Code of Conduct

Default Youtube Review Thread #78 : Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci : Great Tea Scent/Calming

One of the best Tea based fragrances IMO. Even thought the longevity is spotty and it's projection is none existant this one is still one of my favorites. This is my cup of tea ! (pun intended)

My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Youtube Review Thread #78 : Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci : Great Tea Scent/Calming

I love the top, but I just can't accept the 30 minutes longevity on my skin, not to mention the poor dry-down (at the 30 minute mark before it fades into oblivion). Been looking for a replacement tea scent.

Default Re: Youtube Review Thread #78 : Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci : Great Tea Scent/Calming

oh hey he's back! sup Marc?
    Gotta say you're getting really good at reviewing. This whole thing looks like basically one take and it's solid.

if I already own Bvlgari Black and Tea for Two... and let's say I'm not looking for a big wardrobe, do you think this one is different enough to add?
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 17th November 2010 at 03:50 PM.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    oh hey he's back! sup Marc?
    Gotta say you're getting really good at reviewing. This whole thing looks like basically one take and it's solid.

if I already own Bvlgari Black and Tea for Two... and let's say I'm not looking for a big wardrobe, do you think this one is different enough to add?
    I think if you have Tea for Two then your set, no need to get GPH II IMO. They have the same theme and since T42 is much stronger (longevity/sillage) I would it's the better of the two.

yo. this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but since Marc started this thread, i thought it would be appropriate to say that whole shit. I applied Le Male at 8 30 in the morning, and now here in the bay area at 2 30 in the morning im still smelling it on myself loud and clear.

All hail the holy grail!

but back to the topic at hand,

I have a tough time picking this one up for the simple fact that it has zero projection. i just dont see the use of getting it if noone is going to smell you anyways. and if its an occasion where someone is going to be close enough to smell this anyways, i wouldnt be going with this, id be going for something like Rochas, or La Nuit. If only this had the projection and longevity of its older brother..

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    yo. this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but since Marc started this thread, i thought it would be appropriate to say that whole shit. I applied Le Male at 8 30 in the morning, and now here in the bay area at 2 30 in the morning im still smelling it on myself loud and clear.

All hail the holy grail!
    lol ... I approve this message

People absolutely kill me with this nonsense about GPH2 having poor longevity. I consistently get a full work day with it, and the sillage seems to be typical. I dunno. When my best friend wears it, I smell it on him too. So it's really baffling to see people with longevity issues, for I have none. Love this stuff. If it were not for Amouage Reflection, this would be my favorite fragrance!

to be quite honest, ive never actually tried it on my skin. Im just judging it on the fact that people say its the least projecting fragrance of all time..which is sinful ..i know lol

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    to be quite honest, ive never actually tried it on my skin. Im just judging it on the fact that people say its the least projecting fragrance of all time..which is sinful ..i know lol
    this is not the case. it's on the weaker side, but there are scents I've tried that definitely project less, almost nothing. Try out some of the el cheapo crap at Marshalls and more than a few are complete duds.

I get pretty decent longevity with this one my friends... about 5-6 hours pretty much every time...
    ***Top (favorite) 5 Frags in my Own Personal Collection***
    5. Man Eau Fraiche by Versace
    4. Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana
    3. La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2. Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari
    1. Angel Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

Youtube Fragrance Reviews... with a twist at the end! www.youtube.com/user/jaironhoward
    FOLLOW ME!!! www.twitter.com/JaironHoward

MY WARDROBE: http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/

Yep I get 5 to 6 hours too. I would say its moderate sillage.
    If anything its one of those frags I wear for myself. Its one of my faves thats for certain.

I just find a strong tea note to be boring. Rouge Royal for Men is similar, but without the tea note and with weaker woods, and I prefer this one to GPH2. However, I can certainly see GPH2 having its fans, because it is good if you like the notes, and I too found the longevity to be acceptable, though it does change course quite a bit after the first hour or two (can't remember exactly).

This is one of the very few original fragrances that everybody seems to love. It is an excellent one, and on my wish list.. sits close to the skin, but has pretty good longevity, and has a very calming demeanor.

conebone69

The review mentioned that Gucci Pour Homme II can be had rather cheaply (under $40 for a 3.3 oz if I'm not mistaken). I was wondering where exactly I can find a good deal on this cologne. People have said they see it at discount stores; I have scoured all the Marshalls, TJMaxx's, and Ross's in my area and have yet to see it. It's also out of stock on fragrancenet and not offered by Amazon (when buying from Amazon I only trust things that are sold directly by Amazon). Anywhere else I should look or will I have to settle for the department store price of $57 for a 1.7 oz?

I've pretty much made up my mind on buying this one, but I'd feel somewhat cheated paying full price for it after people keep saying they find great deals on it.

Quote Originally Posted by conebone69 View Post
    The review mentioned that Gucci Pour Homme II can be had rather cheaply (under $40 for a 3.3 oz if I'm not mistaken). I was wondering where exactly I can find a good deal on this cologne. People have said they see it at discount stores; I have scoured all the Marshalls, TJMaxx's, and Ross's in my area and have yet to see it. It's also out of stock on fragrancenet and not offered by Amazon (when buying from Amazon I only trust things that are sold directly by Amazon). Anywhere else I should look or will I have to settle for the department store price of $57 for a 1.7 oz?

I've pretty much made up my mind on buying this one, but I'd feel somewhat cheated paying full price for it after people keep saying they find great deals on it.

I've never seen it under 40 for a 3.3. If you're lucky you can get a 1.7 for under 40.

Here's a pretty good price for a 3.3

http://www.scentmonkey.com/product.php?code=M-2563

The company's legit.

I have positive feeling for this scent. Longevity on me is fine.