Code of Conduct

Default Wearing Creed OS

I am wearing Creed Original Santal for the first time, today. I am really intrigued by the scent so far and I was wondering why I don't hear more about it. Are there any fans of this frag on basenotes?
    My Top Fragrances:
    Hermes: Terre d"Hermes
    Dior: Homme
    Yves Saint Laurent: La Nuit de L'homme
    Burberry: London
    Gucci: Pour Homme
    Rochas: Man
    Azzaro: Pour Homme

Wanted:
    L'Artisan: Fou d'Absinthe; Cristiano Fissore: Cashmere for Men; Parfums d'Nicolai: New York; Divine: L'homme Sage; Montale: Black Aoud; Tauer: L'air du desert Marocain.

Default Re: Wearing Creed OS

Not my favorite in their line, but I have it and like it

It`s not my intention to be a sour-face, but I`m not a fan... Of all the Creeds I`ve tried, OS is the one I like least

Im thinking in blind buy this one.
    This is really close to Joop?

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Im thinking in blind buy this one.
    This is really close to Joop?
    They do share some similarities. OS smells like a ultra-sweet lollipop.

I see the Joop comparison, but I don't think that the frags are close enough where they become a duplicate.
    My Top Fragrances:
    Hermes: Terre d"Hermes
    Dior: Homme
    Yves Saint Laurent: La Nuit de L'homme
    Burberry: London
    Gucci: Pour Homme
    Rochas: Man
    Azzaro: Pour Homme

Wanted:
    L'Artisan: Fou d'Absinthe; Cristiano Fissore: Cashmere for Men; Parfums d'Nicolai: New York; Divine: L'homme Sage; Montale: Black Aoud; Tauer: L'air du desert Marocain.

i'm actually wondering whether they have changed the formula, as i don't think it smells like joop, the way it used to!..... i find it much nicer than now, maybe an impulse buy on the horizon....

It's the only Creed I like and own.

The Joop comparison is momentary, OS is way nicer.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

It's the only Creed I like and own.

The Joop comparison is momentary, OS is way nicer.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I didn't think much of Original Santal on my first wearing. The second wearing peeked my interest a little more. It wasn't until the third wearing did I experience notes of more complexity. OS is a bit more refined than Joop in many ways. Try a side by side comparison and you'll probably come to the same conclusion. Out of 14 Creed fragrances I have sampled at length, OS is one of my top three to date.

It reminds me a lot of the Dreamer.

The similarities to Joop are unfortunately there, however OS is a far more subtle scent.

The main advantages it has over Joop are that it doesn't give you a headache, doesn't make your eyes and nose bleed, and people can't still smell you an hour after you've left the room.

Quiet Innocence

All Creed fragrances are the best in the industry and guarantee to attract women. The price is quite reasonable considering the high quality ingredients. I would rather save up my money for a Creed fragrance than waste my time and resources on other fragrances. I've never heard any negative comments from any human being regarding a Creed scent. People can not get enough of these wonderful Creed fragrances!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stareffex View Post
    I am wearing Creed Original Santal for the first time, today. I am really intrigued by the scent so far and I was wondering why I don't hear more about it. Are there any fans of this frag on basenotes?
    It's one of the more distinctive Creeds - and probably the most polarizing as well. I think that's why you don't hear much about it. Some people really dislike it.

I've had a love/hate relationship with it, and right now it's LUUUUUUUUV. But I don't wear it often.

I think that most people make the comparison of Original Santal to Joop. As I stated earlier, I think OS is a more complex fragrance and the composition of notes can be different on everyone. There are many scents that I do not personally like on myself but find the scent nice on other people. Let's remember that fragrance likes and dislikes are subjective. I have Original Santal on my list to purchase next. I think this scent is a great fall and winter addition. I find OS a bit romantic and calming.