Code of Conduct

Smile Best incense scents..?Any new??

I tried 7 loewe and I am loving this! Great unisex scent! I will get a botle and one for my friend..he loves fragrances with incense notes,,he also lovd Black Cashmere to give you an idea! What other recent ones are there both unisex or for men/women?

Default Re: Best incense scents..?Any new??

Amouage (Memoir man and memoir woman), although I"m hearing that the men like Woman just as much (or better)
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

Oh I don't know that one!!

Maybe Juliette Has A Gun, Calamity J. Warm incensey amber with patchouli, musk and a touch of orris. Marketed as a masculine for women and definately wearable by both.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Sur la Plage

Montale Full Incense
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Comme des Garcons Kyoto is fantastic.....West Side, Silver Factory and Saks For Him by Bond No.9 are great also.....The Incense from the Armani Prive Collection is also a fantastic incense scent!!!
    gary

Blog Entries

The latest feminine incense scent I've been impressed with is Chantecaille's Kalamantan. As for the rough, masculine kind, I have so many favorites...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Pls name them! Kalamantan..??????Never heard of it but sounds interesting!!

Blog Entries

I think I misspelled it, you can see Kalimantan here. I easily think it's one of the best releases of 2010.

My favorite masculine/unisex incenses are the smoky, dark kind - anything in the CDG Incense series (there's a reason everyone is saying to try Kyoto!), Amouage's Jubilation XXV, and L'Artisan Parfumeur Aedes de Venustas (which combines the incense with sweet Christmas pudding!).

Other must-trys of the genre are probably Costes and the original 10 Corso Como. Heeley's Cardinal is great, but a bit too linear for me. I just wore a sample of Guerlain's Bois d'Armenie, which is an ambery incense mixed with elements of the legendary Guerlinade.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

What about Incense Rose from Andy Tauer?

Tribute attar

Some really like that one, my horses. I am burnt out, lol, pun intended I guess, on incense. But Amouage has some good offerings. Smoke has been everywhere it seems. Just kinda gettin over it already! Enough with the smoke!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Piguet Casbah is pretty interesting: http://www.robertpiguetparfums.com/readCasbah.php

Andy Tauer's L’air Du Désert Marocain would be my favourite incense fragrance by far, even if it is not explicitly an incense scent. Serge Lutens's Encens et Lavande has a wonderful incense note, but I simply can't wear it because lavender doesn't agree with me. Another achingly beautiful incense scent is Neela Vermeire's Trayee - it simply has to be one of the best perfumes I've smelt in a long time. L'Artisan's Passage D'Enfer is another lovely incense scent, but it's pretty fleeting. Armani Privé Bois D’Encens, Ormonde Jayne's Tolu, Andy Tauer's Incense Rose, By Kilian's Incense Oud, Serge Lutens's Un Bois Vanille and Malle's Portrait of a Lady all have prominent incense-esque notes.

Oh, and above all, there's the whole CDG incense series - Avignon, Jaisalmer, Kyoto, Zagorsk and one more.

L'artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha

Lalique Encre noire (men)

L'Air du désert marocain

L'artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu
    Shalimar (EDT; vintage)

My fav incense is Avignon by CDG, but also Romeo d'Ameor have have a scent called Les Imperatrices Japonaises, or The Japanese Empresses.

It has a great incense note.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I'll be lookin' forward sampling Kyoto and Avignon then I got with my order from FIF.

Terre de l'encens by cloon keen atelier - frankincence & iris. This and comme des garcons Avignon are my favourites.

Seconding CG Kyoto and Taurer Incense Rose, and would add Tauer Incense Extreme. Kyoto and Incense Extreme are very calming scent that evoke memories of childhood for me; temples, pagodas, burning incense, mossy rock garden, sitting on the tatami mat practicing calligraphy, grandmother's tea ceremony... wonderful
    Do happy

Definitely have to agree with the entire CdG Incense series. I own and love Avignon, and am awaiting a bottle of Kyoto in the mail, with the addition of a few Tauer samples.

L'Artisan's Dzongkha and Timbuktu are quite wearable takes on incense. Amouage Jubilation XXV is a great incense, but pricey for me. Aedes des Venustas's house frag also has a light incense at its base. Duchaufour, in general, favors it quite a bit in his compositions.

+1 Avignon, Kyoto, and SL Une Bois Vanille.

I would add 10 Corso Como (lovely incense paired with sandalwood), SL Gris Clair (admittedly not frankincense, but cool, ashy lavender), CdG Jaisalmer (souk spices and incense -- much warmer than Kyoto and none of the high-church dryness of Avignon), and Sonoma Scent Studio Incense Pure.

Incense Pure is achingly lovely, with just a touch of oud, to give it this interesting switcheroo between sharp and smooth. Utterly fabulous. IMO, better than Tauer Incense Extreme for a fraction of the price.

Armani Prive Bois d'Encens is excellent!!

In my opinion: Shalimar EDP and Opium EDP

Huge incense fan.

My holy grail incense is Encens Flamboyant by Annick Goutal. It's the smell of a snowy mountain campfire. Balsam and woodsmoke on a starry winter's night. Christmas in a bottle.

Marketed to women initially, now apparently to men. Easily wearable by both.

So many good suggestions here already. Another one not to miss, but which can be easily overlooked, is Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles, which has a wonderful frankincense note at its heart. Beautiful stuff, especially this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by whimsicaldiva View Post
    and Malle's Portrait of a Lady all have prominent incense-esque notes.

Oh, and above all, there's the whole CDG incense series - Avignon, Jaisalmer, Kyoto, Zagorsk and one more.
    When you mention it, Portait does have that sort of vibe. Though I'd summarize it as berries and acetone (which someone else wrote about it), but yes.

Zagorsk was interesting. Kyoto much to faint for my taste, but nice sure. Quite uniform. Well I never did like inscense all that much I think.
    1. Une Fleur de Cassie
    2. A Travers Le Miroir
    3. Noël au Balcon
    4. Ghost Man / Bvlgari Black