it's not as special, rare or niche but if you really love it why would you care?

Anyhow I really don't think I can wait that long to buy Aventus so here goes my savings if it gets released in grey market within the next 3 months I'm going to be really cut lol.

I walked by a dicount perfume kiosk in a shopping mall, and saw they had a few bottles of Creed (I do not remember which ones). I asked if she had Aventus, and she said there was not enough demand for it to be in stock, but she could get me the large bottle for $210 (MSRP $270).

I hope they can send it international!

My best guess would be that during Spring or Summer we'll see it appear at online discounters. Just a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
    The bad part will come when someone copies Aventus (P Diddy?) and it becomes a mass market scent.
    That'd be the good part, so long as they do it well. Zara Sprint 9.58 already used the exact same Apple/Pineapple note. And other designer scents have already used similar chunks of Aventus top/heart....so ingredient cost shouldn't be an issue for any of the copycats, like it was with MI. The only issue I think will be the 15% required difference, which I hope Sean Combs takes advantage of and shifts the moss/musk/ambergris up, as well as the black currant/rose/bergamot, perhaps adding an Angelica Root note as well....as Aventus layered with Bois D'Orage is rather nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    My best guess would be that during Spring or Summer we'll see it appear at online discounters. Just a guess.
    That'd be the good part, so long as they do it well. Zara Sprint 9.58 already used the exact same Apple/Pineapple note. And other designer scents have already used similar chunks of Aventus top/heart....so ingredient cost shouldn't be an issue for any of the copycats, like it was with MI. The only issue I think will be the 15% required difference, which I hope Sean Combs takes advantage of and shifts the moss/musk/ambergris up, as well as the black currant/rose/bergamot, perhaps adding an Angelica Root note as well....as Aventus layered with Bois D'Orage is rather nice.
    I read your previous post on Zara. Interested to try it out.

Saving up for a flacon myself, where did you get yours from? The Creed site itself doesn't have an option to buy the flacon and Neiman Marcus shows pre-order set for 12/3/2010. $370 is well worth it for 8oz and it's crazy splittable / tradeable if I end up not wanting that much! Too bad Creed stopped doing their samples I was going to hook up a few, I guess I can use other places but the sample bottles were cool looking.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

If they don't have it on ebay and online discounters by next Spring, I would be very surprised. My bet is look for it at beautyencounter.com and scentiments.com next Spring at around $140 a pop for the 4 OZ. My bold prediction of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    My best guess would be that during Spring or Summer we'll see it appear at online discounters.
    I think that's a fair assessment.

I have a feeling it's going to be hard to tell the bottles of real from fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    I have a feeling it's going to be hard to tell the bottles of real from fake.
    The counterfeiters will at least have the added hassle of getting the leather wrapping right - I like to think it will be an additional hindrance to the bastards.