Code of Conduct

Default Ineke's 'Gilded Lily'...unisex?

I received a complimentary sample of Gilded Lily yesterday and decided to spray a bit on and smell the results. It is a beautiful fragrance.
    Top: Pineapple, Rhubarb, Grapefruit
    Middle: Goldband Lily from Japan
    Base: Patchouli, Oakmoss, Labdanum

As this began to dry down gently and subtly, I was struck by the fact that, even though Ineke alternates her "alphabet" of fragrances by gender (G being a feminine one), it was very clean and certainly not cloyingly sweet. I am going to experiment with this in a day or two and fully apply the perfume on clean skin. If it turns out to become too feminine, then I would say a lady would love it a lot. One of Ineke's best so far has been Evening Edged In Gold. I gave one of my samples to a young lady and she flipped, and said it was the best perfume she had ever worn.
    Anyone else smelled this beauty yet?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ineke's 'Gilded Lily'...unisex?

No, not yet. I'm thinking my wife may like that one. I'm a fan of Field Notes from Paris. I agree that Evening Edged In Gold is an excellent frag. Not my style, but excellent. I also like Derring-Do - a great scent for guys. Ineke's scents have some of the best aspects of both mainstream and niche fragrances, IMO. They have this certain pleasing-and-never-off-putting nature which mainstream frags have, yet they stand apart from the crowd as legitimate niche. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    No, not yet. I'm thinking my wife may like that one. I'm a fan of Field Notes from Paris. I agree that Evening Edged In Gold is an excellent frag. Not my style, but excellent. I also like Derring-Do - a great scent for guys. Ineke's scents have some of the best aspects of both mainstream and niche fragrances, IMO. They have this certain pleasing-and-never-off-putting nature which mainstream frags have, yet they stand apart from the crowd as legitimate niche. Good stuff.
    One thing I've noticed about her scents is that there seems to be no signature combination of notes that identify it as coming from her workshop. Really, everything about her fragrances is top notch, from the thoughtful choice of ingredients to the absolutely beautiful (and hefty) bottles. By the time she gets to "Z" she should already have made several classics. Like you say, Evening Edged In Gold is wonderful. Gilded Lily is delightful as well and will no doubt have many fans once warmer weather returns.

It's a bit floral in the top notes and some men might not like that.

It dries down to a warm, woody scent. In that respect, some men can wear this.

Field Notes is wonderful and unisex.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.