Code of Conduct
    fountain

Default Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

hi guys. i just got a brand new tester of kouros, and it does not seem to be the longevity/projection monster i remember from my twink days. it seems like the update (which lacks the civet, apparently) is a weaker concoction compared to that from the early 80's. pls tell me, does it project nicely on you, and how many hours does it last, approximately?
    i can still return it and get body kouros or lolita lempicka au masculin instead, which i love but have not worn for ages. the shop i got my kouros from have been reliable, only that they do not keep testers for their customers to try, so i cannot test the bk and au masculin for longevity/sillage. any serious advice would be more than welcome. thank you.
    Last edited by fountain; 10th November 2010 at 06:54 PM.

fountain

Default Re: Kouros: Longevity & Projection issues?

?

In my experience, modern Kouros has more or less the same prescense and longevity as it used to, but it's not quite as rich and dense.

fountain

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    In my experience, modern Kouros has more or less the same prescense and longevity as it used to, but it's not quite as rich and dense.
    thank you very much, tott. can you tell me whether it projects well, and for how long it lasts on you pls? perhaps i can try and get used to the new formulation. you see; i had no idea...

Kouros lasts a really long time and more or less never stops projecting. I get AT LEAST 12 hours of it.. any less is probably due to fatigue. I find that it works well on the chest.

also I'm pretty sure I have the newest or a newer bottle (got it from Perfumania)

Body Kouros are fantastic, but i dont get more than 4 hours of lasting.
    Silage are weak too.

Its me, i have a dinosaur skin.

I have had absolutely no longevity problems with Kouros over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by fountain View Post
    thank you very much, tott. can you tell me whether it projects well, and for how long it lasts on you pls?
    You're welcome. Like I said, it appears to behave like the older stuff. You'll get good projection and sillage and it will last for many hours; easily from early morning into the night.

I have a 100 ml tester of Kouros which I purchased within the past 2 years, and I have no projection/sillage or longevity issues whatsoever. It is a real monster of a fragrance, not at all deficient in the infamous civet note! Fantastic juice!

Quote Originally Posted by fountain View Post
    hi guys. i just got a brand new tester of kouros, and it does not seem to be the longevity/projection monster i remember from my twink days. it seems like the update (which lacks the civet, apparently) is a weaker concoction compared to that from the early 80's. pls tell me, does it project nicely on you, and how many hours does it last, approximately?
    i can still return it and get body kouros or lolita lempicka au masculin instead, which i love but have not worn for ages. the shop i got my kouros from have been reliable, only that they do not keep testers for their customers to try, so i cannot test the bk and au masculin for longevity/sillage. any serious advice would be more than welcome. thank you.

I have bought Kouros in the beginning of this year and you are right !! I read that due to new European standards, the formula has again changed... This is defenitly NOT the Kouros as it was... I ve worn it only two times since then... YSL, what are you doing with once such a great scent !!

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    Maybe they changed the musks in the base of Kouros? This would explain part of the lost in richness and density...

I hold some vintage Kouros EDT in store.Even the after shave from the same line has tremendous longevity and projection.
    I've never tried current version.What a shame if YSL changed this classic fragrance!

fountain

thank you very much, guys.