Code of Conduct

Default tom ford private coll.: italian cypress VS azure lime

the title says it...i love the private blend collection and own tobacco-vanilla.... i now want one of the rather summery fragrances, i like both of them but can't decide on which one i should get - recommendations?

Sur la Plage

Default Re: tom ford private coll.: italian cypress VS azure lime

I personally much prefer Italian Cypress.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I know this is not the answer you're looking for, but I'd honestly pass on both. I have no problem paying over $300 for a bottle, but I honestly would never pay as much as the private blend costs (at least $150) for a summer fragrance that not only is not unique, but will last you 4 hours or so.

Having said that, Italian Cypress is the one I like more, it has some lasting powder, but to me it's a soapy fragrance that has much better alternatives out there (look into the prada line)
    Last edited by Ekove; 18th November 2010 at 08:40 PM.

I own both of these.

For me Italian Cypress is very much an Autumn/Fall type of scent. I dont think I could wear it in the heat of summer. If you can though thats awesome. Its very tenacious and lasts quite a while on me at least 6 - 7 hours. A very close and much cheaper alternative would be the original Polo green. Its so close its quite obvious that they were making a niche version of a classic.

Azure Lime is more of a summer scent to me. Synthetic lime opening with a woody hazy floral musky base. The drawback is it basically disappears after the first 2 hours. I can still smell it but very faintly. At those prices and I wanted it to have more lasting power. Not sure if its the Iso E Super or what.

I have to agree with the previous poster in that I don't think either of these are worth their ever climbing retail prices. $185 for 50ml? Really?!?!?! They started at $145 or $150 in 2007 and they'll be at $200 before we know it. Theres someone on eBay selling a 50ml bottle for $140 shipped that I have been watching. I cant vouch for the seller so caveat emptor.

I also cant really pick one but IF i had to today my answer would be Azure Lime.

I only tried the AL and to me it's a 20 dollar scent. I don't think I got 2hrs from it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Italian Cypress lasts hours on me and I think it's a unique, good smelling scent. On my skin, Lime loses its luster in about 30 minutes.
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

i "only" pay 100 bucks per 50ml... i own tobacco vanilla and like it very much...since this is rather a winter scent i'd rather like a summer scent and thought i could pull off the it. cyp. in summer (its cold here so i can't try)...another one i tried and think quite interesting is the noir de noir

Italian Cypress by far. And it’s best in warm summer nights.

Second what others have said, Azure Lime to me smells like a typical, horrid, sporty chemical thing. Cypress smells good and fresh, though, as others have said, it seems overpriced. In the style, there are a few fresh fougeres that cost much less.

cacio

Basenotes Institution

Italian Cypress

Italian Cypress is a great scent. I love the Private Collection so my wife bought me Azure Lime for our anniversary. I like it but dont love it. I practically have to bathe in it to get any longetivity out of it. I'm glad I have the bottle but there are a few others I would have picked before this one. She got it based on it having been released that week so I appreciated it.

You may want to look into Neroli Portofino

Dependent

Italian Cypress fans might want to check out ADP Cipresso di Toscano. IC > AL

Italian Cypress. Every thread I've ever seen on Azure Lime, many lament it has no staying power. Don't know about you, but that's an issue for me with pricey frags.

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC View Post

You may want to look into Neroli Portofino
    Perfect suggestion, its summer in a bottle.
    Its the most uplifting scent I have smelled. Even in the dead of winter, it will pick you up.
    Longevity is good on this one. I get a solid 8 hours.
    Its on my wish list right after Tobacco Vanille

I'd tried Azure Lime a few times, but I have no impression of it now. That's how forgettable it was. The only thing I remember about it is how short lived it was on my skin and the projection was so bad that I had to keep putting my nose to my wrist to smell it.

As for Italian Cypress, I never really associated it with any specific season; I think it's wearable all year round but only if you're attending some rather uppity event. Tuscany by Aramis is a much cheaper alternative to Italian Cypress, but the dry down for the latter totally justifies the cost.

I think Azure Lime smells absolutely beautiful. A gorgeous combination of citrus and white musk. I have to agree with everyone else though and say that the longevity is very poor and sillage is pretty weak also. I couldn't justify that cost for a poor performing scent.

I'm not a fan of the smell of Italian Cypress, but it's definitely a lot stronger.