Code of Conduct

Default Jovan White Musk vs. Avatar

There is something about this time of year when all the gift sets come out and there seems to be "drugstore" fragrances everywhere that makes me pick up one of these "drugstore" type fragrances. Last year my purchase was OS Signature this year I think I'm gonna with either Jovan White Musk (available at all the K-Marts in my area) or Avatar (available at Wal-Greens in my area) just needing help deciding which one.

Default Re: Jovan White Musk vs. Avatar

I love Jovan White Musk (for Men). I have a large bottle that I got online. The stores around here do not carry it anymore. I first discovered it in 1995. I went through the whole bottle in a few months. After that, I couldn't find it, 'til last spring when i found it on the net. You can't go wrong with JWM. It's very clean and never overpowering.

I've never sampled Avatar.

Blog Entries

I agree that Jovan White Musk is a good scent, however it has a sweet/peachy/floral aroma that can be off-putting. I have not smelled Avatar, either.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

When Avatar first came out, I bought a bottle for $10 and I got a shocking number of compliments. Of course the market has been saturated 10 fold since then, plus that was maybe 10-15 years ago and tastes change, so maybe it wouldn't be as impressive as it was back then.

I have never tried the White Musk, but Avatar is one of my all time favorites. My first exposer to it was on one of those full page magazine adds with the flap that flips open in Playboy. I like Avatar way better than anything else like it, and I can easily pick it out of a crowd, but I don't smell it much anymore, and I can never find it here anymore. I would go with Avatar for sure.

If you want a more-expensive-smelling Avatar, try Perry Ellis Platinum.

I can't believe it but I was recently able to try both. A buddy of mine had a bottle of Avatar and the K-mart that sells the white musk had it in the aftershave/cologne splash-on version. I was only able to smell the white musk out of the top of the bottle but what little vibe I got from it was Le Male-like. I would think this would be a lighter version of Le Male on skin. The Avatar I sprayed a little and it was very familiar. I'd put it in the category somewhere with Cool Water, Curve, Fierce, Platinum Egoiste and those type of fragrances.