Code of Conduct

Default Signature scent...which?

I'm looking for signature scent. Does anyone have some good suggestion? Yesterday I tried Allure Homme Blanche and Allure Homme Sport. First one have too many lemmony smell to be weared in winter. Second one is good but I think too many people have it. I need some other suggestions.

Default Re: Signature scent...which?

how old are you?
    do you work in an office environment? do you dj in a club?
    what kind of smells do you like? floral? aquatic? sweet and dessert-like? green? 80's masculine?
    what's your budget?
    do you have any other scents already?

we'll have to know a lot more about you to answer this question
    Last edited by Rumblefish; 14th November 2010 at 03:01 PM.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Allure Homme Sport is also more of a spring/summer fragrance. Rumblefish is right, we need more info about you and the types of fragrances you like.

Ok, here are answers .

I'm 27, student and also working for some computer magazine so I'm not a lot in office. I love fragrances like D&G The one and Versace Dreamer so something in this way would be great. But this two are not year-round fragrances and that is the problem. I wear casual clothes. If you want to know anything else let me know. Budget is not a problem!
    Last edited by deejay2; 14th November 2010 at 12:28 PM.

If i had to choose a year round signature scent id say try out Ckin2u its starts off citrus and fresh then goes into a sweet state on my skin very interesting and can be picked up for quite cheap

Frags to be tested as potential, prospective signature scents may include (without being limited too): Mugler Cologne, Chanel pour Monsieur, even Dior Homme and YSL Homme, Solo Loewe, Burberry Weekend for Men, among others

Kouros

I've seen this type post several times where individuals are looking for a signature scent. The most logical advise that can be offered is to sample suggestions made here or simply spend some time at your local fragrance counter. I firmly believe that you will know your signature scent when you wear it. It will be something you love and others love on you.

I had been into perfume stuff way back in college, (1990`s) were ETERNITY, Obsession , Fahrenheit were the 3 big dawg in the campus.

I stop using perfume for 15 years bec. of allergy issue. I only use a baby cologne from Spain that cost only $14 =) and it`s called Nenuco. Very crisp scent for everday use.
    It`s very citrusy, like fresh linen. I still have a full bottle of Eternity (original) that I hardly use for 3 years now.

This time I started to look around for perfume, and the trend seems to be very citrusy/alcoholic top note, and very rough scent (musky) dry down.

I did test several cologne for the past 3 days now and these are:

Gucci Sport
    Burbbery Sport
    A*Men
    The new Diesel
    ISL L`homme
    Paco Raban Light blue
    Armani Code
    Polo black/Double Black
    Agua Di Gio

Here`s my conclusion based on my taste.

Gucci Sport - Fresh, but rough musky note dry down. Won`t last very long.

Burberry Sport- Fresh citrusy top note and same rough musky trend dry down.

A*Men - Not good on top note, very tobacco smell (I hate it) but dry down has a unique smell. Definitely not for everyday use. I actually blind ordered 2 bottles of A*men Pure Malt at Nordstrom. I heard the tobacco smell is gone on this limited version. I still like A*men on base note. This last longer than the rest

The new Diesel - Very rough, but sweet smell on dry down. Dry down is like Armani code mix with A*men.

ISL L`homme - I like this one, it`s sweet on dry down. (This will be added to my collection)

Paco Raban Light Blue- Fresh all through out (maybe good on warmer weather?) Smell like a highschool kid for me...

Armani Code is the bomb! I went to the mall at Boston store today. I sprayed one on my wrist, walked a few minutes, hit the other end off the mall where Macy`s is. I went home with it. I can wear this everyday. It`s a sweet smell not rough all through out.

Polo Black- not my type. A bit older scent.

Agua Di Gio is fresh, I can wear it everyday, but the problem is everyone is using it.

Hope this help.

But, If you ask me. I still prefer the classic Eternity scent for everyday use. It`s very crisp . I hate the new Eternity Aqua It smells ok at first, but it changes to like soap/bathroom smell afterwards. You won`t regret the original Eternity .

My Verdict:

Classic Eternity for Daily use. It`s fresh, crisp and different from the trend.

Armani Code for night time use. You`ll never get wrong with Armani. =)

Oh BTW, this is my first post here.