Code of Conduct

Question Is AZARRO POUR HOMME A REAL POWER HOUSE?

OK I know that it belongs to the powerhouse era and it inspired and started the whole legacy for powerhouse family, but to me APH is too "aristocratic and sober and smooth" to be considered as a POWERHOUSE. I know it inspired many others but here is how I look at it. APH is Don Vito Corleone and rest of them (say for example Quorum) is ravaging Santino Corleone. What do you think guys?

Default Re: Is AZARRO POUR HOMME A REAL POWER HOUSE?

I don't find Azzaro to be long lasting enough to give the sillage that a powerhouse should have.

fountain

it's gorgeous but i would never think about it as a powerhouse fragrance.

Old version, yes (from what I hear), new version, no.

New version has average sillage/longevity on me, and I like it just fine. Any stronger, and it wouldn't be as versatile.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I tried the original version in 2006, when my nose was new to the fragrance world, and I hated it as it was way too overpowering.

I bought a bottle this year 2010 and for sure it's the reformulated juice and no, IMO, it's not a powerhouse.

A powerhouse that still haunts me is Ted Lapidus pour Homme. I will have to revisit it and see if there'll be any changes in my taste.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I don't really think so...to me it's a lot like YSL Rive Gauche, just a tad dirtier.....

I think if it when compared to the average designer releases today, it is a powerhouse, but compared other 80's powerhouse it seems more of a powerduplex, or possibly a powercondo.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I don't find Azzaro to be long lasting enough to give the sillage that a powerhouse should have.
    Exactly what he said.

I clearly see that everybody is resonating what I am thinking. By the way I love it so much, I will trade 10 Aqua di Gio/Cool waters for this juice. The anise note is so intoxicating!!! I scored a 100 ml bottle for 18 bucks last week!!!!!!! I still cant believe my luck. BTW does anybody know where can I get aftershave balm of APH?

I definitely consider Azzaro Pour Homme to be a powerhouse. No, it's not as strong as most powerscents in terms of projection or concentration, but there aren't many fragrances that exude macho confidence as well as Azzaro. I consider "swagger" to be the most important quality in a powerscent, by far.

For those who care about this kind of stuff, I own bottles of the vintage and new formulations, and they are both great. There really isn't a big difference between the two; only real difference is that the old stuff has stronger top notes. Big deal.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

It's a fine scent, but IMO not a powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by santino View Post
    I clearly see that everybody is resonating what I am thinking. By the way I love it so much, I will trade 10 Aqua di Gio/Cool waters for this juice. The anise note is so intoxicating!!! I scored a 100 ml bottle for 18 bucks last week!!!!!!! I still cant believe my luck. BTW does anybody know where can I get aftershave balm of APH?
    You can get it at fragrancenet.com for $5.79 - 15% off with basenotes coupon. I just ordered it myself.

To me and in my opinion: beyond any doubt

@shamu: i scored the vintage edition recently.. to me it smells a little more concentrate. and the new one is tad watered down. what do you say?

I have the vintage version of APH Intense- the longevity of this one is off the charts, with the one of the most incredible dry-downs I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. But no, to me, it is not a 'powerhouse' as such.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

This is a new love for me. I definitely don't consider it in the same powerhouse range of Aramis, Antaeus, Quorum, Kouros, Polo Green
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Quote Originally Posted by santino View Post
    @shamu: i scored the vintage edition recently.. to me it smells a little more concentrate. and the new one is tad watered down. what do you say?

Hi Santino. For the first 15 minutes or so I would agree that the old juice smells a bit richer (stronger top notes with more leather/patchouli), but after that, I can detect no difference in scent, richness, longevity or projection. I've done the comparison many times, and my opinion has not changed.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.