Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    fountain
    Guest

    Default Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    hi guys. i just got a brand new tester of kouros, and it does not seem to be the longevity/projection monster i remember from my twink days. it seems like the update (which lacks the civet, apparently) is a weaker concoction compared to that from the early 80's. pls tell me, does it project nicely on you, and how many hours does it last, approximately?
    i can still return it and get body kouros or lolita lempicka au masculin instead, which i love but have not worn for ages. the shop i got my kouros from have been reliable, only that they do not keep testers for their customers to try, so i cannot test the bk and au masculin for longevity/sillage. any serious advice would be more than welcome. thank you.
    Last edited by fountain; 10th November 2010 at 06:54 PM.

  2. #2
    fountain
    Guest

    Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    ?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    In my experience, modern Kouros has more or less the same prescense and longevity as it used to, but it's not quite as rich and dense.

  4. #4
    fountain
    Guest

    Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    In my experience, modern Kouros has more or less the same prescense and longevity as it used to, but it's not quite as rich and dense.
    thank you very much, tott. can you tell me whether it projects well, and for how long it lasts on you pls? perhaps i can try and get used to the new formulation. you see; i had no idea...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    Kouros lasts a really long time and more or less never stops projecting. I get AT LEAST 12 hours of it.. any less is probably due to fatigue. I find that it works well on the chest.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    also I'm pretty sure I have the newest or a newer bottle (got it from Perfumania)

  7. #7

    Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    Body Kouros are fantastic, but i dont get more than 4 hours of lasting.
    Silage are weak too.

    Its me, i have a dinosaur skin.

  8. #8
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Bzios
    Posts
    82,611

    Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    I have had absolutely no longevity problems with Kouros over the years.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by fountain View Post
    thank you very much, tott. can you tell me whether it projects well, and for how long it lasts on you pls?
    You're welcome. Like I said, it appears to behave like the older stuff. You'll get good projection and sillage and it will last for many hours; easily from early morning into the night.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    I have a 100 ml tester of Kouros which I purchased within the past 2 years, and I have no projection/sillage or longevity issues whatsoever. It is a real monster of a fragrance, not at all deficient in the infamous civet note! Fantastic juice!

  11. #11
    renzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen - Belgium
    Posts
    479

    Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by fountain View Post
    hi guys. i just got a brand new tester of kouros, and it does not seem to be the longevity/projection monster i remember from my twink days. it seems like the update (which lacks the civet, apparently) is a weaker concoction compared to that from the early 80's. pls tell me, does it project nicely on you, and how many hours does it last, approximately?
    i can still return it and get body kouros or lolita lempicka au masculin instead, which i love but have not worn for ages. the shop i got my kouros from have been reliable, only that they do not keep testers for their customers to try, so i cannot test the bk and au masculin for longevity/sillage. any serious advice would be more than welcome. thank you.

    I have bought Kouros in the beginning of this year and you are right !! I read that due to new European standards, the formula has again changed... This is defenitly NOT the Kouros as it was... I ve worn it only two times since then... YSL, what are you doing with once such a great scent !!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    In my experience, modern Kouros has more or less the same prescense and longevity as it used to, but it's not quite as rich and dense.
    Maybe they changed the musks in the base of Kouros? This would explain part of the lost in richness and density...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    I hold some vintage Kouros EDT in store.Even the after shave from the same line has tremendous longevity and projection.
    I've never tried current version.What a shame if YSL changed this classic fragrance!

  14. #14
    fountain
    Guest

    Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

    thank you very much, guys.

Similar Threads

  1. Burberry London. Projection and longevity.
    By Oslo-Fjord in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 29th October 2013, 10:48 PM
  2. Spicy aquatics with serious longevity and projection
    By mitchorr in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 24th June 2010, 01:57 PM
  3. Does anyone else have longevity issues with X Rocawear?
    By MFfan310 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st April 2010, 08:45 PM
  4. Minimising projection but maximising longevity
    By jcw in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 6th December 2009, 07:31 PM
  5. Keiko Mecheri Oliban longevity and projection
    By Renaissance_Man in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th June 2009, 09:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000