Code of Conduct

Default Reduced functionality in the directory over the next few days

Hello

We're turning off reviews, wardrobe and SOTD functionality from the Directory over the weekend, so we can upgrade a few things and hopefully wave goodbye to this:

Server Unavailable

For those of you wishing to enter the Essentially Me review competition, you can submit your reviews before the deadline using the Contact Us link.

Cheers

Default Re: Reduced functionality in the directory over the next few days

Thanks , Grant!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Hello

We're turning off reviews, wardrobe and SOTD functionality from the Directory over the weekend, so we can upgrade a few things and hopefully wave goodbye to this:

Server Unavailable

For those of you wishing to enter the Essentially Me review competition, you can submit your reviews before the deadline using the Contact Us link.

Cheers

Phew! I was a touch worried, but have done exactly that. I've just posted my review in via Contact Us and will also send it to Essentially Me : )
    Thanks
    Yasmin x

First, thank you for your work!

I think it would be clearer if in the future instead of "over the weekend" (which of course varies a lot depending on where on the globe you are) some universal term would be used, such as e.g., from 2010-11-xx 00:00 UT until 2010-11-yy 00:00 UT (or GMT or CET or US time or whatever). The weekend is over in Europe but not in the US (and the functionalities are not back yet).
    Last edited by bonsai; 8th November 2010 at 10:57 AM.

Still not back online yet. Had a few things unexpected turn up at the weekend. Aiming for Tuesday midnight GMT. If its any consolation, you will be able to edit reviews again!

OK, tomorrow you should have the ability to edit reviews again. I would put it up now, but it's 3am and I've probably left some great big bugs in there which I should look at when I'm not half asleep

Night all.

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    First, thank you for your work!

I think it would be clearer if in the future instead of "over the weekend" (which of course varies a lot depending on where on the globe you are) some universal term would be used, such as e.g., from 2010-11-xx 00:00 UT until 2010-11-yy 00:00 UT (or GMT or CET or US time or whatever). The weekend is over in Europe but not in the US (and the functionalities are not back yet).
    The only addition to that request for timeframe clarification I would request would be "or whenever the bugs actually get ironed out - or barring other unforeseen circumstances which inevitably occur so we'll just post you when it's back.". ... love ya Grant!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to”
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

UPdate. Not sure what I was doing last night, but not sure it helped.

It's lunchtime now, I'm not realistically going to get anything complicated done until the kids are in bed, so in the meantime I'll be doing lightweight stuff like responding to my squillion emails, and put up a few articles.

Sorry it's taking so long

Thumbs up Re: Reduced functionality in the directory over the next few days

I understand..but
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Getting there. All the reviews are tranferred over, and it's currently transferring all the wardrobe stuff. My word you all have a lot of fragrance.

Should be done tonight but if not, my 3 yr-old is at the Childminder tomorrow so should finish it then.

Thumbs up Re: Reduced functionality in the directory over the next few days

Getting there. All the reviews are tranferred over, and it's currently transferring all the wardrobe stuff. My word you all have a lot of fragrance.

Should be done tonight but if not, my 3 yr-old is at the Childminder tomorrow so should finish it then.
    No!!! Please stay with your baby tomorrow.....it is important for both...
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Loving the look of the new drobes Notesy! Just one thing, there is no way to sort by house!! Please please can we have that as I will get all autistic if I can't!!!

D

Quote Originally Posted by CoL View Post
    Just one thing, there is no way to sort by house!! Please please can we have that as I will get all autistic if I can't!!!
    Can I second CoL's request? Organisation by house is essential to the preservation of my sanity when perusing a wardrobe.

Thanks!

new wardrobes are awesome. job well done.

The new look of wardrobes is really fantastic.
    Truly great job!

Quote Originally Posted by CoL
    Just one thing, there is no way to sort by house!! Please please can we have that as I will get all autistic if I can't!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherlemontree
    Can I second CoL's request? Organisation by house is essential to the preservation of my sanity when perusing a wardrobe.
    ...and another huge PLEASE for the same thing from me, as well.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Hi. I know there is a lot of work on-going at the moment, but I can't find any info about this. I'm having trouble adding fragrances to my wardrobe. I used to do it via the directory, but that function doesn't seem available right now. Is it just a temporary thing, or am I missing some new trick.....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by anotherlemontree View Post

Thanks!
    No panic! I have spoken to the Grand Notesy himself and the option is being added, always was! Harrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo!

Basenotes Institution

Grant- the new wardrobe is looking great - just wanted to say so !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Just curious - will a "tally" of one's frags appear in the wardrobe. I don't see the total appear anywhere, as it used to.

Thanks for doing such a wonderful job with this!

Grant -all I can say at first is WOW!!!!!!!!!
    Absolutely incredible job!

Thank you very much, Grant! I am very enthusiastic about the new wardrobe - awesome!

Just noticed that a couple of frags are no longer listed in my collection, although I know I didn't remove them.

The two that I noticed are missing are Skarb and Memoir Man. There may be more - I'm checking now.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Basenotes Plus

Didn't realize just how very dependent I had become on using the Directory until it was unavailable...Thanks, Grant, for all your hard work!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Just noticed that a couple of frags are no longer listed in my collection, although I know I didn't remove them.

The two that I noticed are missing are Skarb and Memoir Man. There may be more - I'm checking now.

Did you add them back in, I can see them now?

If anyone wants to compare the data we had in the old wardrobe, with the transfered data you can do so by going to

http://www.basenotes.net/oldwardrobe/xxx - replacing xxx with your user number

Did you add them back in, I can see them now?

If anyone wants to compare the data we had in the old wardrobe, with the transfered data you can do so by going to

Sorry for being daft, but where/how do I find my user number?
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I've had one frag replaced by another: Mazzolari Vetyver instead of Malizia Vetyver. The Mazzolari was one I added accidentally a while ago and then corrected as Malizia, so it looks like some old wardrobe info has snuck in there somehow? I'll leave it alone in case you want to look at it.

Also, how do we edit the text that used to be in the blue box? The CdG entry in mine has been screwed up - I guess by the cedilla - and I can't change it back.

Otherwise, it's all awesome - thanks!

[edit] never mind the mystery fragrance swap - looks like I caused it when I moved stuff to the samples category. All good!
    Last edited by ceekay; 15th November 2010 at 07:37 PM.

You can get to the settings in a sneaky way here:

Http://www.Basenotes.net/oldwardrobe/settings

Great, thanks

Can we have the total count back and the ability to edit the free text bit?

Cheers Mr Notes!!! ><

Off-Scenter

So has anybody yet managed to submit a new review successfully? Am I missing something here?

Never mind.
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 16th November 2010 at 02:17 AM.

In "fragrance reviews", will we be able to see the thumbs up / neutral / thumbs down count or score?

The totals are back toooooo!

Can I just remind everyone that Grant has other commitments and it's mad busy so he may take a while to get back to you. Also, please remember we all basically get to use the wonderful site, huge fragrance directory and wardrobe functions for FREE! Yes I know many of us are paid supporters but we do get waaay beyond value for money!

Colx