Code of Conduct

Default Youtube Review Thread #79 : Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari : A true masterpiece

Bvlgari's latest masterpiece is Black. A unisex fragrance that just mixes some great notes together : tea,rubber,vanilla. Sounds simple and yet it is , but it's a true work of art. Love it as a vanilla & tea fanatic.

My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Youtube Review Thread #79 : Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari : A true masterpiece

On me Bulgari Black is only gasoline smoke...
    =[

Cant feel the vanilla on this one

Default Re: Youtube Review Thread #79 : Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari : A true masterpiece

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    On me Bulgari Black is only gasoline smoke...
    =[

Cant feel the vanilla on this one
    that's so strange, this thing I hate when I wear it is on some occasions all I get is the vanilla , that's when I miss the rubber note
    My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Sur la Plage

It is by far the best fragrance ever put out by the House of Bulgari.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 18th November 2010 at 12:56 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Robes08 View Post
    that's so strange, this thing I hate when I wear it is on some occasions all I get is the vanilla , that's when I miss the rubber note
    Maybe my dry skin eat all the vanilla, and i still with only the smoke...

The vanilla on this one looks like the vanilla on Gaultier2? (excepting Gaultier2 has too much sugar)

Keep the posts coming. Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise. A well though out and presented review is infinitely more valuable than the some of the other threads on this forum. It is a good way to get the two communities intermingling - Basenotes and Youtube. And you often give shout outs to Basenotes on your videos.

On a side note I recently tried Black and was a little disappointed given all the hype. But I did only smell it in a store The interesting thing is - on the strength of your video review - I think I still want to pick it up and give it a real test.

Nice review! Thanks

This is a charming and extremely unique fragrance with its combination of rubber, tea, and vanilla. It even has a bergamot note in the front to compliment the tea. My only issue here is the limited sillage/longevity which forces me to have to apply 6 sprays at which point I get sub-modest projection which lasts >6hrs (up to about 8hrs). Otherwise, it is a masterful fragrance by my second favorite perfumer!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    It is by far the best fragrance ever put out by the House of Bulgari.
    Absolutely.

Very light rubber smell. Very light vanilla smell. Totally forgettable. Totally over-rated.

Whatever...

I love the juice and the bottle. This reminds me of Dzing! Lite.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

When I blind bought Bvlgari Black I was so stoked to see how it smelled. Everyone was talking about this rubber note and I thought I was getting something truly different. However when I wore it, I got no rubber at all. It was all vanilla. It smelled nice, but I was expecting something unique. Instead I just got another vanilla fragrance.

I'd love it if I'd get a gasoline-note from it but as it is, I just can't wear Black. I recognize it as a very well made fragrance and love the occasional sniff from the bottle but whenever I wear it, a strange sadness overcomes me that is not pleasant at all. For that reasons I never wear it although I own a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Totally forgettable. Totally over-rated.
    Feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Very light rubber smell. Very light vanilla smell. Totally forgettable. Totally over-rated.
    Perhaps, but one thing about it is that it *is* commonly available, and nicer than many of the other things one might find at your day-to-day sorts of outlets. So for many folks it's one of the first intriguing things they were able to get their nose around, and memorable in that sense. I know it was for me.

Just ordered some more of it myself, actually, simply in memory of that part.