Code of Conduct

Default What is your favourite aoud/oud/agarwood fragrance for women?

Hi,

Looking for advice, so I was wondering what your favourite aoud/oud/agarwood fragrances are.

I favour sweet oud, myself, but am unaware of who is making the most delectable oud fragrances.

Thank you so much for your help.

S

Default Re: What is your favourite aoud/oud/agarwood fragrance for women?

Welcome to Basenotes Siovale!
    I'm not an oud expert and I don't know if you've ever tried any of the Montale offerings but I always thought Aoud Roses Petals and White Aoud are beautiful and very feminine. Both have a good array of notes including the oud that's not too aggressive. Roses is obviously about roses and WA has a white smoke note plus a beautiful vanillic drydown.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Enjoy your journey!

Thank you for your welcome, Renaissance Man, and for your advice.

I confess that I love anything that is oud with roses, with amber and even exotic incense like notes. In short, anything that would fall within the Arabian scents. My problem is that I am really inexperienced when it comes to these fragrances. I have, of course, sampled many of that belong to the known houses of Chanel, Dior, etc., but never really found among those any to love. (In Canada, it seems difficult to find some of the more obscure, niche, fragrances).

Until, I came across Tom Ford's Old Oud, Arabian Wood and Kilian's Rose Oud. Then I fell in love, and, now, am so eager to discover all that the orient and the western world has to offer within the oud/agarwood world of the olfactory senses.

Any and all advice is, therefore, heartily welcome and I thank you all for helping me to embark upon what you. Renaissance Man, rightly call this delectable (albeit, no doubt, quite costly) journey.

What exactly is Aoud?

Quote Originally Posted by sailim View Post
    What exactly is Aoud?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agarwood

The oil is used as a perfume by itself or in mixtures with other ingredients. Oud is a traditional perfume element in the Persian Gulf region, and is nearly synonymous with Arabic perfumes. European perfumers have begun using oud in their perfumes as well. YSL M7 was one of the earliest European perfumes to contain oud. Montale is probably the most avid user of oud among the European houses.

I would recommend Lady Vengeance by Juliette has a gun and Micallefs Night Aoud and Aoud Gourmet.

LV is the darkest, raunchiest of the lot, AG the Aoudiest and NA the sweetest, most feminine IMO.
    All are great.
    Smellin good