Code of Conduct

Default Flakes/small particles in my cologne. why?

So a few months back I bought a bottle of Brut online. Its a plastic spray bottle, but just today I was looking at it and noticed small flakes floating around in it. The copyright on the back says 2005, so idk if that also means its also that old. But is this frag spoiled? I have never seen this in my other colognes.
    wasurete shimau darou kata nitsumo rukanashimi wa nakareru hoshi no tenidakare

Default Re: Flakes/small particles in my cologne. why?

Is it a splash or spray? Either way that's not good but if it's a splash I'd be concerned about a fake whereas a spray would be more difficult to pull off. But a fake Brut? Who would bother? Wait, the particles aren't air bubbles are they? If not, I'd be concerned - I've never seen particles (solids?) floating in any of my perfumes.

Watashi wa dare desu ka? Kitsune desu.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

This is a spray, and its made by Idelle Labs, which is the American company that makes Brut. And its not at all bubbles, they are for sure small thin translucent flakes that look like dead skin...ewww.

-Hajimomashte Kitsune-san. Watashi wa Maya desu. Yoroshiku onegashimasu!

I would return the item....or throw it out; there shouldn't be any sediment in a fragrance.
    FOR SALE CHEAP !!.....two blind buys that didn't work for me : 4.2oz CORDUROY by Zirh EDT and 3.4 oz CADILLAC EDT; both like new !

Why would anyone fake Brut, or buy it for that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeCheiroso View Post
    Why would anyone fake Brut, or buy it for that matter?
    I wanted to say the same thing but it's no one's place to criticize the tastes/purchases of others. I grew up on Brut, actually, and while it's not a mind-blowing scent it still smells better than a lot of things that cost more these days. Your comment is insulting.

Regardless, I agree, no fragrances should have any sort of bits floating in them. Period.

Hajimemashite, Maya-san! Mata itsuka o-ai dekiru desho! Yorushiku!
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

ViViD,
    Don't be too concerned about the solids/flakes in the bottle as long as the juice smells right to you. This happens with some bottles where particles from the plastic or the sprayer mechanism/straw, or the plastic coating inside the container start decomposing. I've seen it happen to more expensive and completely legitimate bottles too.
    However, the point is that this may be an indication of old bottle or heat and bad storage. In that case, the smell of the juice will tell you if something is wrong. Otherwise, enjoy!

It was mostly a tongue in cheek comment, and I could also say I find your comment insulting. Then again I'm beggining to feel there's a sort of culture around here... people can make insulting reviews saying Bleu de Chanel sucks (it's very disappointing indeed but it still doesn't suck) but if you point at someone in specific, ooooooh that's so mean.

Isn't Axe cheaper? It seems to have the advantage of variety too.

hey hey hey keep the arguments to a minimum ok thanks. Why did I buy it? Cuz the people (mostly girls) where I live like Brut a lot, and wouldn't you wear a scent if girls like it? Everyone I meet says it smells good, so why WOULDN'T you buy it. I like to make people happy with my scent, and Brut does it. But we all have different opinions for fragrances, and just like some peoples preferred fragrances, they ALL STINK.

Hmm does it? Maybe I should get a sample and see how people react to it heh.

go for it bro

flakes maybe from the plastic particles from the bottle