Code of Conduct

Thread: Knock offs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Knock offs

I am not ashamed to admit that I use knock offs(sometimes). I am a normal guy on a budget, and I am not spending more than $30 for a cologne(thank God for Marshalls), but I love to smell good, and I love good fragrances. I know that knock offs are not quite as good as the real deals, but there isn't enough of a difference for me to justify spending the extra money. I have never heard of some of these colognes that some of you guys talk about a lot, and am now learning about them(and wishing I could try them all).

It seems a lot of people go to a lot of trouble to try to counterfeit super expensive colognes made by Creed, and maybe others, but Creed is the only one I can think of. It seems they do a pretty good job at it since they fool people even after they get the bottle and smell the frag inside. So that makes me wonder if anybody actually sells a knock off instead of trying to cheat people. Does anyone know?

Default Re: Knock offs

AJ Wright (the store) sells tons of knockoffs/imitations, usually $4 for a 3.4 oz bottle.

After trying a few, I must say I prefer to pay extra $ for the original. The knockoffs usually have one or more of the following problems: terrible longevity/projection, cheap smelling, drydown becomes very different, overly synthetic.

Wal-Mart have some nice knock-offs made by Belcam.

You can also order online:

http://www.belcamshop.com/

http://www.belcamshop.com/collections/fragrance-mens
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to look into this AJ Wright store thanks for that. I have used mainly Classic Match, and have found them to be extremely close to the real thing. The main difference I have detected is the dry down on the originals is slightly better, and more complicated, but everything else was equal. I have also used the Designer Imposters body sprays that copy real good scents like Acqua Di Gio, Armani Code, and several others. I find those to be a very quality products that smell awesome, and 100X better than Axe, Tag, or anything else like that. They are good for everyday use.

Does anyone know Creed knock offs?

Post Thanks / Like

cuba las vegas = hugo boss #6

Instead of spending several dollars for a frag that is probably going to be really bad in one way or another, you can buy good "cheapos" from a site like scentedmonkey, where there is free shipping right now. For example, 5 ounces of the original Perry Ellis for men for around $17 total.

I recently purchased a fake bottle of "by man". I know what you mean, even though i was pissed at first for purchasing it, it quickly became my best smelling stuff and most complimented. weird.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have plenty of cheaper scents already, and I really wanted to see if any of the super expensive high class scents(like Creed) had knock offs that I could afford. That is a good deal for Perry Ellis though, I might have to look into that. Thanks for showing me that web site.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my view:

Ideally, there's a reason why people pay more money for something. Now it's true that when I buy a painting I'm not really paying for the paint, nor even the picture, I mean wouldn't a poster be as good? but perfumery is a little different. One of the ways where I find the more expensive fragrances really shine is that they often have much better longevity and/or sillage (but not always), and more importantly they're carefully created to properly express a purpose, they develop and evolve and tell a story. I think knock off's get the general idea but they're really just not comparable, and not to be rude but by your own admission you're very new to this and it seems to all smell the same. It's like buying a Hyundai and saying it's really pretty much a Ferrari. Well, maybe they've got some similarities, and you can't really criticize someone who would buy a Hyundai for not buying the Ferrari, but let's not pretend they're the same thing. It's the general idea, but there's a reason you pay what you do for Ferrari, even if some of it is BS.

all that being said, my recommendation is to avoid clear knock-off's, in the sense of it being a FAKE version of a real thing (counterfeit) and instead focus on either budget versions of something still made by a reputable company, or rather, and what I really recommend is buying inexpensive but good quality frags.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I am not a perfume snob.

I own some very luxe Guerlains yet also some of the Belcams, particularly the Euphoria Femme knockoff and the Calvin Klein One Summer (I think this is the 2004 version). I wear what I think smells nice. I don't care if it's $8.00 a bottle or $200.

The quality of knockoffs vary, but I think Belcam and Designer Imposters make some nice ones.

You can save lots of money buying online from reputable e-tailers and even some discounters on Amazon. The Amazon Marketplace backs up its e-tailer with a guarantee.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same as you Primrose. The whole reason I started this thread is because I don't understand paying $200 for a frag. How good does something that expensive have to smell to be worth it? Is it the name? Is it the smell? What is it? I want to smell it! If people can copy cat this stuff, and rip people off you would think they could rename it, and call it blah blah blah our verison of Creed Green Irish Tweed, and make an honest living selling it to people like me. Seriously though does anyone make knock offs of Creed frags?

Master Claster I understand what you are saying, and I can respect your opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

hhmmm, I suggest you read around the forum a little more...

1. Learn more about this stuff and you'll understand why people pay $200 for a bottle. There are compelling reasons and I'm confident that if you read around you will find many discussions on exactly that point.
    Also consider that to some people, frankly the kind of people who have fragrance as a hobby, money isn't really a consideration. They want it and they can afford it. To some, that's all there is to it.

2. The kind of people who buy the real thing often know what they're buying and they would know the difference. How do I explain to someone who drives a Honda what they're NOT getting that I get in my Ferrari (I wish). It's not meant to be disrespectful, really, but there is a clear difference, and I suppose if someone can't tell then either they don't really understand the higher end version or the higher end version isn't what it expresses it is. I can tell you that in a few years of smelling, my nose has learned to recognize quality at some level. It's not usually snobbery, it's often (not always I admit) that there really is something more and people who buy say fake LVMH bags are buying for the wrong reasons. They're buying because they think it's important their bag says Loise Vuitton on it and they don't know what goes into a real one so it's all the same to them. The person who owns the real bag can spot a fake a mile away because they understand what they've paid for. Again, I'm not looking down on anyone about this stuff, I buy plenty of cheap stuff, but I don't buy counterfeits. I may buy a knock-off in the sense that it's a similar idea (copied the creativity), but not an outright fake.

3. Fake Creeds? Yes, tonnes. It's one of the most talked about topics here with all the new members. Plenty of the stuff on Ebay and in many perfume stores is fake. If the price is great, it's probably a fake.
    If you want something in the same real as GIT that costs nothing, buy some Davidoff Cool Water. It was designed by the same guy. 2 versions, one with a budget to make it right, one with a budget to dumb it down.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As mentioned on another similar thread, Alexander de Costa Nobile Royalty is a damn good knockoff of Gucci Nobile for a fraction of the price.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

The thing to remember is that in the fragrance industry price is largely a function of supply and demand, and the correlation between price and quality is not as strong as some people would have you think.

Post Thanks / Like

My Royal Water "knock off" (I'm assuming it's a knockoff, I got it for 30 bucks and it has no serial number) is better than the authentic Royal Water I sampled. It's the opening 30 minutes of Royal Water, without much of the less alluring floral drydown, for about 14 hours. I don't think I'd trade this bottle for the real thing, new and sealed.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Post Thanks / Like

If you would like to smell stuff that kind of smells like Creeds offering you have a few options. Though none really are 100% exact.

Creeds Green Irish tweed's top notes smell very close to Davidoffs Cool Water.

Original Santal smells kinda like Joop.

Original Vetiver smells close to Mugler Cologne

With Creeds I would encourage you to seek out the real thing because although these suggestions smell close they are not the same.

Happy sniffing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I understand your viewpoint. It can be tricky in these tough economic times to justify spending money on fragrance. Im comfortable with my "hobby" Ive tried knockoffs and a few have been good. For me, I usually find a scent I want and I save up for it. It is a luxury for sure, but its my "hobby" A recommendation is to use a service like the Perfumed Court. You dont have to spend a boatload. They have an extraordinary selection and you can order small amounts. Also, FragranceX and Fragrancenet have extremely good prices. Example I found Blue Sugar from Aqualina for around $20 cdn. Its a great frag. I just thought I would chime in. Cheers Rex
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

I think this is a lot like someone buying a suit for the first time.

Someone will think a Lauren by Ralph Lauren from Macy's is a good suit.

Then they find a Brook Brothers or Nordstrom and try on a suit that is not fused, and that person never goes back to Macy's.

It is a natural progression.

If all you think you can afford is a $10 knock off, my advice is save $10 each week and in two months you will have enough to buy something better than the $10 knock off. I think there will be more pride having the original over a generic copy that isn't going to be 100% the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If it smells like a crap sandwich, but sells for 200 bucks, it will get rave reviews. More money doesn't mean anything will smell better.

fountain

i'm just trying to think of genuine 'attitude' or 'swagger' in powerhouse knock-offs, or 'celestial aura' in a knockoff of le male...
    imo, perfume makers are artists rather than mere craftsmen, therefore it's hard for me to agree that even the most 'amazing' polo or a*men imitations have got any true character whatsoever. i mean, they may even smell 'nice' but they do not inspire the way the real thing does. just me two cents.
    Last edited by fountain; 13th November 2010 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolCharm View Post
    I think this is a lot like someone buying a suit for the first time.

Someone will think a Lauren by Ralph Lauren from Macy's is a good suit.

Then they find a Brook Brothers or Nordstrom and try on a suit that is not fused, and that person never goes back to Macy's.

It is a natural progression.

If all you think you can afford is a $10 knock off, my advice is save $10 each week and in two months you will have enough to buy something better than the $10 knock off. I think there will be more pride having the original over a generic copy that isn't going to be 100% the same.
    Very good analogy! Once I shopped Brooks Brothers I never looked back to the Gentleman's Warehouse -

Post Thanks / Like

Walgreens has Grey Flannel for $19.99 and that includes an after shave...I think it's better than most "knock offs"

Post Thanks / Like

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur is an inexpensive version of Chanel Pour Monsieur

I read this post and several like this a few weeks ago and decided I will try for my own opinion the knockoffs. I first ordered from Belcam the Polo Match. I sprayed liberally on my body and shirt and went to work on Monday. I work form 9-5. At 430 met an old female friend and hugged her , her immediate words were you smell good. Until 10 at night this scent was everywhere I went. My powers of discerning synthetic from natural and the other adjectives used to describe scents is no good. What I do know however is, I can smell a good scent and this quote unquote knockoff is great. To show I am not biased I have several niche Colognes in my repertoire,several oudhs and attars and the like,so I consider myself rounded. I have ordered several others also and will review them. I bought Creed Erolfa and thought it was the worst investment i had ever made in my life.

Post Thanks / Like

Belcam knockoffs are awesome. I have their Drakkar Noir, Obsession, Polo Blue, Polo and Tommy knockoffs, and all are great. The Drakkar is so good, I've wondered if Belcam somehow got the rights to the original formula, it's so true to the original version of Drakkar.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNY View Post
    Thank you Primrose and loveisintheair, I actually work with Belcam. We don't skimp out on the fragrance. We save money on the packaging and advertising, and pass that on. Usually designer and celeb fragrances are priced so high because they have fancy packaging that is very expensive to produce, or they have to pay for national advertising campaigns.

A great reason to use "knock-offs" is if you're on a budget, but also it's a great way to try something new without shelling out the full price of the original.
    Ryan, I do enjoy the Belcams for what they are. I have the CK One Summer (which is excellent!), the Euphoria for Women, the Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely, the Paris Hilton (Foxy) and the Polo for Men. I think they are ideal for teenagers or for anyone who does not want to buy the full-price item.

Knock offs are wonder to use at the beach, as well.

They are quality items. Keep up the great work!

Post Thanks / Like

I find that belcam frags are pretty much eqaul to the originals in every way, and their quality has gone up in just recently. I perfer the Designer Imposters myself though mainly for lasting power, and silliage. Aqua Di Gio, and Unforgivable are both notrious for not lasting very long, but man the Designer Imposters last all day and into the night. Another one I have found to be of high quality is Hayward Enterprises, and man they have almost everything you can think of. The problem with Hayward though is that they don't use as much alcohol so they don't have that inital blast of smell that most frags do, but they do last all day, and into the night. Like was said earlier if nothing else it's a cheap way to test out a fragrance if you feel you must have the original.

Post Thanks / Like

In the end it is probably more economical to buy 1 good fragrance instead of having to keep buying low quality knock-offs...

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    In the end it is probably more economical to buy 1 good fragrance instead of having to keep buying low quality knock-offs...
    I have found the better quality knock-offs such as Belcam and Designer Imposters from Parfums de Coeur (found at discounters like Target and Wal-mart or drug stores like Rite Aide and CVS) are unusually good quality.

Again, it depends on one's priorities. Usu. these brands make scents after very popular department store fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like

As a fan of knockoffs, I gotta warn you guys of one horrible maker of knockoffs: Dorall.

Oh my God, a few months ago I ordered six of their fragrances because they were only $4.99 a piece, and all but one of them were HORRIBLE! I bought knockoffs of Aramis, Polo, Paco Rabanne, Sander for Men, Lapidus Pour Homme, and Drakkar Noir. With the exception of the Polo, they were all awful and smelled completely flat, synthetic and cheap, with no staying power either. Also, they didn't even resemble the originals (OK, the Polo and Lapidus KO's did, sort of, but not much).

The Polo knockoff was called Mustang, and was the least vile of the bunch. Kind of a boring, watered down Polo, which I can't see the point of making.

I ended up throwing all of them in the trash.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

I've got a Mustang by Dorall which I think was made quite a while back. The paint on the bottle is peeling, for one thing. Anyway, I can't imagine it being any stronger. If it were, I don't think I could tolerate it and would have to dilute it. Glad to hear your take on the rest, so that I won't be tempted! LOL.

I think it's great if someone finds a knockoff they like, however I have never found one worth buying.

Post Thanks / Like

Shamu1 is indeed right on the $ regarding the quality of Belcam. I was astonished upon first sniffing the Drakkar Noir clone and couldn't believe it, it smelled more like the vintage version than the one currently being sold under the Guy LaRoche name. I continued experimenting with their line, thought Polo was a different animal, not as medicinal as the original, but with most of the elements. Polo Black and Blue were far closer as was their solid execution of Armani Code. Their Hugo Boss clone Nitro is really solid in the top notes but the dry-down does come off a bit cheap. Their Eternity is almost there but does have some dirty note in there that doesn't match the original. Their Obsession is quite good.

I recently acquired a dollar store version of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, and while it's nowhere near as good as my vintage PRPH, I like it better than the latest version of PRPH that I sampled at Ulta. Yes, the top notes are awful, and the drydown is a bit weak, but it smells quite good, so for the money I could easily spray 10 times per wearing and it would be strong enough yet still cost hardly anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Knockoffs can often contain toxic chemicals in them, in an effort to cut corners and save costs. I would avoid them completely. Most authentic fragrances on the market have to be skin tested and pass a pretty strict requirements by the IFRA, so they're much safer.

If you're looking for authentic fragrances that smell like Creed for cheaper, you might want to try Unforgivable by Sean John, Joop, Cool Water, Paco Rabanne XS or Mugler Cologne.

I wouldn't bother with the dollar store ripoffs or "Our Version of ________" fragrances. They smell pretty terrible to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L'Aventurier View Post
    Knockoffs can often contain toxic chemicals in them, in an effort to cut corners and save costs. I would avoid them completely. Most authentic fragrances on the market have to be skin tested and pass a pretty strict requirements by the IFRA, so they're much safer.

If you're looking for authentic fragrances that smell like Creed for cheaper, you might want to try Unforgivable by Sean John, Joop, Cool Water, Paco Rabanne XS or Mugler Cologne.

I wouldn't bother with the dollar store ripoffs or "Our Version of ________" fragrances. They smell pretty terrible to me.
    That hasn't been my experience at all with the "our version of" Belcam, and Rebel Fragrances are very good. I am pretty sure even the kncokoffs have to comply with ceratin rules just like the designer fragrances.

Since I started this thread I have sampled several Creed fragrances and I think they are great smelling, but I don't think Creed is any better than the designer fragrances. What Creeds smells like Joop, XS, and Mugler Cologne?

Post Thanks / Like

No knock offs for me but chacun à son goût!

Post Thanks / Like

I do use cheap fragrances occasionally, but whether they are knockoffs I don't know, I rather chose them for being low-cost originals, rather than the knockoffs of a certain more famous brand

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwrestle View Post
    That hasn't been my experience at all with the "our version of" Belcam, and Rebel Fragrances are very good. I am pretty sure even the kncokoffs have to comply with ceratin rules just like the designer fragrances.

Since I started this thread I have sampled several Creed fragrances and I think they are great smelling, but I don't think Creed is any better than the designer fragrances. What Creeds smells like Joop, XS, and Mugler Cologne?
    Creed Original Vetiver is close to Mugler Cologne.
    Creed Himalaya is similar to Paco Rabanne's XS.
    And Creed's Original Santal is similar to both Joop Homme and Mont Blanc Individuel.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually like the Jordache rendition of "Creed". I'm assuming they're shooting for GIT, but it doesn't smell quite like GIT (or any other Creed) IMHO. It really reminds me of a better Cool Water. Longevity is great for $1.

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy of mine is going back to the states next month and was thinking about telling him to bring me back a couple of these:

Anyone has any experience with this brand? I know these are dirt cheap fragrances that can be found at any many places in US but some reviews seemed quite positive regarding sillage and longevity.

Thanks!
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Post Thanks / Like

Enigma those fragrances are awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to add one more rationale to this list:
    Counterfeits and imitations are only made after the crowd pleasers like Gio, Polo, Armani Code etc. Therefore not only you have limited options (Creed is an exception, most niche frags don't have any imitations out there), but also they are freaking EVERYWHERE, and many people develop aversion to them - I'm starting to feel like onion smells better than Acqua di Gio, no kidding.

Nobile Royalty = Gucci Nobile (almost)

Post Thanks / Like

Enigma those fragrances are awesome.

So, which ones are the best? Thanks.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by _Enigma_ View Post
    So, which ones are the best? Thanks.
    Well thats up to your nose. Test them out for yourself. I personally would only wear the Smokin Hot(Armani Code), and the Curve knockoff they make. I can tell you I have never had a bad experience with Rebel Fragrances(pictured above), or Belcam(They make the Classic Match fragrances).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I am not a perfume snob.

I own some very luxe Guerlains yet also some of the Belcams, particularly the Euphoria Femme knockoff and the Calvin Klein One Summer (I think this is the 2004 version). I wear what I think smells nice. I don't care if it's $8.00 a bottle or $200.

The quality of knockoffs vary...
    Yes, I agree: as a matter of fact, I enjoy my Guerlains sharing space with local knock-offs being better than the present reformulated versions of the original ones.

As per the rest of the arguments....

1. Quality? I don't know about the USA, but in Argentina, knock offs are being done by labs who are being supplied by the same corporations making the originals, tweaked one way or another, but with the same origin.

2. Reformulated blends - Sometimes reformulations are so radical that the actual blend has little to do with the original. That is not the case of knock-offs: my "counterfeited" Paco Rabanne smells better than the present day one.

3. Discontinued brands - Zino was a hit locally, so it was widely copied. But the company behind it stopped distributing it locally. Fortunately for those finding it worth buying it, there are many knock offs that are FBW. Same thing happened with Montana Parfum D'Homme (Red).

4. You pay what you get - Knock offs are knock offs, but if you like one of their offers and don't mind nusances, they are worth owning. In my case, I don't look after über complexity and über sillage all the time. As a matter of fact, sometimes I feel asfixiated when trying Amouage scents (one of the Opus ended being a scrubber, seriously). Knock offs, in this way, can be a good option.

5. Assesing quality in perfume is sort or complicated, manufacturers know it and will take advantage of this. So, hefty prices don't necessarily correlate with good quality. The same is valid with low priced scents.

Conclusion: options are inmense, smell, use what you like.

As per Creed's knock offs:

Silver Mountain Water > Silver by Al Rehab (I cannot state at which extent the are exactly the same, but they smell very alike; IMHO, the both share a synthetic mess accord. Sorry if I offended someone).

Green Irish Tweed > Cool Water > whichever knock off suits you (locally, Marlowe's), there are thousands of it.

Himalaya > Paco Rabanne's XS > this is the most popular template in men's perfumery. The following share many notes in common: Chanel Allure, Ralph Lauren's Safari, Burberry Men, Brooks Brothers for Men, Ô de Lancôme pour Homme, Davidoff's Champion, Montblanc's Legacy, Lauder's Intuition for men and Moschino Forever in the top notes. So you have a myriad of original and knock offs versions to choose from if you are looking after it (IMHO, Brooks Brothers is the best of the bunch).

Vetiver > Mugler Cologne, Vetiver by Adolfo Dominguez. I found no knock offs of these.

As for what is being said in Base Notes:

Orange Spice > Kouros... sorry, I only found a knock off of kouros and it was a mess.
    Original Santal > Joop! Same as before.

Original Creed I tried without copies or smell - alike blends? Bois de Portugal.

Hypothesis: you won't fin knock offs of many scents. I have the impression it is because the original formulations resort to very expensive or very hard to get essences. That explains why you won't find knock offs of Chanel's Egöiste or Antaeus.

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting thread. After readiing this and going and trying out the different knock off's of drakkar noir i have to say Athkar noir is the best imo. Fragrance rebel was my second and classic match my third. Everyone is spot on these are really nice fragrances but I have one question. If I were to buy the athkar noir version and wore it out one day and someone stopped me to compliment me and says man you smell good what's that Drakkar noir? What is the proper response? I am not trying to be smart it is an honest question.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    ... If I were to buy the athkar noir version and wore it out one day and someone stopped me to compliment me and says man you smell good what's that Drakkar noir? What is the proper response? I am not trying to be smart it is an honest question.
    I admit using knock offs.

Still, do what you feel best: if you lie, chances are they would not be able to spot the differences, and if they do, they, or you, can blame it on the "sking chemistry" factor. If telling the truth to fragrance snobs, looking at their faces can be a real treat.

Honestly? Just have fun.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am not ashamed to admit that I use knock offs(sometimes). I am a normal guy on a budget, and I am not spending more than $30 for a cologne(thank God for Marshalls), but I love to smell good, and I love good fragrances. I know that knock offs are not quite as good as the real deals, but there isn't enough of a difference for me to justify spending the extra money. I have never heard of some of these colognes that some of you guys talk about a lot, and am now learning about them(and wishing I could try them all).

It seems a lot of people go to a lot of trouble to try to counterfeit super expensive colognes made by Creed, and maybe others, but Creed is the only one I can think of. It seems they do a pretty good job at it since they fool people even after they get the bottle and smell the frag inside. So that makes me wonder if anybody actually sells a knock off instead of trying to cheat people. Does anyone know?
    You don't have to go Creed, but you are better off buying 1 really good cologne for $50-80 than 2 okay ones for $25-40.

Also, check on eBay. A seller with 1000 refs, 99.8% of them positive has no reason to scam you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

There are some interesting Zara ones, but unfortunetely none of them smells similar to some fragrance I'd buy.

Thumbs up Re: Knock offs

I don't mind buying knock offs, even if I don't know if it smells like the original or not. As long as it smells good. If it smells bad or worse, I would discontinue using/buying it. As to buying it whether it is too expensive or not, that depends. I use my mother's card sometimes so I can't buy perfume into $ 15-$30s. But if you have a job, everything's taken care of 1st (bills, loans, needed house supplies), then buying on the expensive side is fine( 200+). It also depends on how much you buy at one time. As long as you make the perfume last. For me, I'd like to make the scent last on me rather than the perfume. I say that because I wear it just for MY enjoyment, not to be showy or make a statement. I love scents. If I get compliments, that's nice but if I don't that's ok. As long as I'm happy with the scent. If some people had allergies though or have headaches I'd either: spray less, where something lighter, not stand to close to them, or wear nothing at all around them.