Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: How would you describe your personal style?

My style is mostly the (much) less financially blessed version of Totokaelo's Looks on someone much shorter and stumpier than their attractive model -- minimalist, neutral colours with a lot of black, inclining to androgynous, and with a liking for asymmetric items that don't require ironing. I have a real thing for what Doc Marten has been doing in the last few years, and own a lot of their boots and heels, as well as a few of the less baroque Fluevogs. (I have one of the extremely baroque pairs too, but haven't worn them in at least four years, and plan to sell them when I get around to it.)

My hair changes on impulse, both colour and style, and I have been known to shave it off. My accessories are minimal, mostly the same two plain, large silver rings and sometimes a leather wrap bracelet or two or a scarf or some fingerless sleeves. My fragrance inclinations are the same; I prefer to be a scent monogamist, though I'm fooling around right now. I prefer to have one scent permeating my entire wardrobe and saying "me".

Avant-garde.

A good personality and positive behavior can describe your style and living standard, and wearing simple or decent cloths and accessories help me out to describe my personnel style and it gives me lots of confidence to describe myself.

A typical work outfit: button-up shirt, cardigan, and oxfords. Trousers/jeans and close-toed shoes are required due to laboratory safety regulations. Weekend wear typically includes dresses or shorts with tights; my two favorite accessories are fragrance (of course) and makeup (either a berry-stained lip or grungy eye liner). Right now my favorite looks include vintage florals or leather and lace (never real leather) and I enjoy how the look can either match the fragrance or add contrast. Also, I tend to wear fragrances marketed toward men to work, but during my off time anything goes.
    Currently wearing: Kiss me Tender by Nicolaï

Early eBay, late Ross clearance rack.

Basenotes Member

I'll keep it simple....suits. At least a slim fitted dress shirt with a tie, suit pants and a nice pair of dress shoes pretty much everywhere but sporting events.

I see mention of minimalist in here, I like that description. I'd describe my style as minimalist casual. My favorite day to day outfit is a black long sleeve shirt (or sweatshit / thermal) with slim-fit khaki pants. During the summer it's a black t-shirt and khaki shorts. I'd like to wear some button-downs but haven't found something that fits me nicely. They're either too slim and too short, or too long and too baggy! Ahh. Then again I haven't searched too hard.

I'm 14 and care about how i look unlike most people my age. Nowadays you see people going out in pajamas and wife-beaters. There is absolutely no poise there. I feel you should look your best. Back in the 40's-50's people cared how they looked and wanted to look elegant whenever they went out, that's how I feel. I'm bringing that into my lifestyle. I guess I dress how a costumey 40's-50's man would dress. You know, a button up shirt with a vest and a nice costumey/fancy bow tie. Just one of many examples. If I want to be more laid back, I'll put some black skinnies on with a band T on and maybe throw and unbuttoned vest on. Just some generalizations and examples. The best way to compare my style would be to look at Brendon Urie. I look almost identical to him, hair and all. Kind of like rockabilly meets 40's meets steampunk. My attire does not affect my fragrance wardrobe. I hope you enjoyed!
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee