Code of Conduct

Default Bond No. 9: Andy Warhol Silver Factory .... tobacco????

I have a "bon bon" (sample) of Andy Warhol Silver Factory that I have tried several times and loved. I had it on my "full bottle wishlist", in fact. When at Saks the other day, I sprayed some from their display bottle while I was there working as a freelance makeup artist. I was dismayed to find that I immediately reeked of tobacco.

What?!?

There's no tobacco note listed, nor have I noticed one before. And had I expected it, I would never have sprayed it while working. Not only is it one of my least favorite notes, but I find it too strong and too polarizing to wear on my wrists while I do makeup right up in someone's face. I had to wipe down with alcohol and try to scrub it off the best I could, but by the end of the night I was sick from the tobacco scent.

I don't think I was "interpreting" the incense as tobacco, by the way. That was definitely tobacco. Full-on cigar shop fresh tobacco.

Any thoughts as to what the heck happened?

Default Re: Bond No. 9: Andy Warhol Silver Factory .... tobacco????

I don't get any tobacco at all in this fragrance and I own a bottle. I have Tobacco Vanille and Burberry London both of which I can easily detect tobacco and I can't detect any in Silver Factory. I smell sweet incense, iris, violets, syrupy wood and some light florals.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I have this and I do not get the tobacco either.....Gary

I have almost depleted my sample of Silverfactory and nope, I dont get any tobacco. Are you smelling the smokey incense?
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Thanks for the responses. I am sorry to so belatedly reply. I adore incense, so I don't suspect that I was smelling it here. I went back to my sample and it's as glorious as I remember. Not a clue why that tester smelled so freshly-rolled cigar on me! Yet another of life's mysteries...

I own a 100ml bottle of this and most days my nose interprets the incense as incense. But there are times when it smells of tobacco (which I like). I don't think our noses smell scents the same way everyday.
    I smell marshmallows!

There have been times when I believe that I detect Leather when there is not a Leather note mentioned.....There are times that I believe that some of the notes are kept secret.....I guess our noses can play tricks on us for sure.....Gary

Silver Factory reminds me of an expensive cigar, that's why I find it so unique. I think it's my favorite winter Bond fragrance.

I know your question has been answered, but I'm not getting tobacco either. This is FBW to me, but I read Carthusia 1681 is a cheaper version. Does anyone else think so?

In bottle that I have, I can't smell any tobbaco.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

When I tried this got no tobacco either.

Just tried this one today in fact. Nope, I didn't get tobacco from it either.

i agree with your assessment.. i get similar vibes. similar accords can be experienced in Havana reserva.

then again...its is all about perceptions..how and what you refer to as tobacco or leather can vary from person to person...