Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Cartier L`Heure Fougueuse, L`Heure Diaphane and L`Heure Défendue - New Fragrances

If I remember correctly, there are two more 'hours' being added to the line this year, and I'm very much looking forward to trying them.

I don't get the 'horse's mane' accord in Fougueuse (perhaps this references some kind of commercial base), but I do get a damp hay (coumarin + narcissus) vibe, together with some lightly smoked tea and a scattering of jasmine. Plus a big dose of oakmoss replacer (Evernyl). I find it wears like a woollen jumper in these cold months.

Vertueuse is a straight out green and purple monster - there's some rough, slightly anisic lavender plus a ton of leaf alcohol (giving that cut grass smell), and a host of other green notes like Stemone. It is very linear, and comes across almost as more of an accord than a fully worked out perfume, but I still love it.

Default Re: Cartier L`Heure Fougueuse, L`Heure Diaphane and L`Heure Défendue - New Fragrances

So Mathilde still has two shots at dishing us up a riff on Guet Appens / Attrape Coeur

I really think that's one theme that she could revisit - such a unique piece of work and looking at the quality, the 'depth of field' in the ones that she's turning out with Les Heures even with IFRA breathing down her neck, I think she could do it - with a twist, of course. I don't think there's an amber amongst them so far?

I like the Heure IV of the entire group.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    .........I do get a damp hay (coumarin + narcissus) vibe, together with some lightly smoked tea and a scattering of jasmine. Plus a big dose of oakmoss replacer (Evernyl). I find it wears like a woollen jumper in these cold months........
    I keep seeing it as something fairly abstract but that's an excellent description. Balanced and abstract like a good chypre but has the liveliness of a fougere. With its little bit of lavender (lavender-coumarin-oakmoss of some kind) I guess you could call it a fougere. I'd be curious to know how Michael Edwards classifies it. Whatever. I'm glad she made it ! The woolen jumper part reminds that I need to go buy some more fine woolen trousers. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    So Mathilde still has two shots at dishing us up a riff on Guet Appens / Attrape Coeur

I really think that's one theme that she could revisit - such a unique piece of work and looking at the quality, the 'depth of field' in the ones that she's turning out with Les Heures even with IFRA breathing down her neck, I think she could do it - with a twist, of course. I don't think there's an amber amongst them so far?
    Guet Apens / Attrape Coeur: one of the best Guerlains ever made and they should keep making it. Last time I smelled it on my girlfriend it improved/clarified my general outlook in a profound way. Seriously beautiful stuff.
    Last edited by pluran; 5th February 2014 at 10:37 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Mike, I only got to try L'Heure Vertueuse at the boutique but it struck me as quite similar in feel to Herba Fresca. Have you had a chance to compare them - would be very interested in your thoughts. (And . . . have we had this conversation before ? )
    I read your comments elsewhere, but it's been ages since I've properly sampled HF. I will remedy that this summer.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Basenotes Institution

Testing IV L'Heure Defendue today. I'm reminded of Borneo 1834, which honestly, I like more. I wish I got more sandalwood from this but all I really get is patchouli and loads of chocolate.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Funnily enough was just retesting Defendue today. Reminded me of Borneo 1834 too but less Patchouli and more Cocoa. Very well done and would buy it if didn't have Borneo.

I tried the Cartier Oud and Rose, is nice but for 300 dollars and that too for 75 ml, is a bit ridiculous.

I found the Oud and Oud , Oud and Musk boring.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I tried the Cartier Oud and Rose, is nice but for 300 dollars and that too for 75 ml, is a bit ridiculous.

I found the Oud and Oud , Oud and Musk boring.
    I like all of them with the Oud & Rose my preferred. Agree, a bit pricey.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I like all of them with the Oud & Rose my preferred. Agree, a bit pricey.
    Did you buy them all?

Oud and Rose has a very genuine Rose Water note, but the pricing is ridiculous, esp for that size. I was not impressed with the other two at all.

I tried L'Heure Fougueuse today; i'ts a nice scent but I am honest, I was expecting something more spectacular.
    The first phase reminds me Duel, maybe more complex, not only tea & citrus but some florals and a evident hayish-tobacco accord (this is the mate I think).

Later when this part smooths I detect a soft animalic salty accord, discret but present; this part reminds me a lot Hermes Eau Des Merveilles - not so synthetic - in some way.
    I tried Eau Des Merveilles years years ago, but I remember it fair enough to find some similarities here. Maybe am I crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Did you buy them all?
    I did indeed.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Tried again and again my L'Heure Fougueuse sample, now this scent is growing on me.
    It is a skin scent but longevity and sillage are better I detected the first time; also it smells nice on clothes.

Anyway, the hay-horse accord is very original and nice, with a dusty-brown-warm animalic obvious but no stinky at all.
    This is a living scent, with personality.
    I don't know if this is a sort of hommage to Edmond Roudnitska (as I read somewhere) but I can see some similarities with Eau D'Hermes, technically at least.

Also I think it would be very interesting smell an Eau de Parfum or Parfum versión of this one

There's' supposed to be a new Les Heures release by the end of the year according to the Cartier Rep at Saks. One of the missing "hours" We'll see.