Code of Conduct

Cool Krizia Moods Uomo : Your thoughts would be appreciated :)

Hey everyone,

So it seems this retro scent fad "thing" I was going through is no longer a fad. I'm somehow very interested in these fragrances made before my time. Which is totally fine, except many are hard or just not possible at all to test out at shops. Some are, most aren't

I've come across the name Krizia a couple of times in the past. Most notably, Turin & Sanchez refer this house to being the Italian Yves Saint Laurant. Well, Krizia sure has not released as many scents as YSL. And certainly not as many mens scents ( 4 are in directory, but there is 5 I believe in total).

Anyways, back on topic. The one scent that seems to have caught my interest from Krizia is Moods Uomo. The reviews make this seem like something I will like or can grow to like. The forum threads ? There is not a single thread dedicated to Moods Uomo ( unless I am blind or don't know how to use the search function correctly).

There are 10 reviews in the directory, but I would like to read more opinions. And more updated thoughts as well.

Your posts are appreciated Thanks !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

AromiErotici

Default Re: Krizia Moods Uomo : Your thoughts would be appreciated :)

Krizia Moods Uomo
    Moods Uomo is yet another underrated Woody Chypre from 1989. Do you like tobacco accords? If your answer is yes, you may want to sample this.

Aldehydes and citrus with coriander and lavender open this scent. The tobacco is noticeable immediately and following it is a spicy floral accord with an adept use of rose. The base is a combination of oriental and chypre that uses a leathery cedar to build upon.

Moods Uomo doesn't evolve much on me, but it really doesn't have to. This is woody tobacco with hints of florals here and there and a scent that has seemed to escaped the tobacco lovers. This is a very good discontinued scent that can still be found relatively cheap.

Aldehyde, Bergamot oil, Cardamon, Coriander, Lavender, Lemon,

Carnation, Geranium, Ginger, Jasmin, Lily of the Valley, Pimento, Rose,

Amber, Cedar, Leather, Musk, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Tonka, Vanilla,

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Krizia Moods Uomo
    Moods Uomo is yet another underrated Woody Chypre from 1989. Do you like tobacco accords? If your answer is yes, you may want to sample this....
    Thanks for the well written reply AE. I sometimes like Tobacco. Not always, as I find tobacco to be quite tricky in scents. Montana Parfum d'Homme is a tobacco scent I do not care for. I think that may have been released the same year, actually. The rose sounds interesting. Ditto for the patchouli, which I like in small doses or to be just part of the fragrance.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I place this with the woody/amber/patchouli type frags, perhaps starting with Zino. This one is more "compact" than most of this type. It is very nicely balanced. Some might think it somewhat boring because of this, but I tend to appreciate the balanced frags. It's much more wearable than Zino. I have both, however, and which I chose depends on my moods. LOL.

I once owned a vintage bottle of Moods Uomo and I always smelled more oakmoss and patchouli than any other notes or accords. It smelled very woody and earthy on me. Recommended for fans of scents from the Pre-Aquatic period.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Sloan View Post
    Recommended for fans of scents from the Pre-Aquatic period.
    Ahhh - the good old days....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

If you like frags like Fendi Uomo and Dior's Fahrenheit, you will love Moods Uomo, as it is in the same vein as the two mentioned earlier.

Mood's Uomo is an absolutely stunning release from this house.. herbal top with a sweet sandalwoody drydown. it's drydown is one of the best out there imho..

i dont care much for uomo.

Never cared for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloan View Post
    I once owned a vintage bottle of Moods Uomo and I always smelled more oakmoss and patchouli than any other notes or accords. It smelled very woody and earthy on me. Recommended for fans of scents from the Pre-Aquatic period.
    I am not too familiar with the smell of oakmoss. I have sampled Safari, which apparently has oakmoss in the basenotes. But I'm still not familiar with it. Thank you for your reply, however, Sloan. It does certainly help. Actually, its made me more anxious about it

As far as being a fan of scents in the pre-aquatic era, I do like a few. But, I'm still new to that era of fragrance. I like Zino, Tenere, Iquitos, and Fahrenheit. I don't like Antaeus and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Ahhh - the good old days....
    LOL, petruccijic....don't ever change

Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post
    If you like frags like Fendi Uomo and Dior's Fahrenheit, you will love Moods Uomo, as it is in the same vein as the two mentioned earlier.
    Same vein...hmmm. I do like the Dior. I never tried the Fendi, but will read up on some reviews now. Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Mood's Uomo is an absolutely stunning release from this house.. herbal top with a sweet sandalwoody drydown. it's drydown is one of the best out there imho..

i dont care much for uomo.
    Sounds like you still approve of this Krizia release, Jenson. Your review seemed very postive as well.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I bought a bottle of this together with some other of those good old days fragrances (Fendi Uomo, Balenciaga Ho Hang, Cerutti Uomo) and it is my favourite. It is quite interesting how all of us perceive it in a different way. I "see" the tobacco in it but to me this is patchouli. bergamot, lavender and patchouli, with a "round", floral heart. Sweet but cool at the same time. Excellent!
    While we are talking about Krizia, try to find Spazio. Very deviding fragrance, love it or hate it. Someone mentions dentist's office in one of the reviews I think. I wouldn't disagree, but the emphasis would be on the chemicals not eugenol in this. I find it very modern, very unusual. Love it.
    Now blogging about Christos for Men by Christopher Chronis http://wp.me/13WRd

Vintage Jacomo Eau Cendree available for sale

Moods is very good. Of the three Krizia scents I've tried (Time, Moods, Uomo), this is my favorite. Reminds me a bit of Thierry Mugler's Ice*Men with its "cool" usage of patchouli.

Moods Uomo is one of my favorite fragrances! Bravo for starting a thread on this gem.

I look at Moods as a predominantly rose and patchouli scent, with a strong tobacco tinge to it. It's one of the smoothest scents I own. I call it a "Smooth Powerscent", along with Giorgio For Men and KL Homme.

I actually slightly prefer Krizia Uomo, which is anything but smooth.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Moods is BIG on patchouli. If you like patchouli, and you are not spoiled by niche and high quality patchouli, this is a good fragrance at a reasonable price.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Very much appreciate the responses guys. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    Moods is BIG on patchouli. If you like patchouli, and you are not spoiled by niche and high quality patchouli, this is a good fragrance at a reasonable price.
    I have sampled a few niche patchouli and didn't care for them. I actually disliked most of them. They all just focused on patchouli, right from the get go. The Santa Maria Novella made me gag ! I don't buy into the niche and high quality thing. Mostly because what I have sampled does not come close to the claims and hype given.

I don't mind patchouli, but it can't just be the focus of the scent. If there are other notes surrounding it, then that helps alot.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

The patchouli note in Moods is stronger than the patchouli note used in A-Men. Therefore, if you don't like strong patchouli I wouldn't recommend Moods.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    The patchouli note in Moods is stronger than the patchouli note used in A-Men. Therefore, if you don't like strong patchouli I wouldn't recommend Moods.
    I just sampled my Givenchy Gentlman vial. Apparently, I do like strong patchouli .....sorry for the previous misleading statements from me. I will say this : Santa Maria Novella, Molinard and Aveda Patchouli all smell unpleasant to me. But I do like the smell of GG ( now). I have sampled a couple of other niche patchouli scents, I cannot remember their names at the moment, but they were not so nice to my nose. But, those were about a year ago and my tastes have changed.

With regards to the patchouli note in A*Men, I find that it is there but really blended in nicely within an accord...so it seems to go well. I just don't overall enjoy smelling like A*Men during the day. I don't like gourmands too much ( although I like Sonia Rykiel for women).

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Have you bought it? I'm also interested in this frag but haven't got the chance to try it. What are your thoughts? Is has similarities to Zino ( which I like very much) ? If it has, I''ll buy it blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    Have you bought it? I'm also interested in this frag but haven't got the chance to try it. What are your thoughts? Is has similarities to Zino ( which I like very much) ? If it has, I''ll buy it blind.
    I have ! I would like to test again, but I feel the rose is somewhat different than Zino. Zino to me has a dark rose, this one, not so dark....but still enjoyable. What somewhat stops me from wearing this is that it turns to a seemingly tough to wear woodsy leather scent. I feel that its hard to my senses. Its quite similar to Acteur, actually, to me. Somewhat in the smell, but also in the way in which it is hard for me to deal with over a day of wearing.

As far as smelling on my arm, sure, it is certainly good. But wearing on my chest is a bit of a challenge. I want to make sure that my application method is not wrong. I am dabbing. Perhaps if I spray it may behave better to me ?

By the way, I find Zino sweet and lactonic in a way. Maybe the word creamy is better than lactonic. Its nice and the accord is smooth to me ( in Zino). I would say Moods Uomo is much more dry. So sort of same genre, close in range of years released....etc. But if you like Azzaro Acteur, I think you will like Moods Uomo as well.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

There is a similar base accord, but Zino has a lot more going on.

Thanks for your reply. I've read that Moods is more close to Acteur , haven't tested either, but when I saw Bigsly saying it has similarities to Zino I was quiet sure that I'll like. Is Moods stronger than Acteur and Zino?

Ciprian ... Moods is not close to Acteur , and its similiarities to Zino are very faint ....
    I think Moods is just as strong as Zino & stronger than Acteur ..
    Read some older threads to see what Moods is similiar to ....

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Nothing like Acteur, IMO. The key base accord is patchouli, cedar, and an amber/vanilla thing, which I don't like. It's in many other frags, such as Envy for Men. However, what's "on top" of that base may be more important to you, and you might not even notice the base much (that what it was like for me as a newbie). Now I'm more interested in the base, because that lasts hours rather than minutes or tens of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Ciprian ... Moods is not close to Acteur....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Nothing like Acteur, IMO....
    Alright.....alright.....I'll try it again and report back

More HERE
    Please PM me !

A patchouli bomb without the finesse found in Givenchy Gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    A patchouli bomb without the finesse found in Givenchy Gentleman.
    agree with Pollux
    & add that it shares a passing resemblance to Giorgio BH
    & a flicker of top notes with Remy Latour's Cigar

resurrecting this thread because I'm in full wearing today, just a great scent..at work you smell a bit retro but it's a masterpiece all the same and like all great scents has been cut out!
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

A bit too much camphorous patchouli for me. I guess that note has become a problem for me. It's close to VIP for Men by Giorgio Armani, perhaps closer than to anything else I've tried.

Basenotes Plus

I love it. Period.

The composition is truly fantastic. Yes, patchouli is a key note (and somewhat camphorous - in a very good way), but one cannot disregard the incredible use of a golden/dry tobacco leaf note. It is rather amazing. The lavender and other florals (including a rose note in the heart) blend well with the spices, that include ginger, cardamom and coriander. Warm, sensual and even a dose of aldehydes in the opening. Zesty and sharp with warmth in abundance.

The dry down, on skin, will last for a long time - and this will stain your shirt! I like to wear a dark undershirt when I wear this and spray it directly (as it touches my skin and warms up), or apply it to my bare chest and let it dry before putting my shirt on. When my body heat goes up, you smell it wafting up - working in conjunction with the amber, warm musk, oakmoss (a fixative here - not really a note), smooth leather and touch of tonka bean & vanilla. It has a lot of essential oil in it with a richness that is close to 10w/30 oil! Nothing feels synthetic...outstanding quality in the ingredients. This is better than most niche quality scents I have tried, specifically patchouli scents - as it is a full and wonderful composition with great blend and harmony. Some niche patchouli bottlings seem almost one-dimensional or evolve slightly. This scent transforms dramatically over a wearing. The best ever from a house that is way overlooked.

Too classy to be purely macho, yet too macho to be purely formal. It is a paradoxical scent - I have learned it is "how" I choose to present it with my attire. Dress shirt and slacks (clean-shaven) to jeans & a t-shirt with boots (with several days of scruffy beard). Never a wearing of this scent when I didn't have a grin on my face. Stunning juice - a touch of retro, defining and even, 'erotic chic'.

Salud, Krizia!
    Last edited by ericrico; 19th March 2014 at 07:16 AM.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

I certainly wish I could still wear it and I'm hoping that someday the camphorous quality will not bother me as much, as was the case with lavender a few years ago.

I suppose I should update my feelings on Moods Uomo. Overall, not bad. But the drydown isn't all that comfortable for me to wear. The best part is the opening to me. I sorta see some parallels with Azzaro Acteur actually. But I just could live with the smell and feel of the drydown. I still think it is a quality made fragrance.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Had it, quickly sold it off. Sour apples and patchouli, was a bit blunt and rough around the edges for my tastes. It does smell a bit like Actuer (which I sold off too).
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I sorta see some parallels with Azzaro Acteur actually
    Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    It does smell a bit like Actuer
    Im looking forward to trying these two side by side one day .... cheers

Basenotes Plus

I am going to do side-by-side as well, but I have to say (as I just did a full-wearing of Vintage Acteur that I kept going for nearly 24 hours as I find the scent to be intoxicating) - that there is no mental association I have of the two fragrances.

The wilted, deep rose of Acteur is so dominant - along with the booziness one gets with the warm fruit notes and mace on top is very stand-out. It is actually a rose soliflore with the green stem and even warm oakmoss underneath that. The entire composition is one of deep, dark, warm and almost "gloomy" notes. After the spotlight fades on the rose, the curtains are drawn on Acteur - the base notes are all of depth and seem to soak into your skin and have an aura-effect when wearing, creating the 'Azzaro-vibe' we all know. A melancholy fragrance that is not at all 'lifted' or bright. I associate a deep, dark burgundy rose, with black edges on the wilting petals as an image.

However, Krizia Moods Uomo, while it has a rose note in the heart, I find it to be a fresh cut bloom - unopened at first and then it warms into the drydown (but is only a small part of the overall composition). The rich, slightly-smoky patchouli is key, but all the top notes are vibrant, sharp and stimulating - aldehydes, bright citrus, ginger, cardamom, sharp lavender, earthy coriander and the brilliant golden tobacco leaf. It is radiant and a beam of light. Yes, it wears warm due to the depth of the scent's ingredients, but what lifts off the skin with the radiant musk and amber is rich earthy and very fragrant. This is deep and wearable in the cool fall evening and nice on a cold winter day, but I actually prefer it on a warmer spring day and summer evening. It is never a disappointment - truly, year-round...but my association is with a bright, golden pinch of tobacco and a warm, oily concoction of patchouli and luminous, vibrant spices that are almost prickly or stinging to my nose. It is awesome to stain a dark T-shirt or polo in the summer with this sprayed on. It stays for days - the best wearing of the shirt (and scent) is a day or two after your first wearing - just reapply some more of this golden elixir on your skin and it breathes on you. Perfect with a light cigar or a hand-rolled cigarette (which I prefer)...

That is my "two cents" on these two incredible, but very different scents.

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Im looking forward to trying these two side by side one day .... cheers
    Last edited by ericrico; 18th January 2013 at 07:17 PM.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

Dependent

Thanks for your thoughts eric and Bigsly. How would you describe the leather accord? Tarry/smoky? Or just animalic?

Basenotes Plus

Hey MonkeyBars -

You're welcome. I adore Krizia Moods Uomo (and Vintage Acteur, as well) but just needed to clarify some key points.

In Krizia Moods, I find the leather - smooth - actually. The slightly smoky accord, to me, comes more from the patchouli, especially in unison with the golden tobacco leaf (although that is a more lifted and aromatic note). Slightly animalic, maybe, at a stretch? But, to me, one could find a touch of something animalic in here. To me, that is the warm and radiant musk note that creates the feeling - but, again, all in a superb blend.

Tarry? Well, the composition comes together with a bit of tar, but again - I look at the patchouli for that accord and then the warm base with the oakmoss and amber. And, of course the tobacco note should be mentioned as it associates itself to this facet.

Animalic in terms to a similar composition more apropos for comparison (although, I hate comparing scents), one should look at Vintage Givenchy Gentleman. But, nothing like the civet and musk in Vintage Givenchy Gentleman - which, ironically more people associate with Krizia Moods Uomo than any other scent (Acteur???). I hate comparing any two scents and saying something like this (as it goes against my Zen belief that all things are unto themselves unique, perfect and as they should be) - but I will stretch as far as I can. Okay, here goes: if one removed the civet and honey from Vintage GG and replaced it with the rich golden tobacco and spiked the top with sharp spices - cardamom, ginger and coriander, you would have something more close. I cannot believe I just wrote that. It is insulting to these amazing scents!

However, to compare Vintage Acteur is impossible. On, and there is even a rose note in Vintage Givenchy Gentleman...not unlike the rose found in Moods Uomo - but totally unlike the dominant note in Acteur.

Enough comparisons.

I cannot imagine putting any of these scents into a 'similar' perspective - impossible for me. Totally unique, classic, Vintage compositions - I think Krizia Moods Uomo needs to be worn (in a full-wearing)...even refreshed, for a period of time before someone can really understand it. Go, as I have, on a 36 hour 'binge' of Krizia Moods Uomo. Starting with layering the After Shave Lotion splashed on (and I even have the Deodorant Spray which I use as a body spray/base on my chest). Then layer the EdT all over. A cloud forms and one cannot see - this is normal don't panic or call 911. The fire dept. will just hose you down and wash off the incredible scent. ;-)

It is just a brilliant scent - and to me, it stands alone. It is not a copy of another scent or even close to Vintage GG - and, quite frankly, one of the most unique scents you will find.

Love it, hate it, or just like it - totally subjective. To each, their own.

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts eric and Bigsly. How would you describe the leather accord? Tarry/smoky? Or just animalic?