Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Platinum Egoiste or Chanel Allure Homme Sport?

just the normal comparison/opinion thread.

Which one is "better", which one gets more compliments, projection?, longevity? , occasions, ect

Default Re: Chanel Platinum Egoiste or Chanel Allure Homme Sport?

My pick:
    Chanel PE: Refined, masculine and classy.
    Projection: moderate
    Longevity: I get 6hrs.

My pick:
    AHS: Casual, Super versatile, hard not to be liked
    Projection: decent, very decent at best
    longevity: 9-10 on my skin.
    Citrus top with vanilla ish drydown, solid. I personally can't pass PE's top notes although people mention everything after is what makes PE so great.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

Blog Entries

Of the two I like Platinum Egoiste more, but I like Edition Blanche better than either one.

Platinum Egoiste

I love both. My significant other despises the top notes of PE. But I rather think PE has a super fresh opening.

She loves AHS. I get her to smell PE when I put it on and all she says is 'NO!'.

AHS does have better longevity too.

Sur la Plage

I find them both equally dreadful.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I find them both equally dreadful.
    dude. dont take this the wrong way but ive never heard u say anything good about any fragrance lol

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    dude. dont take this the wrong way but ive never heard u say anything good about any fragrance lol
    I like A*Men and Pure Malt.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I like A*Men and Pure Malt.
    haha there we go buddy!!!

haha yeah but i understand ur taste. youve prolly been smelling frags and have a much more "experienced nose" then I, causing you to easily become bored. totally understand

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    haha there we go buddy!!!

haha yeah but i understand ur taste. youve prolly been smelling frags and have a much more "experienced nose" then I, causing you to easily become bored. totally understand
    Don't trust him too much. I hear he likes Sables...

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

haha how interesting, i had both on my arm and i was considering the same thing, which one do i like better.

Well im not sure, PE to me smells like fierce but more smooth and refined. My girlfriend likes both, but says AHS smells more generic. However it smells better on my skin than PE i think. I asked a bunch of SAs at sephora, macy, etc (all female) and they all said they enjoyed AHS more than PE.

just a thought out there, i was about to buy AHS then i decided to slow down. I still have time to decide. Maybe by the end of this thread, i'll be stuck again. thanks johnny.

IMHO girls will prefer AHS by mile but SA that sold me PE said that PE is her favourite Chanel.
    Anyway they are polar oposite.

AHS is sweet, warm and youthfull.
    PE is dry, more masculine and mature.

Versatility is good on both but bit better on PE because I would definitely prefer to wear PE with suit and tie.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

even tho i do like AHS, i feel like im starting to like Platinum Egoiste better everytime i use my sample. I just might have to swap em. Platinum Egoiste gives me a certain confidence and classiness that AHS doesnt

I love Allure Homme Sport's versatility, decent sillage, and longevity (6 hours in cold weather, 8+ hours in warm weather on my skin). I'm 28 and I wear it every other day to work, wearing a dress shirt and tie. Its fruity accord makes my gf tickly down there (that's what she said ).

Platinum Egoiste smells like my Gillette deodorant to me.

I'm assuming you're referring to Allure Homme Sport Edt, not the cologne.

I'm not quite as resolved in my opinion of PE and AHS as petruccijc, but close. To my nose, they both have a synthetic chemical note that pretty much ruins them for me. Very sharp (in a bad way) and acrid. That said, I'm SLOWLY beginning to warm to PE, so I guess if I had to choose, I go for that one.

Sorry, I know there are lots of avid fans of both PE and AHS, but they're not for me.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I have both and prefer Allure Homme Sport

If you're in highschool or college go with Allure Sport. It's a much safer scent for school and things like that. Platinum Egoiste is a stronger, more mature fragrance.

thats for the input guys. id really like to know more of your guys' opinions on the topic..

If it came down to actually splitting with my cold hard cash for it, it would be Platinum Egoiste.

I know that it has it's haters out there and usually you find that those who hate PE love the original Egoiste.

I personally like them both along with everything Chanel has released for men. IMO they cover every possible scent occasion with just a handful of them.

I even like Bleu de Chanel. It is new but I find it a little similar in notes to the "Allure Homme" range, the only one of which Im not too keen on is AHS for the simple reason that I find it way too overpowering. It lacks the reserve of Edition Blanche and its like the original Allure Homme on steroids. Also I feel it is very much pushed to a younger age group.

If you really couldn't make up your mind you could try Allure Homme Sport Cologne (not EDT) it's slightly lighter and better than AHS in my opinion.

You could stuff them all and try Antaeus? Or from a different brand Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Cipresso di Toscana is like a more rounded Platinum Egoiste to my nose but lacks the longevity of the Chanel.
    The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away

Cool Re: Chanel Platinum Egoiste or Chanel Allure Homme Sport?

Chanel Allure Homme(the original) superior to both AHS and PE

I have both. I have received more compliments from Allure Homme Sport. I feel that Platinum Egoiste is more classy of a scent, it kind of resembles a less sweeter/more mature version of Abercrombie fierce. Platinum Egoiste, smells great, but it smells like a typical synthetic scent. Both can be worn in any season. I prefer Sport, but both are pretty versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    just the normal comparison/opinion thread.

Which one is "better", which one gets more compliments, projection?, longevity? , occasions, ect