Code of Conduct

Default MOSCHINO: Uomo and Friends

Here is another extended review. This time because I believe this house does NOT get enough love. My first encounter with Moschino was the delicious unisex jus Friends. It is a sweet lemon lime summer casual sunshine frag. It is quite similar to Banana Republic Classic and some others. It is beautiful, it is italian and it is very friendly, pun intended. Which all made me curious about the rest of the Moschino line. I found Uomo, to which Friends is a flanker. I traded for it with fellow basenoter, Surfacing (thanx dude!).

Uomo. Took a while. Sweet, but not cloying. Familiar, but slippery. What does it smell like? I could not place it for a few days. It reminded me of a more natural and well balanced FCUK Him. Then it hit me: its lavender! This is lavender done right. I compared it side by side with Le Male, a 'dirty' lavender. This is clean, nice, attractive, and it does throw that question mark, cause passer-bys to ask 'what is that'? I wear it for those days when I want to reach out and touch someone but ninja style.

Friends. There is more to Friends than citrus. The first blast will lead you to an orange grove and leave you there unless you decide you want more. Some have compared it to Secretions Magnifique (holy grail alert), to which I will say 'yes, but'. A Ferrari as a daily driver is ridiculous. An Alfa Romeo on the other hand, very do-able. Friends is the Alfa here. Unless you have a nose for notes, you will not notice the sperm/blood connection Jenson mentions in his review, and GBlue's review is exact: friends is a salty metallic citrus. Genius if you ask me. And beautiful too.

I mentioned it is unisex, but only for those women who venture into the eau de cologne offerings. It is very similar to DKNY Perfume in the long angular cylindrical bottle, except it does not overdose you on the metallic.

Are the two brothers Uomo and Friends related beyond the bottles? Strangely, yes: they are virtually the same frag in concept, except Friends is for summer, Uomo is for tuxes. Both are incredibly bang on Italian jus worth checking out. I love Friends so much I wear it year round.

Attachment 8016
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: MOSCHINO: Uomo and Friends

Glad you extensively described and reviewed these two- I love Uomo and consider trying Friends pretty soon, also, it is still a mystery to me why Uomo is so underrated

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for such a well written review and thread Andrew. I don't get to see that on Basenotes too often, so I certainly appreciate it. Oh, and you're welcome for the Uomo
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Uomo is like an "amped up" version of Canali or Euphoria Men to me. Others in this group are Trussardi Inside Man, Azzaro's Onyx or Silver/Black, and perhaps Ignition. Uomo was too much for me. I haven't tried Friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewthecologneguy View Post
    Uomo. What does it smell like? I could not place it for a few days. It reminded me of a more natural and well balanced FCUK Him. Then it hit me: its lavender! This is lavender done right.
    An interesting statement considering the fact that Uomo? Moschino does not contain any lavender at all. (Check the notes in the Fragrance Directory.)

Post Thanks / Like

Friends is one of the the best citrus fragrances I own, not to mention underrated and seldom talked about.

Note breakdown of Friends Men from the back of my monster 4.2 oz tester---

Top-
    Calabrian bergamot, green mandarin, blood orange

Heart-
    Paraguay petitgrain, Bourbon Geranium, Sea breeze puff

Base-
    Cedarwood, Haitian vetiver root, Musk

Post Thanks / Like

Uomo and Chanel allure edition blanche have the same vibe, but CAEB is more creamy and a bit gourmand.

Thanks for the acknowledgement guys, makes me feel like the time and effort is appreciated and I appreciate you guys in turn. Good to know I am not alone in this fragrance addiction, just can't help myself sometimes

Ken, like you, I don't know why Uomo and Friends receive little attention. I have had to search my wardrobe for beautiful fragrances because the stuff being released today is just not right.

Surfacing, anytime dude; we should swap some more

Bigsly, you won't be dissapointed with Friends, its good stuff.

NYCBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoy View Post
    An interesting statement considering the fact that Uomo? Moschino does not contain any lavender at all. (Check the notes in the Fragrance Directory.)
    Its hard to trust any one particular notes listing. Basenotes is really good at providing notes but I find it is sometimes not complete. See these 2 websites' notes listing for Uomo:

http://www.perfume.com/moschino/uomo...no/men-cologne
    http://www.myperfumesource.com/MMOSCHINOUOMOPAGE.htm

So I just go by what my nose tells me

Zgb, I have never made the connection between the Moschino and Chanel Allure EB...I will do a comparison when I get the chance.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the wonderful reviews! and yes, these are indeed underrated.

do you notice a semen like accord ala secretions magnifiques in freinds?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewthecologneguy View Post
    NYCBoy

Its hard to trust any one particular notes listing. Basenotes is really good at providing notes but I find it is sometimes not complete. See these 2 websites' notes listing for Uomo:

http://www.perfume.com/moschino/uomo...no/men-cologne
    http://www.myperfumesource.com/MMOSCHINOUOMOPAGE.htm

So I just go by what my nose tells me
    Lavender is not included in the notes from either of those two references either. Apparently, your nose is experiencing an olfactory illusion. Uomo? is one of my all-time favorites and I wear it often, but I have never perceived lavender in it.