Code of Conduct

Default Armani Acqua di Gio --Again

I haven't seen a discussion on this in awhile..and well, I'm intrigued. I know there was a thread on this boards AdG. Anyways, was in Ulta and pretty much did a spray card with all they had, sat and took a sniff each from Aramis to YSL. I wore AdG the week it came out. Then I soured on it. Today it smelled really nice again. Being at my work and 40 I don't club, do alot of bars unless it is a wings place with beer and sports or a wine bar with my wife. So I don't even smell this anymore. Anyone come back around to it or is it still passe'?

Side bar-Armani Eau PH had a bad bottle and tester and leaked on my hand. I can still catch whiffs...classic stuff.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Blog Entries

Default Re: Armani Acqua di Gio --Again

I'm not around the demographic that is know to wear this stuff to death either. So I don't smell it often either. I still wear it occasionally too, and enjoy it when I do.

Interesting side note, I did smell it on someone for the first time in a long time the other day....my 60+ year old coworker.

It does really work for anyone.

Yeah, I get really tempted to get this again from time to time. I never smell it on anyone at the places I frequent. I will give it credit for being the best smelling magazine strip scent in history! It never smells that good on my skin.

Right now YSL L'Homme is filling this need in my 'drobe.

It's still a top seller and someone must be wearing it, not just buying it. It's really a pleasant, middle of the road frag that is safe for all situations and even considered a quite sexy scent by a large number of females. One of the forefathers of the aqua/sport revolution it still is in my opinion the best of the lot in a segment of fragrances that I don't like at all. I'm in my 40s and will wear it from time to time so I think that ADG is acceptable casual wear to anyone who wants to wear it.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I have always Loved Gio.....The shower gel is fantastic too.....Gary

Adgnis good stuFf, the only reason people hate is because its over rated and too popular. Its just a straight up pleasant scent

ADG is my SOTD today. Its good daily stuff, and it is also fragrance I wore most last summer. Its hard to beat it in "safeness" and nobody here wears it so its win win for me. I am actually thinking why I spent lot of money on orientals/gourmands that are great but I hardly wear them because they are much better for evening use and not that good into office.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    Adgnis good stuFf, the only reason people hate is because its over rated and too popular. Its just a straight up pleasant scent
    I did not like it when it first came out, nor do I now. I just don't like the smell - it's definitely not pleasant to my nose.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I did not like it when it first came out, nor do I now. I just don't like the smell - it's definitely not pleasant to my nose.
    Yeah, my wife calls these types of scents "harsh smelling". There is a sour aspect that turns her off.

I am wearing Dolce & Gabbana La Bataleur today and it's definitely in this genre. Comes on really irritating, but there is a basenote that is really pleasant that's starting to shine through.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Yeah, my wife calls these types of scents "harsh smelling". There is a sour aspect that turns her off.
    That's exactly the same for me. L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme falls into this category also.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I do enjoy AdG pH & L'eau d'Issey pH though I don't wear them much anymore. The only problem I have is that people tend to overspray them... And that's when it gets 'harsh'.

AromiErotici

AdG smells better on others than it does on me. Since Montana isn't a bastion of things fragrant, I don't smell scent on too many folks.....females included.....however, I'll occasionally smell it in the same places you mentioned.....sports bars, etc....

I find myself ambivalent toward it. It's pleasantly innocuous and I guess I need deeper, transitional fragrances to float my boat.

VR
    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    That's exactly the same for me. L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme falls into this category also.
    I'm with you on Issey. Completely harsh to me. That same note is what kind of soured me on AdG years back after I wore it. Lately though, it disappears and I get what I liked before. Issey never changes however.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I'm very surprised that anyone could describe AdG as "harsh". To me it's a lovely, soft, gentle fragrance. Completely the opposite of harsh.