Code of Conduct

Default How Long Would 5 ml of This Scent Last? (Plus a few more questions)

I'm considering purchasing a 5 ml bottle of Milk by Ava Luxe, after I sample it of course. I'm looking for a signature scent, and Milk is on the short list. But it ends up being $23 for 5 ml of oil. That may seem like spare change to some of you, but it's quite a bit for me.

My first question is: approximately how long would a 5 ml bottle of Ava Luxe Milk last, with a few dabs of use every day (it would be my everyday frag)?

My second question: are there any similar scents that are yet cheaper than Milk? Milky vanilla, soft and sweet wih nothing spicy or heavy to complicate it. Preferrably (but not necessarily) oil, like from a smaller niche company? Does Possets offer anything like Milk?

Default Re: How Long Would 5 ml of This Scent Last? (Plus a few more questions)

5ml isn't much for an everyday fragrance it's about 1/6 oz, I'm guessing 3-4 months. I haven't tried that one, so I don't know how much sillage it has or how well it lasts on skin.

You might want to check out cherryblossomdiva.com, cjscents.com, cleanseyoursoul.com has tons of foody scents as well, there are a lot of e-tailers out there that could give you what you want at a reasonable price, most of them have sample programs as well.

Oils will last longer than sprays as you use much less. I'm not familiar with the Ave Luxe line: do the oils come in rollerballs? If so, I agree with jacona on her couple months estimate, assuming you wear it daily.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

DocmanCC, it doesn't come in a rollerball, but I could always put it in one. You guys really think it would last a few months? I wouldn't consider buying it if it lasted less than two months.

I had a sample (.75ml) of Milk oil and while pretty strong I don't think it lasted more than 3,4 wearings. I also have a couple of mls of Love's True Bluish Light and I imagine I could use it up in a week or two at the most. If I were you, I would check out the sellers suggested by Jacona. I can't suggest a specific perfume, but once someone sent me a sample of something named Exotic Orchid or Wild Orchid, or somethining like this from one of them. It was pretty close to Ava Luxe's Love's True Bluish Light (in the same category as Milk) but more intense and I am pretty sure very inexpensive.

I was thinking that a few months might be a bit excessive, darkdreams. Usually I use up 1 ml samples within a week. $23 per month x 12 months = $276! Yow.

darkdreams, are you sure you don't remember what that frag similar to LTBL was exactly, or where it was from? It sounds interesting.
    Last edited by Butterscotching; 2nd November 2010 at 10:30 PM.

I found it: http://www.pittstreetsoap.com/Fragrance.html and it is called Vanilla Orchid.
    But again, it is the only one I tried, I am sure there are many more on this site or the others that yo might like.
    BPAL surely has some nice vanillas too. Let us know what you get.

I can't speak for oils, but 1 ml. of perfume is generally about 8 sprays from an atomizer; by that logic, 5 ml. may not last you past the month.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

It's 45 bucks for 15 ml if you can hold out a little longer...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/48812950...il-by-ava-luxe
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

I just wanted to second what a lot of folks are saying... if longevity is an issue, I wouldn't look at natural lines. I'll give you an example: I bought 5 ml of Caron's Alpona extrait this past year ($35), and it will last me 2 years (I wear once every 12 days, approx). And when i do wear it, one spray lasts 18 hours. You won't get that from a natural oil, no way.
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

I wasn't aware that Ava Luxe is a "natural" line.

Does anyone have any opinions on Dragonfly Blue's Vanilla oil? Any recs on a good gentle, warm vanilla oil (with a bit of musk) would be awesome! I don't like LaVanila or Sula's Vanilla Blossom - they're way too artificial and supersweet, like fake vanilla flavoring.

I'm estimating, depending on how much you put on, it should be enough for 15-25 wearings.