Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 58
  1. #1

    Default Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Signature - Rochas Man, Bvlgari Black

    Go-to - Baby Blue Jeans, The Dreamer, Rive Gauche.

    Go-out - Angel Men Pure Malt, 1 Million

    Retired - Polo Double Black, Armani Code, 212, Euphoria

  2. #2

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Not sure if you were referencing this thread but here you go

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/260...ight=walgreens
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

  3. #3
    Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    20,910
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Walgreens also is offering a 20% off code for perfume online (PERFUME) good through the 20th of November.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

  4. #4

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Thanks, just got a backup!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    285

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    If you'll take the time to go through the entire 589-item men's fragrance list, you'll see several Creed selections as well as a surprising list of designer names, JPG, Hermes, Givenchy, DSquared, Dior, Cartier, Guerlain, Varvatos... it's quite a list for what one tends to think of as a corner drug store/variety store.

    Some of the prices are better than others. Few are truly amazing. But the 20% off code mentioned above changes the equation quite a bit.

    I suspect that one can order from a major retailer such as Walgreens with complete confidence.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    So I mean what's the downside to ordering through them? Potentially old product? I mean this is pretty heft discount, on par with what you see on many fragrance etailers.. And many people have issues with buying creeds off of certain websites.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    285

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    While I have no experience ordering from Walgreens, I suspect that there is no risk. Walgreens is a huge company with big buying power. I'm sure that they are dealing only through auhorized channels and, probably, directly with the manufacturers. They are savvy buyers and retailers. They are not, themselves, going to be "hoodwinked" into buying counterfeits or out-dated or factory-second stuff and they're not going to risk their own good reputation by retailing such problems. I also suspect that they move a good volume of product so nothin goes stale in their warehouse.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Quote Originally Posted by Gollnick View Post
    While I have no experience ordering from Walgreens, I suspect that there is no risk. Walgreens is a huge company with big buying power. I'm sure that they are dealing only through auhorized channels and, probably, directly with the manufacturers. They are savvy buyers and retailers. They are not, themselves, going to be "hoodwinked" into buying counterfeits or out-dated or factory-second stuff and they're not going to risk their own good reputation by retailing such problems. I also suspect that they move a good volume of product so nothin goes stale in their warehouse.
    It just seems strange to me, right? More often than not the "you get what you pay for" rule works.. When you save a bundle on fragrances you're either taking a risk on getting inferior product, or you ARE getting inferior product.. If you go through Walgreens which is a trusted seller, and they are selling at a VERY deep discount, then where's the downside? Why would anyone ever want to buy Green Irish Tweed (or several other Creeds) from anywhere else ever again? It just seems a bit strange to me.

    So you think Walgreens is really getting their stuff straight from France like say Nieman Marcus?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Quote Originally Posted by roper512 View Post
    It just seems strange to me, right? More often than not the "you get what you pay for" rule works.. When you save a bundle on fragrances you're either taking a risk on getting inferior product, or you ARE getting inferior product.. If you go through Walgreens which is a trusted seller, and they are selling at a VERY deep discount, then where's the downside? Why would anyone ever want to buy Green Irish Tweed (or several other Creeds) from anywhere else ever again? It just seems a bit strange to me.

    So you think Walgreens is really getting their stuff straight from France like say Nieman Marcus?
    Read the link I put up above...alot of this has been discussed...Wal-Mart, etc
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

  10. #10

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Well, I just got a 4 piece Coolwater gift set for my Godfather
    $29.99 in store
    I'll probably get one for me for the summer
    Signature - Rochas Man, Bvlgari Black

    Go-to - Baby Blue Jeans, The Dreamer, Rive Gauche.

    Go-out - Angel Men Pure Malt, 1 Million

    Retired - Polo Double Black, Armani Code, 212, Euphoria

  11. #11

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Walgreens also is offering a 20% off code for perfume online (PERFUME) good through the 20th of November.
    Hey thanks KBE, that discount code was enough to push me over the edge and purchase some GIT. $131.00 shipped for the 4 ounce is a competitive deal. I will update this thread when it arrives. I have great faith in Walgreen's return policy if I am unsatisfied.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    sigh, I just wish that VIW wasn't the 75ml... it's almost the same price as the 4oz GIT.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

    HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...


    Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

  13. #13
    adonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    3,514

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    sigh, I just wish that VIW wasn't the 75ml... it's almost the same price as the 4oz GIT.
    http://www.parfum1.com/virgin-island...sp?itm=CREEVI4

  14. #14

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch31 View Post
    Hey thanks KBE, that discount code was enough to push me over the edge and purchase some GIT. $131.00 shipped for the 4 ounce is a competitive deal. I will update this thread when it arrives. I have great faith in Walgreen's return policy if I am unsatisfied.
    My Green Irish Tweed arrived in the mail today and I couldn't be happier. It is more fresh smelling than my sample with the same lovely drydown. The batch number is A3210F01. I'm not sure how to decode that though I have read elsewhere that the middle numbers on GIT indicate the year making this a 2010? In any case I am very happy with the fragrance and the price that I paid.

    Since placing my order I have learned that most of the fragrances on Walgreen's website are drop shipped from Fragrancenet. That would mean their Creed offerings are most certainly grey market though it works for me. I doubt Walgreens is aware of it. Both my box and the underside of the bottle had a clear arabic sticker on them which makes me suspect these are sourced from the middle east. Interestingly enough I was at my local mall last week and they have a store called Fragrance Hut that has a sizeable offering of fragrances. I was talking to the sales associate about 1 Million and asked him how they get it and he said, "We import most of our fragrances from Dubai." Am I seeing a pattern here?

    Anyway chalk up a good experience for Walgreens. In the event that I was unhappy, I would have been able to return this to any local Walgreens for a full refund without having to mail it back.
    Last edited by Fletch31; 29th November 2010 at 10:40 PM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    It goes to show you that Creed is more designer than niche these days I think. I never would have thought Walgreens would be selling Creeds.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    I ordered GIT 4oz bottle from Walgreens yesterday.
    Why not.
    Next week I will order Aventus 4oz from Creed Boutique.
    Why not.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Quote Originally Posted by roper512 View Post
    So I mean what's the downside to ordering through them? Potentially old product? I mean this is pretty heft discount, on par with what you see on many fragrance etailers.. And many people have issues with buying creeds off of certain websites.
    It makes me scratch my head I am always leery of sites like those especially with creeds you do not know if it is faulty product or fake.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    I noticed that within 48 hours this thread being posted on basenotes the first time OV bumped up $20 in price, then in another 48 hours it dropped back down. Basenote related flood of orders trigger some price change? Maybe.... When it dropped back down I seized on that OV deal with the discount they were offering at the time and got the 120ml OV for $103. Just showed up yesterday and it smells perfect. The only issue I might have is that the box didn't come sealed, it had no shrink wrap on it at all. Although the sprayer needed 3-4 pumps to prime up so I know the bottle was brand new.

    Another thing that was weird. They dropped part of my address off the shipping info and if I didn't happen to be sitting here and heard the UPS truck go by I wouldn't have gotten the package. It was making another delivery across the street, very luckily, and I went to the driver and explained. Told him I'm waiting for a package, that the website says it should be delivered today and I just noticed that the address listed isn't complete on the info. He asked for the tracking number and my name. I gave him the number and my name and he told me they also dropped my last name off the shipping info. So make sure your shipping info is correct.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

  19. #19
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    107,798

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    I got an extra bottle of OV before the $20 increase. Made it by two days!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    GIT is available for $120 until this evening. $150 - 20% off.
    Come on, for that price, I had to order one. Fake or no fake!! Worst case scenario, I can take it back to the local store.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    So I think we can finally say Creed is no longer a niche brand? Unless MPG, Nicolai, l'Artisan and the like are also available through Walgreens, and Costco???

  22. #22

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Dam, OV is up to $169, I'm glad I got in on it before the holiday jack up.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

  23. #23

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    So I think we can finally say Creed is no longer a niche brand? Unless MPG, Nicolai, l'Artisan and the like are also available through Walgreens, and Costco???
    Not trying to start an argument; however does terms like niche, designer truly factor in whether the product is enjoyable or not?

    Exclusivity is sometimes overrated.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

  24. #24

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    ^^
    regardless of label put on it, you should be able to enjoy it no matter what if you like the scent. of course if it becomes very main stream and many more people start wearing and you find yourself no longer unique, then of course that sucks.. majority of the people I would think do not look at walgreens as their cologne to-go store and I don't think people not familiar with Creed would ever buy this at this price

  25. #25

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Not trying to start an argument; however does terms like niche, designer truly factor in whether the product is enjoyable or not?

    Exclusivity is sometimes overrated.
    I'm using the term "niche" specifically to denote the particular fragrance market wherein Creed falls. I think niche is not an appropriate term for a company whose fragrances are available through Walgreens and Costco. Niche in this term simply refers to the distribution of the fragrances the size of the customer base.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    Niche in this term simply refers to the distribution of the fragrances the size of the customer base.
    That makes no sense whatsoever.

    Niche means that the company exclusively makes fragrances. As opposed to Ralph Lauren who makes fragrances AND clothes.

    Regardless... you are insinuating that because Walgreens.com and Costco sell CREED for $140 bottle, that it's somehow less worthy than Beauty Encounter selling it for the same?

    Your own prejudices are coming into play here...

  27. #27

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I'm using the term "niche" specifically to denote the particular fragrance market wherein Creed falls. I think niche is not an appropriate term for a company whose fragrances are available through Walgreens and Costco. Niche in this term simply refers to the distribution of the fragrances the size of the customer base.
    I personally think that Creed, by definition would still be considered niche due to the fact that if you want fresh stock, you have to go to their sanctioned boutique or to stores allowed to sell it. Walgreen's and Costco obtained their product in a manner I'd consider... well, "grey market" and not directly from Creed - and from somewhere else. Walgreen's and Costco have niche products that are not available in many stores - don't ask me for an example, but I swear there's two appliance manufacturers that are semi-exclusive to Costco, only other way would be to approach the manufacturer. So... just because they're not Saks, Nieman Marcus or... whomever, does not denote if they're able to carry niche or not.

    Regardless, back to my aforementioned point... does a niche, or in this case, a controlled product obtaining more mainstream appeal and availability really affect the enjoyment of said product?

    That's like cars. In 1920, only the rich were able to purchase a car. Now, everybody has one. So to "feel special", niches were created to cater to people hellbent on finding a way to set themselves apart from the "filthy masses" - think supercar/sports car like the Bugatti Veyron. Yet for much less, the new Corvette Z06 is able to hit an electronically controlled 190mph - short of the Veyron's 254mph, but for a few million dollars less, I can accept 64 miles lesser and be that much richer.

    I guess I don't get the fuss about it. If it smells good, enjoy it. If you can afford it, buy it. And if other people have it, find camaraderie instead of banal announcements that it's no longer niche, exclusive nor "special". Those are only labels that mean something if you decide they do.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

  28. #28
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Walgreen's and Costco obtained their product in a manner I'd consider... well, "grey market" and not directly from Creed - and from somewhere else.
    whuut?

  29. #29
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    I just went to Costco's website and they only have two frags for sale. Neither Creed.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Walgreens really sells Green Irish Tweed and Original Vetiver online

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    I just went to Costco's website and they only have two frags for sale. Neither Creed.
    They had them last year or so. And the whole "grey market" portion in my earlier reply was how the orders are being fulfilled by FragranceNet or somebody and they're not official Creed resellers... and that means that they've acquired their stock "somehow"; thus my remark.

    As a person that bought from Walgreen's a GIT bottle on a 30% discount a while back, compared to my purchased bottle from Nieman Marcus is that the one from Walgreen's smells fresher, lasts as long, smells as great... and I had enough money left in my pocket to later purchase other things I wanted also.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Got my Green Irish Tweed on Walgreens.com......did I make a mistake?
    By taint it sweet in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 24th May 2012, 04:43 AM
  2. Which do you prefer: Green Irish Tweed or Green Valley
    By Jer350 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 17th August 2010, 01:20 AM
  3. Original Dolce & Gabanna or Green Irish Tweed
    By bsmith001 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23rd April 2008, 11:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000