Code of Conduct

Default Longevity of Incense Series Comme des Garçons and Sequoia

I have and love Avignon, and longevity is very good in this one. I have smelt on paper the rest of the series, and I am considering to buy Ouarzazate, and maybe Jaisalmer or Zagorsk. I liked Kyoto but is very similar to Loewe7, but the latter is better I think.
    How is the longevity of these fragrances? Is it as good as in Avignon?
    I also liked very much Sequoia from the red series. How is the longevity in this one?

Default Re: Longevity of Incense Series Comme des Garçons and Sequoia

I have all of the incense series, and they all have good longevity. Sequoia has excellent longevity as well, but as much as I like it, it gets a bit cloying.

I got Jaisalmer. It has a very strong almost cloying opening of the spices and incense. But it fades away very quickly, I get like 4-6 Hours out of it. Maybe it just doesn't agree with my skin, but so far I am disappointed and mislead-ed by the opening.

Basenotes Institution

I am of the belief that all of the Incense scents have below average longevity. This has never been a problem for me, as I like the scents and don't necessarily need them to be tenacious for me to enjoy them. Of the 5, Avignon and Zagorsk last the longest.

I have Kyoto and it has Great lasting power.....Gary

I love Sequoia... and let's just say that the spray to the chest, if it gets into the shirt will last for at least 6 hours. On the open bits though, like on the wrists... it lasts perhaps 4 hours on the top side, usually 3 hours.

Love the stuff though.

hmmm, well I love Kyoto but in doing a 2 wrist test with avignon, I found Avignon lasted much longer. Still, I've also read and experienced that the series generally has poor longevity or sillage.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I have them all. Jaisalmer gives me the longest hang time, esp on clothing. Fantastic stuff.

all..with good longevity!

Sequioa: Very interesting scent....longevity is great however, projection is really bad! =(

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Sequioa: Very interesting scent....longevity is great however, projection is really bad! =(
    volley2 I've had problems with Seqouia in the past too. However, I found a solution. Spray a lot in a small area on your clothing specifically the upper chest/neckline. It projected real good!

In my opinion Avignon is the one with the best longevity. The others follow right away with a satysfying lasting power. All of them worth a full bottle (IMO)

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Sequoia has both incredible longevity and sillage. I agree with JonB-- sometimes I get tired of it after a few hours, but it hangs around.

I've found that Sequoia is an awesome scent to wear to the gym. It doesn't quite smell cologney, so it's not like you're the guy who puts on too much Le Male to go work out. It's woody, fresh and magnetic-- also mysterious enough that people will wonder why you smell so good and interesting. When you're sweating, it really transforms into something great. Oddly, the rum note almost makes it seem like you're sweating out the toxins of last night's booze, but in a seductive way.

And then when you get home, you can take a shower and wash it off. Really guys, next time you go to the gym, hit yourself with a couple sprays of Sequoia before you go.