Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Reviews / SOTD / Wardrobes etc back up and running

There are a few glitches to sort out, the first one off the top of my head is that it may take up to 24 hours for a supporter's review to show up, as I've not set that up yet.

But it's 2.30am, I'm very tired and I *think* it's working enough

I'll be up again at 8am. Try not to break it while I'm gone!

Default Re: Reviews / SOTD / Wardrobes etc back up and running

Oh, and please can you submit bug reports, feature requests, and anything that i might need to see in the Community Centre forum. If you post to all the dozens of blog posts and threads about this I might not catch them all. So to ensure I see them post them HERE.

Off-Scenter

Thumbs down RXANGNqeEaaRea

pmjsIS <a href="http://meurdnrfirhz.com/">meurdnrfirhz</a>, dkzxmjlagbcl, [link=http://gjzadzgakcai.com/]gjzadzgakcai[/link], http://zmytzisjcyje.com/
    Last edited by Unregistered; 26th March 2013 at 01:04 AM. Reason: IDJcpqymLCeSlxB

Looks great! One thing I noticed was missing (unless it has escaped my eyes) is under the reviews for each fragrance. It no longer states the total number of positive/neutral/negative reviews at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Scenter View Post
    The Directory looks great, even if the "Add your review" function is still down.

Get yourself some sleep first, though!
    SHould be back up now. In my sleepyness I forgot to remove the bit that said "if user isn't grant, don't let them add a review yet"

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Looks great! One thing I noticed was missing (unless it has escaped my eyes) is under the reviews for each fragrance. It no longer states the total number of positive/neutral/negative reviews at the top.
    It'll be back. Maybe even with pie-charts!

I love looooove all the new features such as ' select a perfume today' from my wardrobe and adding samples to it as well.

Very cool! ( and will make me get out of the door earlier in the morning)
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

One problem I am experiencing is that when I click the "Scent of the Day" button, it asks me for a review rather than posting it as my SOTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    I love looooove all the new features such as ' select a perfume today' from my wardrobe and adding samples to it as well.
    In an ideal world, here's what I would love. It would check things like the weather in your location, where you are going, and view your other fragrances worn in the past in similar conditions and give a top five of your likely things you will wear.

In the meantime, it just randomly suggests something from your collection + samples!

Grant,
    Thanks for all your hard work. Everything looks fantastic!

1) This may have been brought up before but is there a way to adjust the number of the stars for each scent directly from inside the wardrobe rather than going back and forth to the main page for each scent?
    Edit: Never mind, I got the answer to this one, YES! Thank you! I love you!

2) Is there a way to clear all ratings for the wardrobe entirely? or even for each scent (to no stars)?

RM

Nice update !
    I really appreciate the constant work done on this site to always improve it, so I just wanted to say thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    In the meantime, it just randomly suggests something from your collection + samples!
    I really like the "+ samples" part. There's a few I still have to wear and this should help me catch up.

Any chance of a "Do/don't add this frag to the randomizer" option? I have Sécrétions Magnifiques in with my samples and I dunno if I actually want to wear it just because the computer told me to...

Basenotes Plus

Getting an error message when trying to post SotD. It says " Parse error: syntax error, unexpected'}' in/home/basenot2/public_html/bn_fragpo.php on line 302."

Basenotes Plus

Is anyone else having this problem? When I click on the perfume I want to see, I get the error listed above.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

A continuing stream of reasons to love Basenotes even more! Things are looking better than ever.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

When trying to read reviews about Ormonde Jayne products, I get this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/basenot2/public_html/bn_fragpro.php on line 302

Actually, it's happening when trying to look at the reviews of anything.
    “I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud

Grant,
    thank you for all your time and effort. The site is wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Calyx93 View Post
    When trying to read reviews about Ormonde Jayne products, I get this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/basenot2/public_html/bn_fragpro.php on line 302

Actually, it's happening when trying to look at the reviews of anything.
    This should be fixed now. cheers

Grant.
    there is a small bug when navigating through review pages. First, Last and jumping to a page by number work fine but Next and Prev do not.

It appears the link for Next/Prev are mssing the 'p' prefix for page number, ie.

http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/fragrance/<id>/2
    as opposed to
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/fragrance/<id>/p2