Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Need a Sillage Monster with Great Longevity...!!!

Guys i m 23 yrs old and new to frags. I have euphoria intense which doesnt last at all on my skin. My fav frag is A* Men which lasts atleast 8 hrs on my skin. I tried a few frags from JPG like le male but dint like them a lot.(same with Joop).

I am looking for a new frag need something which has amazing sillage and longevity like A*Men.

Below are some o the choices after my search on BN :-

1) Terre d'Hermes EDT ( Not sure if its a sillage monster...)
    2) M7
    3) Body Kouros
    4) Dior Homme Intense
    5) L'eau D'issey PH or L'eau D'issey PH Intense (Which ever lasts longer)
    6) Van Cleef & Arpels pour homme ( Is it suitable for my age???)
    7) Montale-Black Aoud ( Is it suitable for my age???)
    8) Guerlain Vetiver and Guerlain Homme
    9) Quorum ( Is it suitable for my age???)

Its hard to find some of these frags in my country so i have no option other than BLIND BUY...!!!

Long list indeed but i really need some expert advice and suggestions...!!!

Default Re: Need a Sillage Monster with Great Longevity...!!!

I will throw in one more: L'Anarchiste by Caron. It's sweet and spicy, but also a bit metallic. Read the reviews, people disagree strongly on what is really smells like: blood? oranges? On my skin it's a sillage monster, and very long lasting. It's unusual but not scary avant garde. And pretty cheap!

M7 would work. I think I'll cross off L'eau D'issey PH off your list as it doesn't really last all that long (at least for me).

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I m looking for 2 frags from my list. One for office (something which smells fresh/earthy) and another for evening wear.

I thought Issey PH would be gr8 for office but it dint seem to last long on my skin.How is longevity and sillage of Issey PH Intense compared to the original version?

Is Guerlain vetiver or Terre d' Hermes suitable for my age? How about there sillage and longevity?

Quote Originally Posted by A*MenIsTheBest View Post
    Terre d' Hermes suitable for my age? How about there sillage and longevity?
    Sure. If you're comfortable wearing it, that's all that matters. I wear Terre d'Hermes just fine (I'm 30). Lasts a good while especially the EDP version.

Well i dunno if i can afford an edp(terre) since i m planning to get 2 frags.

I think i ll be going for guerlain vetiver(for office).

But i m not very sure between vca ph and m7 (for evenings).

Try 1 million, this is my long-laster (6~7 hours with silage)

And try anything from Jacques Bogart, specially Silver Scent and Bogart Pour Homme, its much more youthful than One Man Show and Bogart Classic (also powerhouses)

Unfortunately i dint find 1 million very long lasting on my skin

Quote Originally Posted by A*MenIsTheBest View Post
    7) Montale-Black Aoud ( Is it suitable for my age???)
    9) Quorum ( Is it suitable for my age???)
    I'd think it would be easier for a college-age guy to wear something a bit outside the mainstream like Black Aoud. Quorum might be a bit more difficult, but one or two sprays under the shirt should be noticeable all day without calling your maturity into question.

l'Anarchiste and Yatagan aren't sillage monsters, but something deep in the base notes demands attention while still being coworker-friendly.

So i guess issey miyake ph, quorum and black aoud are outta my list for now.

I wonder if issey miyake ph intense is any better than original? Howz that for office frag?

I'd go with Black Aoud

Finally tested kouros on my skin. Great longevity and sillage. But I'd say my nose is not mature enough to appreciate the powerhouse.

I wish the modern frags were as long lasting and projecting as the 80's powerhouses...

New York PdN

Blog Entries

Tom for for men is long lasting on me

The sad truth (from my experience) is that for "modern"-ish fragrances there are very few longevity/sillage monsters. I think you have most of the bases covered with 1 Million, Joop, Fleur de Male and Le Male. Allure Homme Sport/Edition Blanche are decent. Perhaps give Creed Aventus a go. A*men is good, but sits a bit strange on my skin. Body Kouros/Rochas man are quite average.

I will be following this thread closely, as I have the same question as you.

I have all of the fragrances you have listed minus the Van Cleef & Arpels. All of the fragrances you have listed will do a good job but here's something I've realised. Having a scent project miles off of you is not a particularly good thing. Yes, we all want to be noticed for our good scents (no pun intended) but it's the intimate moments that are most rewarding. Truth is, unless you are unusually good looking, exceedingly few women will actually have the courage to stop you in the street and comment on your scent. It rarely happens!

On another note, Dior Homme Intense is gorgeous and L'eau D'Issey Intense is weaker than the original but smells better IMO.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

body kouros

I tested M7 and vca ph recently.
    M7: It had nice longevity and sillage but it did smell like cough syrup to me. So its outta my list for sure.
    VCA PH : Amazing fragrance. Now i know why such frags are called POWERHOUSES. But i guess i am too young to wear it.
    I wish there was a tester for tsar in the shop

Can any one tell me about the sillage and longevity of Dior homme intense and Tsar?

Un profumo affettuoso

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'd go with Black Aoud
    Totally agree. Someone recently told me you could buy a bottle and pass it on to your grand-children in 30 years time... - it's so strong - one drop is enough!

You need a sillage monster and incredible longevity??
    Try Lapidus pour homme...2 spritz...
    Its inexpensive and last forever
    Good Luck!!

Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

Out of the 60+ scents I own and the 160+ samples I've tested, it's the strongest stuff I've come across.

I would be careful with the projection monsters for the office. Many people don't like strong scents in the office, and with your age and lack of tenure (I assume) you will probably be known as the "cologne guy". You want something classy, unoffensive, but makes you feel confident. I would say you should look at Chanel Platinum Egoiste and at the very most Terre D'Hermes.

I ve recently got a bottle of grey flannel... its a beautiful fragrance for a regular office day (if used wisely :P)...
    I also tried:
    1. Terre d hermes - Fell in love with it...the edt version did last a decent amount of time...Wonder if edp is really long lasting compared to edt???
    2. Dior Homme Intense - Nice to have but i guess it has lots of chocolate juz like A*Men...
    3. Quorum - Great fragrance but i'd prefer grey flannel over it...

I'm 23 and quite like monster/powerhouse/mature scents also.
    Big fan of VC&A pH/Quorum/Kourous. Terre D Hermes and M7 are modern beasts.
    Have you considered Creed - Bois du Portugal (old school), Le Labo Oud 27 (modern niche), or Narciso Rodriguez for Him (modern desgner)?
    Last edited by mrfresh; 18th February 2011 at 11:12 AM.
    Hosting an *off-site* split on wikisplits for Sycomore. I am in Canada but in an attempt to improve foreign relations, this split is now International!!!

There have been offers made on 175ml of the 200ml bottle which means 25ml is open. There is the option for (under breath) 25ml.

Get your hands on an amazing fragrance in an affordable size at an incredible discount. Join the site if so inclined also, you are most welcome!

Contact me with any questions.

Canadians, follow this link to sign up for an off-site bottle swap/split marketplace!

http://perfumecanada.forumotion.com/

by Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses is pretty strong with both sillage and longevity. Potent stuff imo

Get - Grey Flannel its relatively in-expensive - fits your bill + profile - good for all seasons BUT sample it first as its a love or hate relationship.