Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How would you describe your personal style?

Short and sweet, or write an essay, if you like! What is your style all about, and how, if at all, does it relate to your fragrance wardrobe? Do you match with your fragrances, mismatch, or view the two as completely separate?

Mine is ladylike, vulgar, anachronistic and almost parodically feminine, but also slightly on the queer side. I probably look "costumey" to many people. I feel "costumey" wearing jeans and a t-shirt, but not in a 50's suit with heels, gloves and hat.

I vary wildly between coordinating fragrance with outfit, deliberately mismatching them to mix up a sartorial message that feels too one-dimensional, and completely disconnecting the two. I wouldn't say that I choose fragrances after what I wear, rather that in one sense, fragrance is an integral part of my style. It's also far more than that.

Default Re: How would you describe your personal style?

Mine is generally quite business-like, or, at least, (hopefully) quite professional and "mature", with certain degrees of variety ranging from casual to semi-formal and formal. Even if it sounds weird, I try to find a balance (don't know if I succeed though) between the very clean-cut, no-nonsense and even slightly Old-School on the one hand and the slightly Bohemian (although Bohemian in a more dandified, rather than non-consumerist, shockingly provocative manner), slightly extravagant (again, leaning far more towards extravagance in luxuries, rather than in peculiarities) on the other.

My ideal wardrobe would probably consist of a vast selection of suits and various other business attires, while trying too avoid too casual or sporty clothes as much as possible. But the latter category would include, if I would buy sporty attires massively, the high-end part of this fashion segment (possibly Lacoste, Burberry, La Martina etc.) not out of snobbery, far more because of wishing to "look classy even while relaxing/working out". All this being said, I generally tend to stick to the more established fashion styles, e.g. suits, jeans, dress-shirts, polo shirts in very conservative colors, while still liking to slightly "upgrade" them with a e.g. a tie, a scarf, almost any other accessory of a more unusual color/pattern. But my main ideal is to remain, even if it may sound a bit conceited and dated, as "gentlemanly" as possible, however with more playful, trendy or showy "twist" (nothing too fancy, edgy or outrageous though).

Also, at times I like to dress very functional, utilitarian and inconspicuous, yet other times I like to pay extreme attention to detail and be slightly overdressed even for no particular reason/occasion. And fragrance, by the way, is just a very versatile component of my outfit. This is why I like to keep a permanent supply of pretty diversified frags in my wardrobe, so that I can literally "wear whatever I like", be it a scent which is in (almost) perfect balance with the most casual or most formal clothes and frags which are in total (deliberate) imbalance in relation to my outfit. There are times when I simply like to follow the general rule: more light, aquatic, citrus frags go well with more casual attire, summer wear, heavier ones with more formal wear, more neutral ones with the workplace attire etc., and yet other times when I either deliberately or unconsciously break these rules, picking out a fragrance more "unsuitable" to the outfit.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Laid-back, but able to intensely focus on a task or problem and prone to immerse myself totally into a pursuit or hobby I find entertaining. I wear scrubs to work, jeans, sport shirt and sneakers whenever possible but will suit up for the occasion. I (now) drive a Prius mostly within speed limits, love telling and hearing good jokes, consider frags an important part of my life that I didn't know I was missing pre-Basenotes and I wear frags without much consideration as to what clothes I am wearing with what scent.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Institution

My personal style is quite minimalist in dress and hair.I'm a fan of ' less is more' and I will never be seen in anything with frills because I look plain silly. Though scent wise I love my bold dramatic chypres and florals. So I'm not a minimalist with scent eg J C Ellena's style.Perfume is a deeply personal choice to me and I choose scents that 'move' me and feel strongly about ( most of the time! )

I'm not a ' girlie girl ' type at all though I'm very particular about good grooming. Heels ( 2.5 inches or more ) are all I own apart from my shoes for exercise - not owning a single pair of flats or any shoes that are black in color. They're all nude ,beige and other colors. That's it I think...... BUT I love my jewelry (don't wear them much anymore though! I adore pearls ! )

All my workout clothes are black in color for ease of laundry.

I have to admit I love a good joke and a laugh . I suffer from terrible toilet humor - once a nurse ALWAYS a nurse , no matter what else you do in life! I can be very gross at times.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Less is more, less things but more expensive pieces(or something i find better quality). And for all in the world, never wear anything remotely billboard. Really disliking those gastly logos like Ralph Lauren, Lacoste Burberry you name it. Rather wear something subtle like swaine adeney briggs if i would be purchasing something really expensive.

Hmm. I would say that I more or less dress like an architect/AD/fashion business person.

Most of my wardrobe is black, supplemented with navy, grey, cream, white and some brown; all solid colours, except for a few striped sweaters. I prefer simple classics and "classics with a twist" in high quality. I like to build my wardrobe on basics that will last for years. My philosophy is to focus on true classics and more unusual pieces that won't easily be dated, because they were never trendy to begin with.

I mostly like my fragrances animalic, spicy, resinous, warm, rich; byzantine practically.
    Last edited by tott; 27th November 2010 at 12:38 PM.

Welcome, karinasturtz!

I'm an inveterate wearer of black. I love layers, textures and interesting detailing. I tend to the scruffy side, as much by inclination as by necessity but love the opportunity to dress up.

Fragrance is my jewellery.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

a stubble or more on face
    unkempt or very short hair on head
    never a suit
    sweaters denims leather jacket etc.

not really sophisticated.
    scents I wear vary though. from jasmine oil to butch powerhouses.

It changes, i try to keep it clean, classic.

I will never wear flip-flops.

Basenotes Plus

I mix and match but prefer to keep things classic as it is timeless, or give it a more contemporary twist by paying attention to little details incl. cuts, textures, patterns, colors & accessories. I favor the 'preppy' look, dressing in layers as temperature varries from 30 deg C outside to 16 deg C air-conditioned indoors (yeah, a stupid waste of energy). Jackets, vests, sweaters, V-necks, half-turtles, scarves, ties, hats and fragrances are all integral components of the sartorial makeup.

I'd rather look overdressed that than be under-dressed. This is something many of the T-shirts, bermudas and flip-flops brigade just can't seem to understand. Often, all it takes is a trilby to up the style factor a couple of notches. With more experience it will be easier to become 'effortlessly stylish' instead of getting stuck in the 'trying-too-hard' mode that many beginners find themselves in.

I like technical but understated design. Black or grey outerwear with lots of subtle detail. Nice boots, comfortable but expensive trousers, knits or button ups, utilitarian and linear. Frag-wise I feel like my style suits things like Black Tourmaline or Greylands, but I find these somewhat lacking. Conversely I really like Oud 27.
    Last edited by Kenny Log Ins; 30th November 2010 at 01:36 AM.

Well, when I used to work in cosmetics I was always impeccably groomed, scented and always dressed very elegantly. I adored Chanel, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Donna Karan, Cacharel, etc... I always enjoyed being very well put together, never wearing black or rather wearing (maybe) a black skirt. I always opted for navy or gray as my neutral color. I love my Chanel shoes and Bally also, both very comfortable; 2" or less for heel height, I am tall enough (thank heavens)
    For down time I always wore Petit Bateau shirts with simple skirts and flats or sandals. I also loved Ralph Lauren Polo Saturday Jeans, which are now long discontinued.

Now, since I do not work, I wear a lot of slacks made out of Jersey. They are comfortable, moderately casual and fit many social situations perfectly. Could not see myself shopping in Wholefoods wearing a Dior skirt-suit, nor a Chanel outfit. For shoes I usually wear my Clarks sandals in the warmer months and LL Bean Maryjane moccasins in the cooler months and my hiking boots also.

I do miss dressing up and presenting myself, but really have no excuse to do it. I gave almost all of my nice clothes to Good Will, hoping they will help someone else.
    I still have my Chanel loafers, but really never wear them, I also still have my favorite Bally slingbacks, which I love, but again rarely have need to wear.

The one thing thought that remains the same is my lingerie. I will always have and use the best French lingerie; Lejaby, Simone Perelle, Aubade, Elixir, Lise Charmel, Passionata, Huit and Chantelle. just because I have no need of "dressing" up on the outside, i can at least be "well dressed" foundation-wise.

I guess overall, I am now a casual-comfort styled person. Never thought that would happen, but c'est la vie.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

This is a fun thread! I'm enjoying reading everyone's responses.

My basic uniform is a great-fitting pair of jeans, killer boots, a camisole and a pretty sweater, usually in a body-conscious shape and a solid color. I love sweaters. It takes me a couple years to get on board with certain clothing trends. I've been wanting a different silhouette, though, so I worked the skinny jeans in last year and this year I'm wearing a lot of leggings. Most my stuff is mix & matchable. I'm real picky about prints and usually reserve those for dresses (which I don't wear much, except in summer) and coats. I'm a sucker for a good coat. I'm not terribly creative in the clothing department but I love finding cute shoes and purses. I'm 5'3", so I like being up there in 3 inchers or higher. Regarding both-- black does not go with everything. As for jewelry, I like big chandelier earrings, silver hoops, and bracelets. I'm not really into necklaces, but I do have a cameo from DH last Christmas that I wear a lot. I always wear either my garnets or aquas in my second piercings, unless I'm wearing my glasses-- then I don't wear any jewelry (except for wedding ring and watch. Oh yes, I always wear a watch.) Too much business around the face. My makeup is always a neutral palette in which I play up my eyes, (they need it) but sometimes the day just calls for a good red lip. My toes are always painted. My hair is in a long, layered cut that looks decent with an air-dry and no product (but you'd better believe I'm going to dye when the grays get uncontrollable!) I guess I like to look the best I can with as little effort on my part as possible.
    Oh, flip-flops! A couple of you have mentioned them. Count me among those who just won't do it. I have a pair I wear when I'm cleaning the shower. They're a lazy copout to actually matching your shoes with your outfit and should never be worn with dresses. Never.

I'm a serious and goal-oriented person. I choose my words carefully-- anything worth saying is worth taking the time to say it. (My DH says I'm like an Ent.) Because of this, writing feels much more natural to me than speaking, unless I'm talking with my dad, who is also an Ent.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 29th November 2010 at 06:44 PM.

I keep editing, so I'll just make a new post! My fume is definitely the most extravagant part of my style. I don't feel it matches up with the rest of my style at all, rather the music I listen to, if anything. I do like the idea of a signature (or two or three) and my wearings over the past few months heavily favor three specific fumes.

Basenotes Institution

Love all the great posts !
    Agreed re. flip flops- I will never ever wear them . Crocs too - big no- nos for me.

Crocs are absolutely hideous! I cannot stand those things and flip flops are fine but, not when girls wear it with EVERYTHING in the summer.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I'd rather look overdressed that than be under-dressed. This is something many of the T-shirts, bermudas and flip-flops brigade just can't seem to understand. Often, all it takes is a trilby to up the style factor a couple of notches. With more experience it will be easier to become 'effortlessly stylish' instead of getting stuck in the 'trying-too-hard' mode that many beginners find themselves in.
    Yes! I'm also frequently slightly overdressed, but not to the point where it becomes gauche or even a little rude. In general I had far rather dress the way I want and provide people around me with some mild entertainment, eye candy or however they see it, than try to to blend in - I don't do that very well anyway. I get a lot of compliments, but I get the occasional giggle and evil eye too, and I'm fine with that.

I'd rather see people trying too hard than phoning it in, I think, points for effort is better than safe and boring. There is much to be said for effortless stylishness, although I really think that's more about how you wear your clothes than the clothes themselves.

My style would be described as trendy and very much "girly girl". I love keeping up with the latest fashions, but I don't try and force them on myself if they don't fit "me". Sometimes I'm the consummate diva, sometimes I'm laid back and easy and some days I'm earthy or afrocentric. I dress according to how I'm feeling on any particular day, but my look always has a very feminine flair to it.

As for perfumes...they don't fit my style at all. Though I'm very feminine, I don't care for overly feminine fragrances. I don't at all like fruity scents, and I don't like one-dimensional florals. I generally stay away from florals, but if I do wear them they have to be paired with some other notes that are more earthy. I adore amber and other resinous/boozy scents. I'm a huge fan of oriental frags. Basically, the edgier the better.

Blog Entries

In Summer Hippie Bohemian with flowing pheasant skirts embordered tunics colorfull

In Full and winter More Conservatively with lots of sweaters tweed skirts plaid skirts
    mostly somber colors like grey black dark green and few earth colors

and my style is a cross to casual hippie for around the house
    to Mod beatnik librarian when going out somewhere nice in cold weather.

I love the style of the 1930s and early 40s. I wear ties to work and on other social occasions because I like them. In the winter I wear fedoras because they keep me warm, and look great. My style heros are William Powell and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. I think most men today dress hideously, and I blame women because if they didn't go along with it, men would dress better. I am bemused when women try to look very nicely dressed and guys wear bowling shirts and baseball caps (preferably backwards). Men are generally lemmings and would rather be dead than individuals. The crude electronics and sports ethos is boring. I would like to have a better sense of my own style of casual dress, but that's my weak suit. Aha! When I can I buy bespoke. I have done so in London and NYC. Dress down for me is a cashmere sports coat either with a sweater and ascot or a tie in some challengingly rakish color combinations. I love it. Fragrance and clothes go together. Lately, I have been more into shoes, and this also has not been a strong suit for me. But with the in put from some friends, I realize how important shoes are. Men who wear square-toed shoes should be field goal kickers. They look hideous. After all this, I bet you made certain assumptions. Wrong. I am straight, married for 20 years and a proud dad. I also hate stereotyping. I have no prejudices except against men who don't wear cuffs on their trousers.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpinett View Post
    Yes! I'm also frequently slightly overdressed, but not to the point where it becomes gauche or even a little rude. In general I had far rather dress the way I want and provide people around me with some mild entertainment, eye candy or however they see it, than try to to blend in - I don't do that very well anyway. I get a lot of compliments, but I get the occasional giggle and evil eye too, and I'm fine with that.

I'd rather see people trying too hard than phoning it in, I think, points for effort is better than safe and boring. There is much to be said for effortless stylishness, although I really think that's more about how you wear your clothes than the clothes themselves.
    I agree with your post. I'm 99 % of the time dressed the way I want to be dressed - that is ..... Slightly over dressed. Yes, generally at the food store I'm the only one in heels and a dress but that's how I am,I guess.

"Dress cute wherever you go, life is too short to blend in." Paris Hilton

May I commit a social and behavioral indiscretion if I acknowledge what has always been obvious in my life? Namely, that I have now and I always had an an immense admiration for overdressed ladies and gents.

Basenotes Institution

Me too, V / Ken_Russell! There is little better than seeing a well dressed man or woman - one who has put in effort and not flopping around in baggy ill fitting shorts and flip flops,looking like a zombie.

That is what I see around me here in this part of the world every dya and I admit- it annoys me somewhat. ( My Pet Grievance.... I really dislike seeing people wearing flip flops and walking aorund with them ,half off their feet ,so they are dragging thier feet around, making a 'flapping' sound as they walk. " Lift your feet ! " )

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I'm M.S.C. … Martha Stewart Casual.

Crocs? For gardening, yes, along with a gigantic sun-blocking hat and garden gloves.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Well for right now I just wear whatever I can. I only really shop at Express. It's a step above where most of my peers shop (Pac Sun. American Eagle, Aeropostale, etc.), but isn't TOO pricey. For the longest time I thought fashion was something you had to read in a magazine, until I found out that it really is about your own style. That is until I heard the term "fashion victim" and found that it's someone who mindlessly follows fads and gets all of their ideas out of magazines. Who knew! This was a sort of turning point for me.

If I had to describe my style.. well, I couldn't. I'd imagine I'd wear all kinds of stuff. You should see my music collection : I almost feel like I'm 10 people in one sometimes . But yes, here's a couple of looks I'd wear in about 8 seconds if I could.

Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 11th December 2010 at 06:18 PM.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

casual clothing , jeans and T-shirt , with a mix between fashion and sporty style ,brown or black colours , maybe in summer more coloured,
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Euro preppy-hippy vintage.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I always try to be be stylish ahead of 'trendy' when I buy clothes, ie I'd rather spend money on a timeless classic, with slight details for the current trends, than buy something bang on trend but will be out of fashion next year. That being said I have liked the military trend over the past two seasons, but unfortunately can see that falling out.

So at the moment military/urban with a little bit of preppy
    Call me George, my Mum does!
    Looking for bottles/large decants: A&F Fierce, Hollister Jake, Platinum Egoiste, L'instant de Guerlain. PM me

I can identify with the styles below, and when given the opportunity, dress in a similar manner.

Keywords: Navy / industrial / rock

I tend towards black/greys/blues/whites/marles in my wardrobe.
    I like to layer clothes and prefer silhouettes cut close to the body.
    Casual/relaxed with a sense of military/industrial/rock swimming just under the surface.

Invariably skinny, extremely fitted clothes. Either understated solids (less is more!) with a curve ball thrown in (usually a chic, brightly colored or patterned scarf), or I go all the way with vibrant colors and patterns (an eyefuck, but I've been told it brightens days). Not as avant garde as some (I'm thinking Demeulemeester), though if I had that kind of money to blow, I would...

Classic executive look.

Like a thug.

Classic and somewhat retro. I feel a lot more comfortable in fitted dresses than in jeans. I wear a lot of black and dark colors.
    When I work, it's usually black leggings, boots and something oversize on top.
    If I am in the outdoors, I invariably wear sunglasses and a hat.

Jeans only
    Sport shoes only
    Nothing with big logos like RL

In general very sport, like Steve Jobs look.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

probably one part americana (workwear), one part trad/prep, and one part military. Where I'm moving towards is more like a Lindberg/MMM look.
    I generally wear solid colors, everything has to fit 'cleanly', and i do a lot of layers.

my standard daily casual wear is chucks, nudie slim jim's, a polo t-shirt and a cardigan or sweater. + scarf and peacoat.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Thumbs up Re: How would you describe your personal style?

Very British style ( love Hackett, Turnbull & Asser, Hilditch & Key), Italian shoes ( Ferragamo, Bally, Magli ) , a Spanish brand, Lotusse, for more casual shoes, but also lots of jeans and some clothes "avan-garde, depending on my mood
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I like colorful shirts, whether dress or casual. Generally, I stay away from plaids. Comfort means a great deal to me.

Lately I feel like I'd be happy with a kind of a Cayce Pollard wardrobe, just the same thing over and over. I found a button-up shirt on Old Navy that came in the magical small-tall size with long enough sleeves and the waist landing in the right place and the buttons perfectly placed, and bought one in every color they had. I wear these with (usually black) pants from Express or Gap to work, and very good shoes (but that is because I'm 9.5 narrow so it's either good shoes or old lady shoes), high heel pumps most days, feel like that's my 'style' for work. I do have one dress, it's sort of like the outfits, gray with button top empire waist. Plain but very flattering.

Jeans usually when not at work, solid color t-shirt, I've not been as lucky with casual shoes, but usually wear one pair of sneakers for a long time (since I don't bust out of them with the narrow feet, they last till there are holes in the bottoms).

When feeling showoff-y I wear sleeveless black top with jeans as I have tattoos.

In general I try to limit the size of the clothing wardrobe, and simplify it, and try to have great hair, good skin and makeup, stay thin and healthy, those things matter more to me appearance-wise. I don't care much about clothes but try to keep them looking good enough that it's not totally obvious that I don't care about clothes

My shoes probably cost more than everything else put together, actually.

Adding: For dress-up events, I generally find a very simple but good fitting dress for very little $ (they have ranged from $15 to $30 over the last 10 years) but buy the shoes I want. It irks me to spend money on dresses when I hardly ever wear them, and better ones just don't seem to look enough better on me to justify it. Work clothes have to hold up to a lot more use and washing so I do spend more on those.
    Last edited by Robin-in-FL; 31st January 2011 at 12:36 PM.

Hillaire

How did I miss this awesome thread! I absolutely love reading about all of your styles! And it's so interesting to see how many other 'over-dressers' there are, who are also perfume-lovers!

In my casual personal arena, I tend toward the Berlin post-punk existentialist, all-in-black, slim fit look. (My mother tells me I have cultivated the 'Lacanian look' of Paris.) But for work, I dress more soberly -- in slim skirts and hose and heels -- not to appear too Bohemian or outre to my clients, many of whom are of the straight-up, conservative parvenu class. Always in black, though, with occasional bits of grey and white. I love scarves and turtlenecks, and have a dozens of black scarves in wonderful textures. Other than that and the occasional string of pearls, I avoid adornment.

I find I am more 'dressed' than my friends at most social events; mostly since I love make-up and heels: "Oh my! You look so nice!" I often hear as a euphemism for 'Everyone else is in jeans!'. I am delighted to say my boyfriend is another dress-up guy, though in the English academic, old-school way. It's oh-so-nice to go out with him and look nice and smell good together.

fountain

extremely plain

Un profumo affettuoso

I hardly ever wear jeans or pants ... - I adore skirts, dresses, long, floating coats ... - boho-style, vivid, bold colours, silk scarfs, shawls etc. of all kinds, grafic patterns, flowery patterns ... I never wear business-style or preppy clothes...I want my clothes to be inimitable, personal, ecclectic and laid-back - many of the things I wear are self-designed and self-made (by myself or creative friends of mine). It's a mix and match of vintage, designer, self-made etc. - but not a girly-style at all.
    Probably as idiosyncratic as my choice of fragrances ... - but a lot of fun.

Wide range for me. I went to a small, Catholic school growing up, well-stocked with arrogant a-holes who had no business being in a religious school. Mean remarks about my clothes - really, just ordinary kids stuff - made me grow up to be Mr. Has Clothes For Every Occasion. So it's Brooks Brothers for dressy business, stylish jeans and sportcoats for regular business days, and after hours I'm mostly in jeans and flannel shirts, shorts and t-shirts in the summer. Mrscologneguy and I are both shoes-addicted, and proud of it. And don't get me started about always wanting to smell nice.

I'm more about correct, nice quality clothes than show-offy looks. But now and then I pull out all the stops. Last night I went to a black tie event. Yes, I own a nice tux. Within about 20 minutes I splashed red wine on my nice tux shirt. So there - well-dressed, and still highly capable of looking like an idiot.

I couldn't agree more: flip flops are not streetwear. Certainly not office wear. Crocs - ick, so hideous. Glad that fad seems to be going away.

Un profumo affettuoso

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post

I couldn't agree more: flip flops are not streetwear. Certainly not office wear. Crocs - ick, so hideous. Glad that fad seems to be going away.
    Yeah... crocs...absolutely hideous. Weren't they designed for work in the garden and pottering in the shed?

Quote Originally Posted by Un profumo affettuoso View Post
    Yeah... crocs...absolutely hideous. Weren't they designed for work in the garden and pottering in the shed?
    I've read that Crocs are popular with surgeons, because they can be easily hosed off when things get messy. Eeeek!! Fashion rule: avoid shoes that need to be hosed off, not polished.

I tend to wear comfortable clothes when im not out like hoodies/laid back clothes. But when i go out i try to pull off a sophisticated look,i'll wear my Perry Elise Pea Coat with a flat hat and a turtle neck shirt and put on whichever cologne i think suites my expectations.

When I am at home I like wearing just my underwear briefs. When I go out I put on shoes. sometimes a watch.

I like to mix it up...dress down with a nice pair of jeans and a t-shirt...I also like wearing nicer shoes/watches,etc...when I go to dinner. I don't go to bars/clubs, so I only dress nicely for church or a nice night out with my wife or friends..

Blog Entries

Best way to describe my personal style? Liam Gallagher.

SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

This coat looks nice would anybody recommend it to me thax men or woman http://www.amazon.com/BGSD-Mens-Hood...=2D9DZ0E9NUMG7

Basenotes Member

Boring. I'm an engineer for a good size company, so dress pants/shirt is the standard fare. Never very expensive, as im always cutting/grinding/breaking/greasing something, and I don't make enough to just throw 300 dollar shirts away on a whim. Short hair, neatly combed. I shave daily. I buy quality jewelry, but never flashy. I find ways to mix it up or add a splash of color just to separate myself from the rest, but yeah, boring. Outside of work isn't much better....jeans and a polo do me just fine! I'm done chasing skirt (so my wife tells me...), so being presentable but comfortable is about all I shoot for.

I am wierd cross of a rock star from the 70s, a businessman and a creative director...if that make sense....No particular style...
    Informal (95% of the time) jeand or courderoy, t-shirts and informal shirts, velvet or courderoy jackets
    Formal (5%) classic dark suit with tiny stripes, striped light shirt and usually put fun with tie and cufflinks.
    Lately i am very fond of "classic patterned" things like pied-de-poule or Prince of Wales....
    Some pics to exemplify....ME in very different situations...including my wedding!

n524895636_3872752_627.jpgcamara lau 1055.jpgcamara lau 682.jpg100_3295.jpgPablo1_2.JPGChandon Martes (134).JPGcamara lau 644.jpg_MG_0220.jpglaangelina_chandon_231008_0006.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    I am wierd cross of a rock star from the 70s, a businessman and a creative director...if that make sense....No particular style...
    Informal (95% of the time) jeand or courderoy, t-shirts and informal shirts, velvet or courderoy jackets
    Formal (5%) classic dark suit with tiny stripes, striped light shirt and usually put fun with tie and cufflinks.
    Lately i am very fond of "classic patterned" things like pied-de-poule or Prince of Wales....
    Some pics to exemplify....ME in very different situations...including my wedding!
    What a gorgeous family!

Thankyou!!!! indeed...my wife and doughter are the best of the best!!!!! i feel blessed.
    cheers

Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    It seems that you hide a dandy heart inside you, Pablo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    My personal style is quite minimalist in dress and hair.I'm a fan of ' less is more'
    same here

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

casually goth (for lack of a better word), tastefully done (at least that's what I think). casual but not like a ratty old t-shirt and jeans is casual. Casual like friday at an office job is casual compared to the other days. Without the tie and unbuttoned a little bit maybe (this isn't literally how i dress, I mean as an analogy). You wouldn't think I was goth if you saw me outside of the clubs or bars, but without changing anything, I could walk into a club and you would find that I magically transition perfectly. I don't play to the conventions but you could probably see my goth side despite that.

I don't just wear black either. I dress nothing like it but I've often used the color diversity you can find in the pre-raphaelites as inspiration to challenge the fashion expectations of that subculture. I aim for a casual and versatile style that is appropriate for my home, my broad range of friends, the duties of life and my interests, killing all kinds of birds with one stone. I use shades of red, white, blue, dark purple, gray and black. No other colors (no pastels, no earth tones, etc. it all looks bad on me). I like the white and red color combination most of all. I also like predominant blue with complimentary white and red.
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 10th March 2012 at 08:44 AM.

I dress combi style. A few days a week suit and shirt and tie, a few days a week sporty casual style, and then some days in between this

I prefer Eton & Stenström shirts, Armani & Boss suits (or taylor made) and coats, polo shirts from Ralph Lauren, Lacoste & Prada, pants/jeans from Armani, Boss & Acne, shoes/boots from Lloyd, Brooks Bros & Timberland, turtlenecks and roll neck from John Smedley & Ralph Lauren and underwear from Björn Borg & Emporio Armani.

Fitness & tennis cloths are Nike from top to bottom

My style is safe, elegant and a bit boring when I dress in suit, but colorful and trendy when i dress down - sort of like a Chanel Allure Homme frag one day and an YSL frag the otherbday; but I still dress better than 98% of the male Danish population !
    The 2% that dress better are either designers, Dandy's or gays - or all 3 things in one
    Last edited by CHSeifert; 10th March 2012 at 09:15 AM.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

Slightly off-topic reply to our thread starter Pimpinett, though this post mine would have been equally appropriate (or even more so) on the "Let's talk watches thread", I would take the liberty to post some watch pics which may be in tune with your style, since I have noticed you like Art Deco inspired watches.

Enjoy!