Code of Conduct

Default Erolfa lasting power?

I just tried some Creed Erolfa, and after about ten min., it becomes nothing more than a skin scent. It has virtually no projection, either. I'm wondering if I received a bad batch. How has your experience with Erolfa been?

Edit:

I've gone through two applications. The first was with two plastic swabs worth, the second (about an hour later) was with three. It's now about half an hour since the second applications, and the scent seems to be completely gone.
    Last edited by Swingline77; 19th November 2014 at 03:07 AM.

Default Re: Erolfa lasting power?

It's weak, even by Creed's standards.

This is how I rank Creed's in terms of longevity.

Top: Aventus, GIT, Pure White Cologne, OV

Mid: VIW, Silver Mountain Water, MI, Jardin d’Amalfi

Low: Erolfa, Royal Water, Himalaya

I suggest you spray Erolfa on your clothes for extended longevity. Also, it's probably best to wear it in warmer weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingline77 View Post
    How has your experience with Erolfa been?
    I have had a pretty good experience with Erolfa. However, other Creeds much better.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Nice fragrance but weak . Made it hard for me to justify the price. My experience with most of the creed's is similar . They make exceptional fragrances with supotimal performance IMHO.
    Current top choices:
    1- Portrait of A Lady
    2- 34 st Germaine Boulevard by Diptyque
    3- Bleecker Street by Bond 9
    4- Acqua Di Parma Oud
    5- Clive Christian #1
    6- Coromandel by Chanel
    7- Acqua Di Parmal Colonia Intensa
    8- Guerlain Derby
    9- MFK lumiere Noir
    10- Dans Tes Bras

Edit:

I've gone through two applications. The first was with two plastic swabs worth, the second (about an hour later) was with three. It's now about half an hour since the second applications, and the scent seems to be completely gone.
    You have to spray it. A couple swipes from an applicator isn't going to do much. I use 8-10 sprays from my bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal1973 View Post
    Nice fragrance but weak . Made it hard for me to justify the price. My experience with most of the creed's is similar . They make exceptional fragrances with supotimal performance IMHO.
    Don't say that too loud lol. The Creed snobs will be in here to tell you that every Creed performs above & beyond the call of duty.

Quote Originally Posted by EstaVidaLoca View Post
    Don't say that too loud lol. The Creed snobs will be in here to tell you that every Creed performs above & beyond the call of duty.
    Define "Creed snob". Is it just a person who enjoys their fragrances, or is there more to it than that?

8 to 10? Holy cow! Maybe I'll give that a try tomorrow. As for warm weather, that's a long way off. Thanks.

I get a days worth of it. Doesn't project much after a few hours, but does last on my skin.

I use 5 sprays and get about 6 hours. Nice fragrance nonetheless.

Basenotes Member

Wow, you guys overspray! Lol I wore Erolfa to work once, two sprays total, and got complimented throughout the day. Might be another case of a Creed smell making the wearer anosmic to the scent. Unfortunately the longevity really isn't great and it was gone within a couple of hours but ten sprays? I got noticed after an hour with two sprays at greater than arm's length...I'm considering bringing a decant when I want to wear Erolfa and reapplying as it fades, one small spray at a time.
    Last edited by Casiquire; 23rd November 2014 at 05:44 AM.

Erolfa is a summer scent. It's late November, so if you're in the northern hemisphere, you can't expect it to perform well.

I really enjoy Erolfa. I get around 8 hours from 3 sprays on a summer day. But in winter? It'd probably cling so close to the skin that it would seem to be gone. MI does the same thing. These are summer scents. They need the heat to bloom.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Erolfa is a summer scent. It's late November, so if you're in the northern hemisphere, you can't expect it to perform well.

I really enjoy Erolfa. I get around 8 hours from 3 sprays on a summer day. But in winter? It'd probably cling so close to the skin that it would seem to be gone. MI does the same thing. These are summer scents. They need the heat to bloom.
    I do agree that summer scents work better in warm weather, but I spend a total of about three minutes a day in the actual great outdoors so the seasons don't affect my scents all that much lol. Also other "summer" scents last much longer than Creed scents.

I guess it's just disposable...one full bottle for one full wearing!
    Whitecaps on the bay:
    A broken signboard banging
    In the April wind.

R. Wright

EROLFA is great in the summer and it lasts long on me but I think I got a fresh bottle. It's also good to know that your nose might get fatigued and what doesn't seem strong on you will seem strong to someone else.

It doesn't have the best performance, but it works well for me in the summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EstaVidaLoca View Post
    Why do you enjoy insulting people who enjoy their Creeds? And who exactly are these Creed snobs? Care to call anyone out?

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    Why do you enjoy insulting people who enjoy their Creeds? And who exactly are these Creed snobs? Care to call anyone out?
    Creed does have something of a reputation for a devoted following, similar to the Apple fan base. I wouldn't have used the word "snobs" but there's no denying they have loyal defenders as well as ruthless detractors. Can't see why people get so passionate about it, they're just a fragrance company.

Like many Creeds, Erolfa has inadequate durability. Pleasant, not much to it, sort of a cute little freshy thing. I bought a bottle eight years ago, went through ten milliliters the first couple of days and still felt as if it was some kind of water cologne.

You need to spray. A couple of swipes with the applicator will give you nothing. As with all Creeds I've tried, I get very good longevity, and that's from a small decant sprayer, not the monstrous Creed bottle sprayer.
    Don't know whether to blame batch variation, but I get pretty monstrous longevity from Himalaya and SMW too.

Quote Originally Posted by Casiquire View Post
    I do agree that summer scents work better in warm weather, but I spend a total of about three minutes a day in the actual great outdoors so the seasons don't affect my scents all that much lol.
    That's actually not correct. Unless you live in a sealed biosphere, the weather outdoors affects the environment indoors because there's a lot more to consider than temperature alone. First of all, any time you feel cold or even chilly, that's going to make a fragrance project much less. Why? ...because fragrance (and body odor, for that matter) project off warm skin. The warmer the skin, the easier it is for a fragrance to project. Also, humidity plays a role since dry air will more easily evaporate a fragrance off skin, and air tends to be much drier in winter (because cold air can't hold as much moisture. This is why people have dry skin in winter).

Quote Originally Posted by Casiquire View Post
    Also other "summer" scents last much longer than Creed scents.
    Well, then perhaps Creed scents aren't for you. If so, no worries. Like I said, I get around 8 hours from 3 sprays of Erolfa and 10 from Millesime Imperial, but I don't wear them when the weather drops below 70. If I wore MI today, I'd expect its performance to drop in half if not more. I assume you probably don't think about this stuff, but it makes a bigger difference than most people realize.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I just tried some Creed Erolfa, and after about ten min., it becomes nothing more than a skin scent. It has virtually no projection, either. I'm wondering if I received a bad batch. How has your experience with Erolfa been?

Edit:

Pretty much the same with me, gone in about an hour. I wasn't too keen on it when it was there to be honest.
    "I have to return some videotapes"

Bought a full bottle because I loved that wonderful salty citrus. Sold that bottle a week later because the longevity was utterly useless. An hour or two at most. What a shame.

I have better performance out of Erolfa compared to what I get from Imperial Millesime
    my blog : bonnygonggrijp.blogspot.com

Lalique Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    You need to spray. A couple of swipes with the applicator will give you nothing.
    I agree with that. I still think people can smell you but you don't want to be noticed too much and be too loud. Jump out of the shower, spray your body, put on your clothes and most people who are within arms length or if you walk past them will smell it. You don't need to be smelled across the room. All people get is an impression and you want that impression to not be too loud unless the occasion calls for it. This is especially true for work environments where people with allergies are hunting for prey in the form of basenotes posters.

Basenotes Plus

I get about 30 to 60 minutes tops...and I'm a heavy sprayer....

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    That's actually not correct. Unless you live in a sealed biosphere, the weather outdoors affects the environment indoors because there's a lot more to consider than temperature alone. First of all, any time you feel cold or even chilly, that's going to make a fragrance project much less. Why? ...because fragrance (and body odor, for that matter) project off warm skin. The warmer the skin, the easier it is for a fragrance to project. Also, humidity plays a role since dry air will more easily evaporate a fragrance off skin, and air tends to be much drier in winter (because cold air can't hold as much moisture. This is why people have dry skin in winter).

Well, then perhaps Creed scents aren't for you. If so, no worries. Like I said, I get around 8 hours from 3 sprays of Erolfa and 10 from Millesime Imperial, but I don't wear them when the weather drops below 70. If I wore MI today, I'd expect its performance to drop in half if not more. I assume you probably don't think about this stuff, but it makes a bigger difference than most people realize.
    Considering no other colognes suffer to quite that same extent, I'm going with this being a Creed-specific issue, not a weather-specific issue. I've used Creed in all seasons, and I've used enough other brands to know that no, the weather really shouldn't be influencing it to the extent that I see with Creed. And if feeling that Creed doesn't have great longevity means it's "not for you" then it doesn't look like Creed is "for" a whole lot of people. I'm well aware of what warm skin does with scents. It's not like I've never smelled a fragrance before aside from one single experience with one single Creed...come on now. I'm glad you enjoy many hours of fragrance, but their longevity seems to be a pretty widespread complaint.

Only creed that performs on me is aventus and or8ginal santal. and that is with 7 to 8 sprays gives me a good 6 to 8 hrs with decent sillage. GiT performs for 4-6 hours with below avrg sillage w the same amoubt of sprays. Millesime imperial same as GIT. I love the scenta just not their performance. I absolutely fell in love woth original vetiver but after 30 mins it was gone

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by raw810 View Post
    Only creed that performs on me is aventus and or8ginal santal. and that is with 7 to 8 sprays gives me a good 6 to 8 hrs with decent sillage. GiT performs for 4-6 hours with below avrg sillage w the same amoubt of sprays. Millesime imperial same as GIT. I love the scenta just not their performance. I absolutely fell in love woth original vetiver but after 30 mins it was gone
    Aventus and GIT are sort of complicated on me. I love the smell and I do get a few hours out of Aventus. Some days, "a few" means four, and other days "a few" means twelve. I pretty much have to carry around a decant so I can reapply if it vanishes. GIT maxes out around six hours but it also varies by the day.