Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Best website to purchase Creed GIT??

Howdy y'all! I was curious if anyone can point me in the right direction in terms of the best website to buy Creed's Green Irish Tweed from.. If I had more money I'd purchase from the Creed website, however, I'm in college and as many of you may know $300 is a fine chunk of cash for me. I've been doing my research and I'm kind of leaning towards Beauty Encounter.. Anyone have any success through them? I have also considered fragrancenet and scentedmonkey, however I've found numerous complaints doing business with them so I'm kind of stuck.. Obviously if the bottle I receive is fake or tampered with I'm shipping it back immediately, but I'm looking for the website that will most likely give me a REAL bottle, one that isn't old or fake or weak. I do understand paying 140-160 dollars for a 4 oz bottle of Creed is risky, but I suppose I'm up for the risk. Fingers crossed I get a real bottle! 😁
    Any suggestions on where to go for this bottle will be greatly appreciated. Any negative feedback on a site would be awesome too. I look forward to hearing your answers!
    (Btw I know purfum1 is a popular site, however they don't have GIT atm)
    Thanks a lot guys!

Default Re: Best website to purchase Creed GIT??

Join the facebook groups where people sell their bottles and all. Git is often seen for 110-140 $ for a 4 oz bottle.
    Else you can check fragrancenet. Plus if you can host a split or get in on one, there are 17 oz git (500 ml i guess) for under 450 or 500 dollars at fragrancenet which results in at max 100 usd per 100 ml. (Just checked again, it seems they're out of stock)

Or you can just buy cool water and spend the remaining on other niche.
    Last edited by Jammy; 24th March 2014 at 04:55 PM.

I've smelled cool water and I'm not so crazy about it. To me GIT smells 30x better. The only problem I'd have with the Facebook group thing is if they end up selling a fake/low quality bottle I can't just return it. And fragrancenet worries me in the sense of how many people have complained of tampered barcode and serial numbers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like beauty encounter is more reliable?

I would go with Fragrancenet.com

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    I would go with Fragrancenet.com
    Have you had success through them? I have mixed feelings based on what I'm reading

I've had excellent luck in purchasing Creeds from Fragrancenet and BeautyEncounter. Howevever, once I received an old bottle of Acqua Fiorentina that had gone bad from Fragrancenet, but I return was very easy, and I was happy with the customer service from the transaction. The prices from FN and BE are usually much lower, but if you are concerned about quality, I would easily recommend NeimanMarcus.com, which has excellent customer service (and a rebate if you go through eBates first). I've also used LuckyScent.com which has outstanding customer service and shipping, but there are no discounts or rebates.

From my obsessive research on this subject:

If you order anywhere other than creedboutique.com or from the other authorized Creed retailers, there is a chance you will receive a fake or mishandled bottle; this includes both fragrancenet and Amazon (even if it's sold directly from Amazon). These sources DO provide authentic bottles some/most of the time, but there is a finite chance you will receive a fake or defective product. From what I hear, fragrance net is slow, but they usually don't give you much hassle about returns in such cases. Amazon is faster about shipping/ordering (obviously), but they DO give you hassle about returning since fragrances are considered hazardous materials. If you can document that it is fake, they'll take care of you, most likely.

So, choose your poison. Ridiculously priced, but authentic, or reasonably priced, but possibly fake.
    Guess it depends on how much of a hassle you're willing to endure.
    Last edited by tensor9; 24th March 2014 at 06:41 PM.

If cost is not a concern, get it at a Creed boutique. If it is a concern, then Fragrancenet is a viable option among others out there.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    Have you had success through them? I have mixed feelings based on what I'm reading
    Purchased a few Creeds from them. They have a pretty good return policy if you are not satisfied.

I've had great experiences with fragrancenet. Their shipping isn't always the fastest, but they don't sell fakes and their prices are often excellent.

TIP! Create an account at ebates.com and go there first. Find their link to fragrancenet. You'll get an extra 6% back (currently). If you're going to spend $150 (for example) that gets you $9 back, and that's on top of whatever discount you get from fragrancenet plus whatever cash back you get from your credit card.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Walgreens is another option, as they act as a portal for Fragrancenet. Sometimes their sales beat the price given on the main FN page; IIRC I picked up my GIT for about 115 a couple years ago. I wasn't pleased with the first bottle I got, so I just returned it to the local Walgreen's and ordered a second bottle, which was perfect.

Fragrancenet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I've used Amazon and Fragrancenet with no problems: better price, and fast shipping from both. Good tip by L'HBI re: ebates.

Fragrancex.com