Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: How would you describe your personal style?

This is the latest piece of clothing I'm interested in.

http://www.spreadshirt.com/slate-oma...-C3376A4258638

My style in one word? "Goodwill."
    Last edited by misscasey; 13th March 2012 at 07:00 PM.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by misscasey View Post
    My style in one word? "Goodwill."
    This made me chuckle!

Hehe. Just bein honest ... I'm po'.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

You're a student, Miss Casey, you won't be po' forever. I have a friend who dresses from thrift shops exclusively (on general principle - she isn't po') and she always looks very well turned out.

I like a clean, classic, unfussy, casual look for myself, a bit preppy but not self consciously so. It just looks best on me. And for better, dressier clothes I like simple clean lines in good quality fabrics and cuts. I really admire dandies and extravagant dressers, however. But I have to be comfortable or I'm miserable - no tight shoes or very high heels or tight clothes or big jangly jewelry. Can't stand to wear all that, but I like to look.

I like a clean, classic, unfussy, casual look for myself, a bit preppy but not self consciously so. It just looks best on me. And for better, dressier clothes I like simple clean lines in good quality fabrics and cuts. I really admire dandies and extravagant dressers, however. But I have to be comfortable or I'm miserable - no tight shoes or very high heels or tight clothes or big jangly jewelry. Can't stand to wear all that, but I like to look.
    I'm pretty much the same way; I couldn't have said it better myself.

Copy from a similar thread

I dress combi style. A few days a week suit and shirt and tie, a few days a week sporty casual style, and then some days in between this

I prefer Eton & Stenström shirts, Armani & Boss suits (or taylor made) and coats, polo shirts from Ralph Lauren, Lacoste & Prada, pants/jeans from Armani, Boss & Acne, shoes/boots from Lloyd, Brooks Bros & Timberland, turtlenecks and roll neck from John Smedley & Ralph Lauren and underwear from Björn Borg & Emporio Armani.

Fitness & tennis cloths are Nike from top to bottom

My style is safe, elegant and a bit boring when I dress in suit, but colorful and trendy when i dress down - sort of like a Chanel Allure Homme frag one day and an YSL frag the otherbday; but I still dress better than 98% of the male Danish population !
    The 2% that dress better are either designers, Dandy's or gays - or all 3 things in one
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

If I had a style icon it would be Jackie O...

Changing dramatically in recent years, from slightly scruffy and fairly colourful, and rarely wearing perfume - to something far more minimalist and classic (but never formal - can't pull it off), and wearing scent every day without fail. At the moment I'm really into grey, which is something of a shock.

In a word, aiming for 'chic'; no idea if that's the look I'm achieving though!

Oh, and I hate crocs, fleeces, football shirts and slippers. Although I accept that these items have a specific (and limited) role to play.

Lets see... I work for myself so I never need to meet a dress code. I stopped shaving because it irritates my skin, I have sideburns and otherwise just use electric clippers to maintain a short stubble, it looks like I haven't shaved in 2 days all the time.

I like blacks, greys and understated colors, nothing too gaudy.

But recently I've been upgrading my wardrobe, looking for quality clothing that is not made in China and also doesn't cost a fortune. I wear jeans or casual trousers with a nice t-shirt or a casual, sporty button down... lately going for more form fitting clothes and pants with lower rises and tapered legs, but stopping short of the emo/hipster/skinny jeans look. I picked up a few pairs of Agave jeans and shirts for 80% off on STP, they are made in the USA. Scored a pair of Hickey Freeman linen trousers for $25 on ebay, made in Italy. It takes patience to find deals but I'm finding 60-80% off is normal if you're willing to look around and don't need the newest releases. Black calfskin leather jacket or Filson wool pea coat in the winter. Sneakers, sandals or nicer casual shoes.... Ferragamo chukkas, Allen Edmonds saddle shoes, classic black leather oxfords. A couple pairs of Simple and Five Ten sneakers. Ecco sandals.

I'm a laid-back easygoing college kid so I dress casually most of the time. Most of the time it's shirt and jean. I'm not very anal about brands.

I dress up much more than other people in my high school. Ill take a collared shirt or a sweater (or both) over a t-shirt most of the time. I'm also pretty colorful, my favorite collared shirt is pastel pink.

I am a pixel style, dress up neutral.

I'd say preppy/smart casual.

Smart casual, I'd say. Sometimes more casual, other times smarter. As I'm starting to get on a bit and recently started to date much more conservative (and rich) women, I will have to move into the smart direction a little more, me thinks.

On a daily basis (excluding weekends) mostly conservative business formal.

Dependent

Fashion rocker.

= mostly blacks or greys with color accents. Beetle boots, loafers, or rocker hightops. Tight fitting pants and Ts with leather jacket or snappy pop collar jacket. Steel and copper accessories, occasionally a pink checkered tie with the T, or suspenders. Hair shaved on one side & spiked on the other, short trimmed beard. Guyliner at the club.

Now you understand why I wear Yatagan.

Dependent

laid back

Definitely clean vintage rebel with a modern touch.

Banned

Somewhat traditional with a dash of panache.

Preppy but subtle + a pinch of sophistication

Clean'll do it.

Hoodies with jeans or cammoes in the winter and shorts and T's in the summer. I'll suit up for an occasion and don't mind wearing some bright colours. But mostly I have an imposing physical presence and an easy going personality that have both been in style far longer than any clothes I have ever owned. The first makes it hard to find high fashion gear and the second makes it seem a little pointless. But I'm comfortable with it.

But lately I been toying with the idea of putting a little steam punk in the mix. Its not like anyone will say anything. And if they do, I'll just laugh it off.

Blog Entries

I have weird taste in clothes. I like Stylish, fitted and tailored, yet with a casual, relaxed feel.
    I love shimmery, glittery, loud, colourful, gaudy, bright, furry, shiny things.
    I'm a big fan of funny t shirts, sexy dresses, tight jeans, and killer heels, yet i am in a period of limbo, having relocated to a place where fashion is almost shunned. So i'm mixing my styles, with some unusual effects.
    My flashy, funky heels coupled with sporting, hiking clothes. A nice long floaty skirt, paired with Bogs Wellies. Long camo cargo fishing pants, worn with New Rock Custom Made Knee Boots. But always the hair, nails, make up, and my delicious aromas are complete. And a huge fan of thrift stores, i like getting things from there, because items are unique, and often vintage. The chances of bumping into someone wearing the same thing as me are somewhat remote.

Banned
    Blog Entries

In terms of clothing:
    Mature, but youthful. Sophisticated, but virile. Not flamboyant, but noticable. Professional, but not preppy.

I dont really have a "style". At times I dress trendy/upscale, teetering on metro sexuality, and at times I wear jeans and a hoodie, or jogging pants. The hardest part is finding clothes long enough or which are not too tight in the back/armpit area. I own custom tailored clothing, but can not afford a completely custom wardrobe.

My maternal grandmother ran a dressmaking business in Tokyo and employed 10 seamstresses. My mother says she never had to wear anything off the rack. So, I grew up being taught about quality of tailoring, detail, textile, style, colour, etc. This means I'm always looking at garments to see how well they are made before I even consider buying them. I don't care if they're designer garments or not, they have to be well made. I have a penchant for vintage and have always combined vintage or antique pieces with my clothes. I love Art Deco jewellery and own a few pieces - being an antiques dealer helps me find unique pieces. I also appreciate contemporary, avant garde and minimalist designs as well.

So, my style? As a teenager, I used to mimic Françoise Sagan and dress in black clothes with a string of pearls around my neck. Now, I would say it's eclectic. The basic colour is black combined with a splash of vivid colours, to which I add a piece of vintage jewellery or a hand beaded scarf. And hats. I love hats. I love them so much that I even took millinery courses and have an advanced certificate. I am so hat obsessed, I am in serious need of a separate room for storing my hats.
    Do happy

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Clean preppy

I've just started building my "style" (necessitated by weight loss) and have found myself gravitating to a clean and modern look. I like well fitting clothing (not skinny/tight but slim. Prefer more minimalist styles (not plain but relatively subdued).

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Dress shabbily and they remember the dress, dress impeccably and they remember the woman-Coco Chanel
    I fell the same as Coco except change the gender and noun. I don't use this with frags, I still wear what I like. Whether feminine or masculine, it's my way off being myself.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I dress business like for work, am known for wearing well kept clothing, well shined shoes, manicured finger nails, well shaven and short hair. Outside of work, I like am pretty much casual but dressy. Oh one more thing, I am well known for always smelling wonderful that is in no small part based on the fabulous information I acquire here on BN. Thank you all.

My style is mostly the (much) less financially blessed version of Totokaelo's Looks on someone much shorter and stumpier than their attractive model -- minimalist, neutral colours with a lot of black, inclining to androgynous, and with a liking for asymmetric items that don't require ironing. I have a real thing for what Doc Marten has been doing in the last few years, and own a lot of their boots and heels, as well as a few of the less baroque Fluevogs. (I have one of the extremely baroque pairs too, but haven't worn them in at least four years, and plan to sell them when I get around to it.)

My hair changes on impulse, both colour and style, and I have been known to shave it off. My accessories are minimal, mostly the same two plain, large silver rings and sometimes a leather wrap bracelet or two or a scarf or some fingerless sleeves. My fragrance inclinations are the same; I prefer to be a scent monogamist, though I'm fooling around right now. I prefer to have one scent permeating my entire wardrobe and saying "me".

Avant-garde.

A good personality and positive behavior can describe your style and living standard, and wearing simple or decent cloths and accessories help me out to describe my personnel style and it gives me lots of confidence to describe myself.

A typical work outfit: button-up shirt, cardigan, and oxfords. Trousers/jeans and close-toed shoes are required due to laboratory safety regulations. Weekend wear typically includes dresses or shorts with tights; my two favorite accessories are fragrance (of course) and makeup (either a berry-stained lip or grungy eye liner). Right now my favorite looks include vintage florals or leather and lace (never real leather) and I enjoy how the look can either match the fragrance or add contrast. Also, I tend to wear fragrances marketed toward men to work, but during my off time anything goes.

Early eBay, late Ross clearance rack.

Basenotes Member

I'll keep it simple....suits. At least a slim fitted dress shirt with a tie, suit pants and a nice pair of dress shoes pretty much everywhere but sporting events.

I see mention of minimalist in here, I like that description. I'd describe my style as minimalist casual. My favorite day to day outfit is a black long sleeve shirt (or sweatshit / thermal) with slim-fit khaki pants. During the summer it's a black t-shirt and khaki shorts. I'd like to wear some button-downs but haven't found something that fits me nicely. They're either too slim and too short, or too long and too baggy! Ahh. Then again I haven't searched too hard.

I'm 14 and care about how i look unlike most people my age. Nowadays you see people going out in pajamas and wife-beaters. There is absolutely no poise there. I feel you should look your best. Back in the 40's-50's people cared how they looked and wanted to look elegant whenever they went out, that's how I feel. I'm bringing that into my lifestyle. I guess I dress how a costumey 40's-50's man would dress. You know, a button up shirt with a vest and a nice costumey/fancy bow tie. Just one of many examples. If I want to be more laid back, I'll put some black skinnies on with a band T on and maybe throw and unbuttoned vest on. Just some generalizations and examples. The best way to compare my style would be to look at Brendon Urie. I look almost identical to him, hair and all. Kind of like rockabilly meets 40's meets steampunk. My attire does not affect my fragrance wardrobe. I hope you enjoyed!
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee