Code of Conduct

Thread: Apologies

Default Apologies

Well, it seem that the months of recoding have done little to alleviate server issues. I'm awaiting a quote for a fatter server and in the meantime, I'm caching as much stuff as possible (ie, if for example, a wardrobe hasn't changed - it keeps a copy of it to show, rather than rebuilding it each time)

There are some issues with reviews, which some people are having and some people are not. I'll get onto this as soon as I can. In the meantime, please accept my apologies for everything.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Apologies

It must be frustrating for you Grant. I hope the 'fatter server' is the answer. ..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

That tapping at your door is a masseuse I've hired to take the knots out of your shoulders.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

No apologies necessary, sir. We appreciate all your hard work.
    I am a little traumatized though for having to stay away for soooo long and have to visit the Clinic for counseling.
    Thank you!
    RM

I thought that joining Basenotes a little while ago caused it to crash. I can have that type of effect on things.

Blog Entries

Thanks for all your efforts, Grant.

I do go into withdrawal when BN is down!

Off-Scenter

Let me just tell you how much I appreciate your effort and dedication Grant!

Meanwhile (cringes) I'm sorry to have to report that the majority of my wardrobe seems to have disappeared.

Basenotes Plus

We appreciate everything you do Grant, all the new features are great! Unfortunately, there are some problems in my wardrobe today also. If I access it through "my wardrobe" at the top of the page, the numbers are all off, the fragrances are listed, it's just the number is way off. If I access it by "my wardrobe" icon on a thread it's fine. Also, it wouldn't let me add a fragrance today. It shows in the tried list, but not on the own list. Sorry!

edited: also, doesn't show "wears" from today in wardrobe.
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 19th November 2010 at 08:32 PM.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Accepted.

We need more people to feed the fatter server with their nickels and dimes, I hope.

People?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    We appreciate everything you do Grant, all the new features are great! Unfortunately, there are some problems in my wardrobe today also. If I access it through "my wardrobe" at the top of the page, the numbers are all off, the fragrances are listed, it's just the number is way off. If I access it by "my wardrobe" icon on a thread it's fine. Also, it wouldn't let me add a fragrance today. It shows in the tried list, but not on the own list. Sorry!

edited: also, doesn't show "wears" from today in wardrobe.
    This is happening to me too! But thanks Grant for all you're doing. Send that masseuse round to me when you're done,will you? l'm a little tense from BN withdrawal!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Come on Grant, admit it. Danielle read all those declarations of love for you on the female fragrance board the other day, and pulled the plug to keep you in line.

EDIT: I should say, I'd be happy to put money in the meter too.
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 22nd November 2010 at 10:14 AM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Accepted.

We need more people to feed the fatter server with their nickels and dimes, I hope.

People?
    I'm in.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Grant - are you accounting for the amount of load the server is getting from all the new users? The server stats have to be telling some kind of story on that. The maximum number of users on the forums just keeps breaking the old record over and over. I would guess that things simply are not scaling with all the usage. Yes, it's a bad thing, but it's certainly the kind of bad thing that you want, rather than the opposite.

Basenotes Plus

Don't worry about it, Grant. I do appreciate the effort in keeping us informed. Dumbledore might need some help though, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Accepted.

People?
    You are the tops Grant!! Now that I have made a few pennies on ebay sales, I will hopefully be able to become a supporting member to help the cause.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

@redneckP

It looks like were getting lots more visitors lately. We are - But - not the great leaps it looks like- because the directory, reviews etc now plug into the forum architecture it counts the users browsing the directory, where it didn't before a week ago.

Those who are worries about 'missing' things. It's likely that they are not missing, rather the cache isn't updating as it should.

Should be able to fix some of this later when my kids are not here.