Code of Conduct

Default Bogart Pour Homme

What are your thoughts on this one? I picked it up blind---the eBay deal was too hard to pass up---and have recently been trying it out.

I think it really nails the cherry tobacco note, but falls short viscerally somewhere along the line. I'm not sure I can pinpoint exactly what's wrong with it, but I think it has something to do with the sweetness. It's sort of like drinking an iced tea sweetened with Stevia instead of Sugar---there's just something off about it, and it comes across 1000x sweeter than you know it should. The sweetness makes it seem synthetic, and the syntheticness makes it seem.....i don't know, cheap?

The reviews are very kind to this fragrance, so I'm curious whether adjusting to this frag is a waiting game, or whether what you see is what you get. Any Bogey proponents out there?
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Default Re: Bogart Pour Homme

Not entirely related the your post, but how much did you pay for it?
    I'm preparing to buy this blind based off the reviews here and it's fairly cheap online.

Quote Originally Posted by Ete View Post
    Not entirely related the your post, but how much did you pay for it?
    I'm preparing to buy this blind based off the reviews here and it's fairly cheap online.
    http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=400164520300
    'bout 17 USD shipped.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Im going to get one Bogart blind.
    I recently get a Silver Scent (was tried before) and love the very long lasting and strong silage that they have.
    And the scent was not bad at all, very synthetic, some green grape that makes me salivate!

It is kind of sweet at first but it changes over time. I think it's a great value at its normal price let alone what you paid for it!

I love Bogart Pour Homme. I don't find it to be overly sweet, and I generally don't like sweet fragrances. Though I can understand why some people call it a tobacco scent, I don't think of it in that way. For me, it's a big cedar/oakmoss/patchouli scent, with unbelievable longevity and almost embarrassing levels of sillage. It's a real powerhouse of a frag, and is perhaps the strongest fragrance I own.

A real room-clearer.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

It's one of those frags that I can't even dilute with vodka to make it wearable, probably because it's too unbalanced for my tastes. I do have Michael for Men and The Dreamer, and like them. I think I need more notes, along with better blending and balance, but then it would lose it's "edginess," which some prefer. It's just a "different strokes for different folks" situation, IMO.

I love Bogart pour Homme, great tobacco note and smells great for a looong time. My GF loves it when I wear it she says it's as "sexy as hell".

Quality frag which reminds me a hell of a lot of Burberry London as both have similar drydowns.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I tested this a couple of times and plan on getting a bottle next time I go around the discount stores. I really like the "cherry" note - I don't get a true "tobacco" from it.

Your analogy using sugar vs. stevia is pretty apt. I wouldn't say it's too sweet, because it's definitely not as sweet as some of the gourmands, say Rochas Man for instance. And it doesn't smell cheap per se, but it's a little thin and lacking teeth. So I would describe it as not good enough to satisfy, but good enough to enjoy.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

I like Bogart per Homme a lot - one can't hide and be subtle wearing this scent.
    But there was something wrong the spray mechanism of the 100ml bottle I got.
    I couldn't see anything leaking from it, but whenever I used it, scent emanated from the bottle for the next three days, and my bedroom smelled very strongly of Bogart.

So I gave it to my nephew. He decided he loved it, and has used up four fifths of it in the last 6 weeks.

Whenever I go round to my brother's house, the place reeks of Bogart per Homme. The rest of his family doesn't seem to be able to detect it any more.
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I like Bogart per Homme a lot - one can't hide and be subtle wearing this scent.
    I couldn't see anything leaking from it, but whenever I used it, scent emanated from the bottle for the next three days, and my bedroom smelled very strongly of Bogart.

So I gave it to my nephew. He decided he loved it, and has used up four fifths of it in the last 6 weeks.

Whenever I go round to my brother's house, the place reeks of Bogart per Homme. The rest of his family doesn't seem to be able to detect it any more.
    Regards,
    Renato
    ((giggle))

Regards,
    Renato
    hahaha

I just got a decant of it and tried it twice. It's so so for me, but I generally don't like cherries.

Regards,
    Renato
    I wonder what their guests and neighbors think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post

I wonder what their guests and neighbors think about it.
    Me too.
    Probably think it's some exotic air freshener.

I was over there tonight, and only the far half of their long shaped house - near his bedroom -reeked of Bogart PH (he wasn't at home, though).
    Renato