Code of Conduct

Default Frags disappeared from Collection tab of wardrobe

I noticed a few frags had disappeared from my collection page/tab, namely Memoir Man, Skarb, Lyric Man, Grey Flannel,
    Narciso Rodriguez for Him, Yatagan, Erolfa, Givenchy Play and Play Intense, Hugo XY, and Oxford and Cambridge (I think that's all).

I am trying to think of any operation I may have performed on all of the above that was the same for all of them, but I can't. I did rate all of them for sillage (it seems that column is removed now? at least, it is here) but I definitely did not rate them all the same for sillage and besides, other frags that had the same sillage ratings as some of the above were left in my wardrobe untouched.

It's not a huge deal as I can simply move them back into my collection from my tried page, but figured I should mention it as something caused this and it was not (for once ) user error.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: Frags disappeared from Collection tab of wardrobe

Hello!

These fragrances that disappeared were they there when the wardrobes were transferred over? Or have they disappeared since then?

Cheers

I posted something about this another forum, but thought I'd also mention it here.

The manually added list at the top of the Wardrobe page of fragrances I own which do not appear in the Directory is truncated and only contains about half the number of fragrances it should. The list stops in mid line, like there is a limit to the number of characters or lines or something didn't get copied properly.

I have about 150-200 fragrances on that list, and it would be a big problem for me to go through my collection, determine which ones aren't in the Directory, and add them again. I'd appreciate you looking into this and seeing if the list could be repaired.

You are probably already planning this, but I don't see an option to sort by House. I just wanted to mention it as it is an important feature for me.

Thanks!

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 15th November 2010 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Hello!

These fragrances that disappeared were they there when the wardrobes were transferred over? Or have they disappeared since then?

Cheers
    Grant, they were there originally. I know this for sure because I remember adding sillage ratings to them all. Like I said, I know that there wasn't a single identical operation that I performed on them all, at least not at the granularity of operation + parameters, ie rate sillage->4 ****. I mean, I did the same operations on many of them (set sillage, set longevity, etc) but the effected scents had varying parameters for each, and other scents that were selected at the same time were not affected.

Come to think of it, I think I have an idea of what it may be. I'll PM you about it.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Not sure if this is the reason for this happening to you, but when I put that I have a sample of something it removes it from my "Collection" tab, and the same is true of the opposite (putting something you have a sample of in your collection removes it from the "sample" tab). Apparently you can't list a fragrance under both tabs at once.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Grant, they were there originally. I know this for sure because I remember adding sillage ratings to them all. Like I said, I know that there wasn't a single identical operation that I performed on them all, at least not at the granularity of operation + parameters, ie rate sillage->4 ****. I mean, I did the same operations on many of them (set sillage, set longevity, etc) but the effected scents had varying parameters for each, and other scents that were selected at the same time were not affected.

Come to think of it, I think I have an idea of what it may be. I'll PM you about it.
    Thanks - you're best off emailing me at grant.osborne@basenotes.net

cheeeeeeers!!

Quote Originally Posted by philmcphe View Post
    Not sure if this is the reason for this happening to you, but when I put that I have a sample of something it removes it from my "Collection" tab, and the same is true of the opposite (putting something you have a sample of in your collection removes it from the "sample" tab). Apparently you can't list a fragrance under both tabs at once.
    Actually, I think this is it. Every one of those scents I do also have a sample of and had tried to put them on the sample page as well. Good observation Phil!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

That's probably it then.

Long term, I want to be able to have people list everything they have, so if you have a 100ml bottle, a 50ml After shave and a 5ml sample of Body Kouros, you'd be able to list that.

That's going to take a whole lot of extra work so that's on the back burner for now.

The 'my collection' and 'samples' are really just the same list, with two ways of categorizing fragrances you own. If you had a big bottle and sample, I'd list it as 'my collection' for now.

When I get time to revisit, you'll be able to add all sorts of granular detail (size, where purchased etc)