Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: What fragrances would you like to see as the winners of The Clash of The Titans?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chanel No 5 (Feminine)

31 26.50%
  • CoCo (Feminine)

16 13.68%
  • Égoïste (Masculine)

32 27.35%
  • Antaeus (Masculine)

19 16.24%
  • Fleur de The Rose Bulgare (Feminine)

4 3.42%
  • Millesime Imperial (Unisex)

6 5.13%
  • Green Irish Tweed (Masculine)

14 11.97%
  • Bois du Portugal (Masculine)

17 14.53%
  • Shalimar (Feminine)

41 35.04%
  • Mitsouko (Feminine)

32 27.35%
  • Vetiver (Masculine)

18 15.38%
  • Habit Rouge (Masculine)

29 24.79%
  • Chergui (Unisex)

24 20.51%
  • Muscs Koublaï Khän (Unisex)

12 10.26%
  • Ambre Sultan (Unisex)

13 11.11%
  • Borneo 1834 (Unisex)

3 2.56%
  • Opium (Feminine)

14 11.97%
  • Rive Gauche (Feminine)

3 2.56%
  • M7 (Masculine)

20 17.09%
  • Kuorus (Masculine)

14 11.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default The Clash of The Titans Round 3 -Summary and final poll. PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE VOTING.

Welcome to the 3rd and final poll of The Clash of The Titans!

Here's a quick flashback of what happened in the 2nd round:

Chanel The winners among the female scents were as expected Chanel No 5 with a total percentage of 24.00 % followed by CoCo with 11.00 %. The winners among the male scents were Égoïste with a percentage of 37.00 %! Antaeus got 19.00 %.

Creed The winners of the female scents in the Creed poll was Fleur de The Rose Bulgare with 12.66 % of the votes and the unisex fragrance Millesime Imperial with 16.46 %. The winners of the male scents was Green Irish Tweed with a percentage of 31.00 %! Closely followed by Bois du Portugal 22.78 %.

Guerlain The winners of the female scents were Guerlains masterpieces Shalimar and Mitsouko. Surprising? Not at all. Shalimar got 23.08 % of the votes, Mitsouko with only 1 vote behind (22,18 %). The winners of the male scents was Vetiver with 24.04 & and Habit Rouge with 19.23 %. (Sorry for not listing Derby).

Serge Lutens The winners of the nearly exlusively unisex line was Chergui (45.65 %), Muscs Koublaï Khän (22.83 %), Ambre Sultan (20.56 %) and Borneo 1834 (15.22 %).

Yves Saint Laurent The winners of the female scents was Opium with a percentage of 38.39 % followed by Rive Gauche with 10.71 % of the votes. The winners of the male scents was M7 with 27.68 % and Kuorus with 20.54 %.

Please read the rules for the Yves Saint Laurent poll carefully before you vote:

In this poll you have the chance to vote for four fragrances. You’re NOT allowed to choose four fragrances with the same gender label. The reason why, is that a winner will be elected from both “gender sections” and we all want this contest to be a fair one right?
    • You can only vote for four alternatives. Men must choose two masculine perfumes+two perfumes marked as feminine. Women must choose two feminine perfumes+ two perfumes marked as masculine.
    • TAKE NOTE: Unisex fragrances will count as men’s fragrance if you’re a man and a women’s fragrance if you’re a woman. That is why you have to choose a scent that is labeled for the opposite sex. If two of your absolute favorites are Chergui and Millesime Imperial (Unisex) it will count as men's fragrances if you’re a man and women’s fragrances if you’re a woman, simply because unisex fragrances naturally can be worn by both genders. It’s as simple as that.

I know that many perfumes among these 20 is considered as unisex, but just to make it easy I’ve decided to keep the regular labels and not change anything.

I hope it wasn’t too difficult to understand. Let’s make this a fair contest by following the rules and lay your vote on only four alternatives, one feminine and one masculine. I know that I can trust ya’ll.

Two fragrances will be winners (one masculine, one feminine). The poll will be open for 8 days. Let’s go!
    Last edited by Siifter; 3rd November 2010 at 02:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Clash of The Titans Round 3 -Summary and final poll. PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE VOTING.

Um, where do l vote, please?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default Re: The Clash of The Titans Round 3 -Summary and final poll. PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE VOTING.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Um, where do l vote, please?
    Fixed.

Blog Entries

Thanks!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

CoCo, Opium, Egoiste and Antaeus.

No. 5, Mitsouko, & Borneo 1834

Coco, Egoiste, Chergui, Mitsouko

I am out of this one I have smelled a grand total of 3 of those and only own one ( Habit Rouge ) wow I feel so left out !
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Whao... didn't realize that No. 5 has such a following here. I thought that the vintage Guerlains were discussed more than No. 5. In fact, I only remember people talking about Eau Premier.

Vote!

No 5, Opium, BDP, Antaeus

Keep voting.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

This is the coolest voting we've ever had, Siifter, thank you!

Égoïste; Antaeus; N°5; Shalimar

Opium, Rive Gauche, Green Irish Tweed and Bois du Portugal.

Ps: Why you always type Kuorus, instead of Kouros?

Shalimar, Mitsouko, Egoïste, Dior Homme

(just kidding for that last one. Ambre Sultan!)

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Ps: Why you always type Kuorus, instead of Kouros?
    The 7nd of the 10 commandments of fragrances says:

Thou shall type Kuorus instead of Kouros, just because it will annoy people.

not voting for chanel!

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    not voting for chanel!
    HAHA! OH NO! Remixx is boycotting Chanel! Something has to be done! Quick! The exciting part of a poll is that there are different alternatives and that people have different taste. In case you didnt know.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Coco, Mitsouko, Chergui, Bois du Portugal.

(Updated)

Shalimar, Opium, MKK and Habit Rouge get my votes.

I voted MKK, Égoïste, Mitsouko, and Opium.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Shalimar, Mitsouko, Ambre Sultan, Egoiste.

No. 5, Shalimar, Egoiste, Habit Rouge.

Blog Entries

Shalimar (), no. 5 ( - love EP more, but here's to mama), Koorose (), and GIT ()

(Updated)

3 days before poll will close.

(Updated)

1 day before poll will close!

I wonder how this poll would end if the current standings were not displayed. Even more interesting would be a double-blind study in real life. I know of some nice tests with so called vine experts who rated the 3$ bottle as excellent. Ok, I understand this poll is just fun.

Er, wait, Rive Gauche 2.86%? Are you talking about the Tom Ford version of Rive Gauche? Then the result would make sense. The original 70's RG is a masterpiece.
    Last edited by frerejacques; 10th November 2010 at 11:33 AM.

Shalimar and Ambre Sultan, none of the rest is worthy of a vote IMHO.
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by frerejacques View Post

Er, wait, Rive Gauche 2.86%? Are you talking about the Tom Ford version of Rive Gauche? Then the result would make sense. The original 70's RG is a masterpiece.
    No, Rive Gauche by YSL.

Rive Gauche was reformulated for YSL by Tom Ford in 2003. So is this poll's RG about the 70s version or the 2003 version? That's a huge difference.

Rive Gauche was reformulated for YSL by Tom Ford in 2003. So is this poll's RG about the 70s version or the 2003 version? That's a huge difference.
    If you own the vintage version it is about that one. If you own the reformulated RG its about that one.

So this is more about popularity. It's supposed one owns the fragrance because one likes it, right? So if you have purchased it, it's very likely you think it's great, isn't it. The more popular the fragrance the more votes it will get. But what about the few hundred other scents I never owned?

So this is more about popularity. It's supposed one owns the fragrance because one likes it, right? So if you have purchased it, it's very likely you think it's great, isn't it. The more popular the fragrance the more votes it will get. But what about the few hundred other scents I never owned?
    Listen newbie. We've had several other polls before this final poll. From scratch we voted for 5 among 20 houses. The 5 houses that advanced to round 2 were divided into individual polls where there were 20 fragrance/house. The 4 fragrances from the different house polls from that round that got the most votes advanced to this final poll. And natural the fragrances that gets most votes are those who are liked by many. You know... I couldnt bring thousands of fragrances. It would've taken us years to go though that. And afterall Chanel, YSL, Guerlain, Creed and Serge Lutens are the houses that stands tall against others. So... If you wanna vote then vote. If you're not satisfied with the fragrances that have been elected by the Basenotes members then you can forget this poll. Capish? Thank you.

I hope you didn’t intend that to sound so rude. I've read what's written above and how you came to this "final round". I didn't say you're ignorant or such like and I also said well, this must be fun then. Actually you can do this with as many rounds as you want cause it's just a statistical thing if you ask me. To be honest you can make the rules as clever as you want, and even more complicated. It doesn't make a difference to the fact that it's popularity driven first place. I just thought the largest community about that stuff really makes polls this way. Really what's the problem with not publishing any result before the poll ends? This would have been a good start. And you would have even more fun believe me. Seems you take this serious and you want to have fun the same time.

I hope you didn’t intend that to sound so rude. I've read what's written above and how you came to this "final round". I didn't say you're ignorant or such like and I also said well, this must be fun then. Actually you can do this with as many rounds as you want cause it's just a statistical thing if you ask me. To be honest you can make the rules as clever as you want, and even more complicated. It doesn't make a difference to the fact that it's popularity driven first place. I just thought the largest community about that stuff really makes polls this way. Really what's the problem with not publishing any result before the poll ends? This would have been a good start. And you would have even more fun believe me. Seems you take this serious and you want to have fun the same time.
    You know what? People on these boards have liked this idea so I dont care about your thoughts. You've wasted 4 posts. Write something invigorating instead.

No, you've wasted replies since you couldn't convince me the slightest by revealing some insightful views and plausible reasons against my suggestion. Something tells me you've never thought about the problems of such a "final result". Let sleeping dogs lie. While in bed tonight, when relaxing from this obviously exhausting job think about a simple poll listing every single fragrance from all your rounds and its most probable result. I doubt you want to read something invigorating but two little words. Good bye.

No, you've wasted replies since you couldn't convince me the slightest by revealing some insightful views and plausible reasons against my suggestion. Something tells me you've never thought about the problems of such a "final result". Let sleeping dogs lie. While in bed tonight, when relaxing from this obviously exhausting job think about a simple poll listing every single fragrance from all your rounds and its most probable result. I doubt you want to read something invigorating but two little words. Good bye.
    Ouch! Im hit! Im hit by a douche! Have you noticed that you've spent 5 posts on questioning something that dont need to be questioned. I dont need to convince anybody. Noone have noticed these "problems" you're talking about. Noone has mentioned any problems. You know why? Because they D-O-N-T C-A-R-E to search for minor problems. This series of threads was funny... Then you came along. So please. Step aside and let this forum be a nice place to visit. You're right! That was invigorating! While in bed tonight, when relaxing from this obviously exhausting job think about how to formulate smart ass comments. But when you have come up with some smart ass comments, then please, dont use them here. Ok?
    Last edited by Siifter; 10th November 2010 at 08:51 PM.

Only a few hours left before poll will close.

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post
    Ouch! Im hit! Im hit by a douche! Have you noticed that you've spent 5 posts on questioning something that dont need to be questioned. I dont need to convince anybody. Noone have noticed these "problems" you're talking about. Noone has mentioned any problems. You know why? Because they D-O-N-T C-A-R-E to search for minor problems. This series of threads was funny... Then you came along. So please. Step aside and let this forum be a nice place to visit. You're right! That was invigorating! While in bed tonight, when relaxing from this obviously exhausting job think about how to formulate smart ass comments. But when you have come up with some smart ass comments, then please, dont use them here. Ok?
    Siifter, ease up. That is not how we should treat new members here. Come to think of it, you are a "newbie" member yourself. Just because you have peppered the board with 50 posts a day (most of which are bumps for threads you started) doesn't give you the right to be an ass to anyone with a smaller post count. I think we are all in agreement that what you have put together here is a great idea and has been a great contribution to our forum. With that said, you should be proud/confident in what you have created. Please welcome any type of questions/feedback and treat such in-queries respectfully.

DeepSilence

Coco, Ambre Sultan, M7, Kouros

Quote Originally Posted by Captcrunch View Post
    ...you should be proud/confident in what you have created. Please welcome any type of questions/feedback and treat such in-queries respectfully.
    Very well said. In my journey through life I have found that people who are unable to deal with healthy criticism and/or inquiries are usually very insecure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captcrunch View Post
    Siifter, ease up. That is not how we should treat new members here. Come to think of it, you are a "newbie" member yourself. Just because you have peppered the board with 50 posts a day (most of which are bumps for threads you started) doesn't give you the right to be an ass to anyone with a smaller post count. I think we are all in agreement that what you have put together here is a great idea and has been a great contribution to our forum. With that said, you should be proud/confident in what you have created. Please welcome any type of questions/feedback and treat such in-queries respectfully.
    Well said indeed! Siifter you have come up with some good ideas, please don't spoil it by being rude & unfriendly. lf you treat others with respect they will be more likely to contribute to your threads in a positive way. Remember we are all here to express our opinions, & to listen to others!