Code of Conduct

Default Camellias Fragrance

can you recomand me a parfume with smell of camellias?
    ty

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Camellias Fragrance

I honestly don't know the smell of camellias, however, I own a bit of Camellia perfume from Hove Parfumeur. It's very reserved and somewhat baby-oil like. The company description: "As dry and delicate-sweet as a fine white wine, this fragrance compliments the quiet, fair and tailored personality."

Here's the link to Hove: http://www.hoveparfumeur.com/ProductsfortheWoman.htm
    They offer lovely sampler groupings. The Rue Royale is the other fragrance I recommend putting on one's to-test list.

I look forward to reading what others might come up with. I don't think I've seen this question before.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I just did a quick search for you in the Basenotes directory and came up with three scents that state Camelia
    as one of the notes:-
    Hiroko Koshino - I have tried this and it is very nice in a "Japanese"-kind of way.

Carolina Herrera - the original one. Quite a sexy scent.

Victoria's Secret Very Sexy for Her. Presumably the same as above given the name!
    Last edited by kewart; 13th November 2010 at 02:47 PM.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I have just noticed , also, that The Perfumed Court has some samples of Shiseido's Camellia Superieur EDP.

Fragrantia has a page about a camelia scent http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/C...melia-8340.htm.
    and MPG (Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier) do an Eau de Camelia Chinois.
    I haven't tried any of them, but they may be what you are looking for.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

S.T.Dupont ORAZULI

and it's a cheapie. I get lots of camelias from it.
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

Basenotes Plus

Here is a list of a few more that have Camellia in their notes.

Arpege by Lanvin
    Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger
    212 Carolina Herrera
    Winter Flowers by Kenzo
    Tresor Sheer eau de Printemps by Lancome
    White Petals by Keiko Mecheri
    Mother of the Bride by DSH Perfumes

I've never met a camellia that had a scent. I have them growing outside my back door, Camellia sasanqua 'Yuletide' to be exact. And at my father's in Mississippi there were other sasanqua varieties. They don't have a fragrance, just a lovely appearance. I was just now googling "fragrant camellias", though, and apparently fragrant hybrids do exist now. I never knew that. Chanel's Une Fleur was supposed to represent a camellia, but I thought it smelled faintly tea rose'ish when I tested it way back when.

Me neither lilybelle, so I did the same google search you did - what a surprise, they do exist! When I was a child I thought they were roses growing on those massive bushes and would sniff in vain trying to detect a scent. Not knowing what something's supposed to smell like makes it difficult to pick out of a fragrance of course, and now I'm very curious and will make it a point to find one of these elusive fragrant camellias!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Evangeline! Now I am mixed up. I thought today was your wedding day?
    Edit-- okay, I found it...I see the wedding isn't until the 19th. I have to say, your dedication to Basenotes was astounding me if you were getting married today and posting here...
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 13th November 2010 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    When I was a child I thought they were roses growing on those massive bushes and would sniff in vain trying to detect a scent.
    Lol, me too! So disappointing that was! I'm now determined to get a sniff of a fragrant hybrid, too.

Hm I am curious about camellia scents as well... there are scented ones and I actually grew up around camellia japonica oil.