Code of Conduct

Default This may sound crazy, but I simply enjoy the Scottish Fine Soaps EDT

Hello everybody,

as I was walking around the local mall yesterday, I was struck by an unexpectedly pleasant fragrance-related surprise. Long story short, the EDT from the Classic Male Grooming Range by Scottish Fine Soaps was on sale and, becoming curious, I picked up the tester and sampled a little bit. And then, I was like wow! Now, I know how I would have most likely initially reacted: non-niche, inexpensive, manufactured by a cosmetics, rather than a fragrance company etc. but still, the sheer quality of this frag surprised me pleasantly.

My first impression from the first sniff onwards was like: Givenchy Gentleman, since the patchouli, animalic and leathery drydown was pretty strong, but as I kept delving into this scent, I also discovered a citrus and even aromatic note far stronger than in Givenchy Gentleman, making me also detect some similarities with Paco Rabanne PH, Versace L'Homme and even Aramis Classic.

The only aspect which I still have to study more thoroughly is the longevity, since I have to admit that I tested this frag to recently in order to reach a verdict. But I will come back with more details as soon as I notice its development during a longer period of time.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: This may sound crazy, but I simply enjoy the Scottish Fine Soaps EDT

That sounds wonderful. I can live with less longevity as long as the fragrance smells great & has adequate projection. Any screechy synthetic notes?

Default Re: This may sound crazy, but I simply enjoy the Scottish Fine Soaps EDT

Like I said, I still have to test it a few more times, so that I get a more complex and precise impression, but no, so far I haven't picked up any screechy synthetic notes, although the patchouli-leathery drydown does come pretty close to being a bit "loud and flashy". However, what remains to be established is whether the actual strength of this drydown is something not for the faint-hearted yet still natural and classy, or simply a generic blast of too potent, overpowering synthetics (though, from my recollection, the final impression was pretty puristic and crisp, in a very exclusive soapy/barbershop manner)

Interesting report! It is always good to try things, and to have an open mind.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Any combination of Gentleman, PR Pour Homme, Versace L'Homme, and Aramis sounds great to me! Never seen this one, but hope to hear more about it...
    I wanna say something. Im gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you dont, send it right back."