Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Montale Aoud Orange, Aoud Melody

Just released today in Qatar Aoud Melody and Aoud Orange, will try them in few next days God willing.
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

Default Re: Montale Aoud Orange, Aoud Melody

Please don't forget to share your impressions when you do.There was also another thread where these were mentioned as having been released.

(3636)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Both sound very interesting. Strange that Aoud Orange doesn't list any type of orange in the notes (on Fragrantica anyway). I need to explore this house much further this year for sure. Quite a few I haven't tried yet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Both sound very interesting. Strange that Aoud Orange doesn't list any type of orange in the notes (on Fragrantica anyway). I need to explore this house much further this year for sure. Quite a few I haven't tried yet.
    I agree..
    It's kinda hard as they near the 100 mark..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    I agree..
    It's kinda hard as they near the 100 mark..
    100? wow. Ok, maybe I'll have to pick and choose some of their more popular one with notes I may like. Too hard to keep up with everything.

I wonder if they will have the skeleton of Black Aoud or Attar the only 2 routes that Montale oud fragrances have

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    100? wow. Ok, maybe I'll have to pick and choose some of their more popular one with notes I may like. Too hard to keep up with everything.
    Interestingly enough, they have already hit that mark. I now have 101 in my collection (up from 93 in June 2013) and there are still about 10 that I need to purchase.
    (3641)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Interestingly enough, they have already hit that mark. I now have 101 in my collection (up from 93 in June 2013) and there are still about 10 that I need to purchase.
    (3640)
    I know which one is your favorite Hednic, but i like to hear it from you , just to see if the bird who told me is right :P
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    I know which one is your favorite Hednic, but i like to hear it from you , just to see if the bird who told me is right :P
    Did the bird tell you "Santal de Mysore" or "Aoud & Pine"? Because if he did, one would be correct.

(3647)
    Last edited by hednic; 31st January 2014 at 06:46 PM.

lol , yes he did
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Post Thanks / Like

Please don't forget to share your impressions when you do.There was also another thread where these were mentioned as having been released.

(3636)
    God willing, I will do.
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

Just got at e-mail from The Perfumeshoppe in Vancouver/Scottsdale that these two are coming soon to their shops so these must be Durrani releases and will eventually make it to other retailers in the US carrying the Montale line.

(3698)

Post Thanks / Like

Just got at e-mail from The Perfumeshoppe in Vancouver/Scottsdale that these two are coming soon to their shops so these must be Durrani releases and will eventually make it to other retailers in the US carrying the Montale line.

(3698)
    Durrani is the "good" version correct?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    Durrani is the "good" version correct?
    It's just the one that happens to be distributed in the US and easy to find.

(3708)

Post Thanks / Like

It's just the one that happens to be distributed in the US and easy to find.

(3708)
    Ok. I remember you schooled us on this. Atmeh vs Durrani.....thanks

Update: The Perfumeshoppe in Scottsdale, Arizona informed me via phone today that these two have left France and will be arriving at the store within two weeks for those who are interested in these latest releases.

Hello guys!
    This 2 new ones are now listed at the Montale website!
    I thinking to make a blind buy on this 2.
    Last edited by etoile; 28th February 2014 at 04:42 AM.

These have now arrived on North American shores. Will be picking both up tomorrow!

These have now arrived on North American shores. Will be picking both up tomorrow!
    Looking forward to your impressions!
    Current favorites_____Roja Dove Amber Aoud_____Montale Aoud Musk_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Avignon_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Lumiere Noire_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio

Post Thanks / Like

Great news! I like the color of the new bottles too. I'm curious about the smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    Where?

The Perfumeshoppe

Post Thanks / Like

Are the new releases any good?

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Orange Aoud is the same usual boring stuff you can expect from Montale. It's oud with a sprinkle of Fanta.
    My current top five:

Guerlain - Mitsouko
    Naomi Goodsir - Bois d'ascèse
    Parfum d'Empire - Equistrius
    Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - Santal Noble
    Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Looking forward to your impressions!
    Aoud Melody has a nice spicy opening. I can smell the clove saffron and some other spice which I'm not sure of right from the get go. It eventually turns into a nice sandalwood dry down. I don't get that much leather and although the oud is present, it's not in your face like others in the line. Orange Aoud is more floral to my nose, and I found the oud is more prominent in this one. Don't get any orange at all, but a faint hint of leather at the end after a few hours on my skin. Longevity was good on my skin with both and both projected well. Of these two purchases, I prefer Aoud Melody.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried Aoud Orange briefly, sprayed on a paper testing strip.

I definitely got orange, a nice balance with the aoud at first but gradually becoming stronger and sweeter. Granted, this was in the first 5 minutes or so, and I cannot say what happens after that. I'm always hesitant to make judgments about fragrances based on brief on-paper tests, but I didn't find much appealing about this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's for the replies, Colin and Noggs. Nothing new on the Montale Horizon, so it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

Aoud Orange is mostly focused on... violet. A huge, intrusive and tart violet flower. For fans only.

Aoud Melody seems to derive its olfactory track from a sour hair lotion. Disgusting.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way I briefly talked to Mark Buxton at Esxence, he makes crap scents but he's absolutely friendly and funny. He started barking against the "bloody oud" that's so trendy these days - correctly saying that it's a cheap and boring note which was out of fashion years ago before being unexplicably and unnecessarily retrieved, and that a really few percent of perfumers uses decent oud (not Montale - but for example, Du Bois do, they own plantations of aquilaria to extract 100% pure oud to use). The fun fact was that Montale was like two booths on the left
    My current top five:

Guerlain - Mitsouko
    Naomi Goodsir - Bois d'ascèse
    Parfum d'Empire - Equistrius
    Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - Santal Noble
    Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, but no, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    By the way I briefly talked to Mark Buxton at Esxence, he makes crap scents but he's absolutely friendly and funny. He started barking against the "bloody oud" that's so trendy these days - correctly saying that it's a cheap and boring note which was out of fashion years ago before being unexplicably and unnecessarily retrieved, and that a really few percent of perfumers uses decent oud (not Montale - but for example, Du Bois do, they own plantations of aquilaria to extract 100% pure oud to use). The fun fact was that Montale was like two booths on the left
    LOL! That's for that.

I'm not much of a Buxton fan but he has a point.

I was not impressed with either, and Melody smells like cheap hair spray.
    AVOID

Although I don't find them as interesting as some of their predecessors they're not unpleasant to me. I guess I am in the minority.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I was not impressed with either, and Melody smells like cheap hair spray.
    AVOID
    That's a clear statement.