Code of Conduct

Default What's so unique about Creed Himalaya?

Sampling this one now. It smells perfectly...average to me. Kind of MI meets SMW meets whatever the most generic, neutral soapy scent currently listed on eBay is. I smell the patented Creed ambergris, but there is nothing else showing through so far to distinguish this from the pack. Also, I've been wearing it for almost two hours, and it's already fading fast. Is it my vial, or the frag in general?
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Default Re: What's so unique about Creed Himalaya?

I share your views on Himalaya. Nothing special.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusInKensington View Post
    Nothing special.
    Ditto.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I asked some ladies what they thought of CREED Himalaya when I compared it to Paco Rabanne XS.

More ladies liked Paco Rabanne XS, so you might want to try Paco Rabanne XS.

the fact that its creed. thats it. if it was any other brand it would prolly be one of the most bashed fragrances

I sampled this a couple of times and was very underwhelmed. It's not like I thought it was well done but not for me, I was just confused. It didn't really smell like a whole lot at all to my nose. I think there's supposed to be some sort of gunpowder note like an ash or dirty powder, but honestly there was nothing about it that made me want to keep smelling it.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

agreed with above, check out paco XS some say its similar and soem say its better. Let your nose decide

What exactly is "that" note that Himilaya and XS share. The smoky incense one.

I agree with the critical comments about H. .... and I love other Creeds.

So there (-:

Himalaya is just another boring synthetic sporty "Millesime" type Creed scent. It smells almost identical to all the Millesimes.

It annoys me that Creed would rather continue cranking out boring frags like Himalaya and discontinue their great scents like Cypres-Musc.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Not my favorite Creed of all the ones in my collection but one I enjoy nevertheless.

nice name.. average odour
    “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    Sampling this one now. It smells perfectly...average to me. Kind of MI meets SMW meets whatever the most generic, neutral soapy scent currently listed on eBay is. I smell the patented Creed ambergris, but there is nothing else showing through so far to distinguish this from the pack. Also, I've been wearing it for almost two hours, and it's already fading fast. Is it my vial, or the frag in general?
    Let's just say it's not your vial. It IS actually nice, but it is actually generic, and it does actually fade (too) quickly. I find it comforting but that s pretty much it, and I would have a higher opinion of it if it was not that short -lived. Nice frag, but definitely not bottle worthy for me though.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Dependent

Because nothing smells closer to XS than Himalaya. Passable scent.

My favorite Creed, so much better than GIT, SMW or MI. I even like it better than BdP. Hah, I said it.

It's a subtle, pleasant scent that doesn't intrude into other peoples private spaces, and (for a young man like me) it's suitable for most social situations. A "crowd pleaser" if you want. It's not the most complex or remarkable fragrance on the market, but the quality seems to be slightly above average and I like the smell.

Longevity certainly is a problem and the silver bottle is ugly.

It`s perfect for a younger crowd. The longevity and sillage could be better. Comparing this to a ordinary designer scent is wrong. Himalaya is far better than most of them.

Who said Himalaya was unique and special? I agree, it's one of Creed's lowpoints. Not for its quality mind you, but for its banality.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Yeah I just get spicy soap. I bought another sample though, cause it reminds me of Christmas. Out of all the samples I tried last Christmas, I really remember Himalaya. I'm not totally sure why.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I wish I could figure out a good way to explain what this smells like to me. Bear with me:

1. Smell original Polo

2. Now smell Polo Modern Reserve

3. Smell the difference? The somewhat soapier, smoother undertone? Those notes (the difference between MR and original Polo), to me, make up the bulk of Himalaya.

I'm a big fan fan of the Creed Millesimes, but Himalaya just doesn't do it for me. At least it hasn't in the three or four samplings I've given it.

I agree with those who say it's extremely average (or below).

Times are changing,a few years ago Himalaya was an hot item here on basenotes.They talked about if it came right from heaven.This and GIT where on top.I think most people are right when they say that it is not so special at all.The only Creed I adore is BDP.They can keep the rest.

Himalaya, when I first started sampling, was a favorite of mine from Creed. That didn't last long. Sampling it was fine, giving it a full wearing was another. It was, as others have stated average and that "dirty comb" accord really just lingered on me. I don't even look at it now.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 9th November 2010 at 06:04 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    Good observation, let your nose be your pilot...
    Let your nose be your pilot