Code of Conduct
Perfume Bottle Collecting Sponsors

Default Chanel Bois Noir

Hey there.

I'm new to this forum, but it seems like an really interesting place.

Anyway.
    I've found these two bottles of Chanel Bois Noir in my fathers basement. He told me that his ex-wife has worked in the Chanel marketing department back when this perfume came out.
    As you can see, one is 250 ml and still in that cellophane foil, the other bottle has been used by my father a bit. (I smelled it, really nice!)
    I did not really find anything about it so i'd like to ask you if you know anything about it.

Here are some pictures i have taken - the resolution is too high to attach them here so i have made a Imgur Bois Noir album. (Will post link as soon as i can)
    Thanks in advance!

Chanel Bois Noir 1 Klein.jpg
    Chanel Bois Noir 2 Klein.jpg
    Chanel Bois Noir 3 Klein.jpg
    Chanel Bois Noir 4 Klein.jpg
    Chanel Bois Noir 5 Klein.jpg
    Chanel Bois Noir 6 Klein.jpg
    Last edited by Diamond2014; 2nd November 2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Attached the pictures

Default Re: Chanel Bois Noir

Hello Diamond. While I've never had the pleasure, quite a few would probably say that you struck pure gold; congrats! I suggest using the search function - go to the top of this page where the little magnifying glass is located and enter 'bois noir'.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Wow... that really is valuable. Egoïste before Egoiste (I have never smelled it but some claim it resembles Egoiste cologne concentrée), supposedly richer. This would probably fetch a pretty penny on ebay, due to its rarity and cult status.

Fortunate find for a fragrant fan.
    for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

You might just consider wearing it. It sounds lovely. A nice memory of your father who must have had very good taste.

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies!
    I am pretty unfamiliar with hte price of those, and my father told me he' like to sell the fragrances (he says he does not like the kind of fragrance, as he is using another one) so he'd like to sell those;
    How much do you think i could get for these?
    or how much have these gone for in the past
    Last edited by Diamond2014; 2nd November 2014 at 03:03 PM.

As others were saying, this one is very rare. The usual way would be to check on ebay for how much such bottles have sold in the past. But I don't think that there are many, at least, I haven't seen them. Rare Chanels can easily go for a few hundred dollars, plus this one is big, so I'd be surprised if it fetched less than $300 for the full bottle, and possibly more. I'd start by asking $500. As usual, for things with a small market, there is more uncertainty, and it may also take a long time to sell the bottles, for the same reason.

Meanwhile, as you have done so far, keep the bottle away from light, in a dark and cool place.

cacio

The rare predecessor to Egoiste. Have heard that is very similar Egoiste, especially the concentree version.

I would be interested, if for sale PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond2014 View Post
    Hey there.

I'm new to this forum, but it seems like an really interesting place.

Anyway.
    I've found these two bottles of Chanel Bois Noir in my fathers basement. He told me that his ex-wife has worked in the Chanel marketing department back when this perfume came out.
    As you can see, one is 250 ml and still in that cellophane foil, the other bottle has been used by my father a bit. (I smelled it, really nice!)
    I did not really find anything about it so i'd like to ask you if you know anything about it.

Here are some pictures i have taken

Great photos. Also consider myself lucky to be an owner of a 100ml bottle of this rare treasure!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

This is really amazing!
    BOIS NOIR by Chanel, in the past I had one of these, I wish I had saved this gem even if it was just the bottle to stand out in my collection.
    Recently one of these reached a very high price on ebay and it looks like it was bought by a fellow basenoter ...

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/308...rts-at-849-USD
    MDCLX Current Top XX:
    01 - Bel Ami (Vintage)
    02 - Davidof (1984)
    03 - Revillon PH
    04 - Paco Rabanne PH (Vintage)
    05 - Giorgio V.I.P.
    06 - Salvador Dali PH
    07 - Equipage (Vintage)
    08 - Zino Davidoff (Vintage)
    09 - Gucci PH (1976)
    10 - Gucci Nobile
    11 - Ungaro III (Vintage)
    12 - Francesco Smalto PH
    13 - Monsieur Givenchy (Vintage)
    14 - Givenchy Gentleman (Vintage)
    15 - Balenciaga PH
    16 - Lapidus PH
    17 - Kouros (Vintage)
    18 - Gucci PH (2003)
    19 - Kouros Fraicheur
    20 - Shiseido Basala

Hi there,
    Just read and saw the pictures of your Bois Noir.I never thought I would see a bottle as I heard and read it's out of the system so seeing yours is a pleasure.
    I was wondering if you still have the bottles or sold or selling them .It would be nice to for me to smell it and compare how it fares against the other bottles I have of Egoiste

I take it you are in Germany.I am in England and more regular on Fragrantica than here.Thanks

Banned

This is great! Chanel Bois Noir is amazing!