Code of Conduct

Default Italian Cypress vs. Bois Marocoan

Have sampled both of these in the past 24 hours, and have mixed feelings about them. Italian Cypress is a terrific pine and cypress scent, almost a perfect paradigm of the whole Polo Green formula. However, there is something synthetic and oddly toothpasty lurking deep within it. Bois Marocoan, meanwhile, is likely the most realistic pine scent I've ever smelled. It's sticky, sappy, brown, and fresh, and an incredibly evocative fragrance. However it's also a short-lasting, slightly tart body-scent. 150 bucks for 1.7 oz. seems like a lot to pay for either of these, but I could use something genuinely forresty for my collection.

Which of these two do you guys prefer? Anyone have both and find themselves wearing one over the other?
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Default Re: Italian Cypress vs. Bois Marocoan

I own both and find Bois Marocoan severly lacking in the longevity dept on my skin
    Cypress is brighter in my opinion.

I have them both and find I get more out of IC. I like BM but it seems to be lacking something. IC is more of an "in your face" fragrance that breeds confidence. The pine and cypress is harsh in a good way. I am going to revisit BM tomorrow and see really pay attention how it developes.

Have you tried Green Jeans, and if so, how do you compare it to these two?

The cinnamon drydown on Italian Cypress was terrific. I woke up with it this morning to it
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Italian Cypress for sure. i did not like Bois at all. very weak, unoriginal and no depth as everyone stated here.

Bois.
    All the bois-es are great.
    Cypress is somehow predictable (which Ive also found with the Wonderwood too).

Bois Rouge I'd still like to try. I'll have to order it independent of the set though, as the set that pops up on eBay (which is terrific value, by the way) does not include it in its 10.

Sur la Plage

Italian Cyprus, without a doubt.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Italian Cypress for sure. i did not like Bois at all. very weak, unoriginal and no depth as everyone stated here.
    Ditto, word for word. BM was the fastest I've ever gotten rid of a fragrance - very disappointed with it.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Ditto, word for word. BM was the fastest I've ever gotten rid of a fragrance - very disappointed with it.
    I just wish the sillage/longevity were better. The smell is very "real" and very alluring, it's just hard to smell unless you've got your nose pressed against your wrist. Seems like a great one to fall asleep to with the S.O. pressed against your chest.