Code of Conduct

Default how do you take carte of your hands?

hey all!
    How do you take care of your hands? Only good hand creme or something more than that?
    please share!

Default Re: how do you take carte of your hands?

I just use hand creme. Once in a while I use a scrub, but my hands largely go ignored. I should be using a sunscreen, at least; everything I've tried is either too greasy or not moisturizing enough.

thanks for sharing

I am a hand cream freak. Tubes of it in every handbag, usually Avon. In the flat its L'Occitan Shea Butter. Everytime I wash my hands on goes the handcream. When exfoliating my body 3 times a week I do my hands as well.
    DONNA

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Just hand cream, but I use it often in the drier/cooler months, and bring it with me in my purse.

We have a number of different ones around the house that we have accumulated over the years. Which one I use depends on which room I'm in, how dry my hands are, whether I'm leaving it on overnight, and whether I want unscented or fragranced at the moment.

I like the Working hands cream by okeefee's it goes on nice and silky, its not greasy and not that expensive,

I used to use Crabtree & Evelyn's gardners therapy (I liked the smell) can't buy that anymore, if you can its really expensive.

I prev tried Neutrogena Norwegian formula (greasy feel) Nivea regular and soft didn't like either, Bag Balm (yes I tried it) Ugh...way too much like vaseline, Udder Butter, Avon's Moisture Therapy (last time I bought it quite awhile ago it was to thick and vaseline like), but that was years ago, I stumbled upon the O'keeffe's when I was in the Northwest at a ranch/farm supply store about 12 yrs ago the jar it comes in is not that fancy but it does the trick

LOL years ago I used vaseline at bedtime with gloves on
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, the unreasonable man adapts the world to himself, therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." "Shaw"

I use Clarins or Biotherm's handcream, they immediatly melts into the skin, and I can work with my hands direct after aplication. During winter I put the handcream on several times during the day, every time I get a dry feeling. If I am really dry on my hands during winter, I use Clarins footcreme on my hands during night.

Don't laugh at the gloves during night! They can make miracle, even if the miracle don't last so long! The oldest part of me are my hands, so they are worth taking care of!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.