Code of Conduct
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

I haven't seen Rochas Man at all. My stores usually have the men's and women's all mixed together. Most of the pink boxes are Paris Hilton for men.

***Can I make a special request? When you guys post your finds can you please tell us which store it was in, Ross, TJ Maxx etc.? I noticed that a lot of the time, these stores do not carry the same fragrances.

Thank You.

TJ Maxx is where I have see Rochas Man the most. And yes, it's often, almost always, mixed in with the women's.

Quote Originally Posted by Style View Post
    I haven't seen Rochas Man at all. My stores usually have the men's and women's all mixed together. Most of the pink boxes are Paris Hilton for men.

***Can I make a special request? When you guys post your finds can you please tell us which store it was in, Ross, TJ Maxx etc.? I noticed that a lot of the time, these stores do not carry the same fragrances.

Thank You.
    Can we also make another suggestion and get this thread stickied? This is a great thread for not only long time members who like to keep up with the current stock of TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross and other discounters but it is a wonderful thread for newcomers who are just starting out.
    Living each day one spray at a time

Lapidus Pour Homme is at TJ Maxx. The grey bottle one.

Thank You.
    It might take a while to show up in your location. I pop into TJ Maxx at least a few times a month, and it was almost a year before I finally saw Rochas Man on the shelves. If you are interested in it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to price it online and just snag it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Very nice! I've got to get out to my stores soon. I have Creed OS, though, so I don't need Individuel. I want to see if my stores may have discounted the Cartiers.
    Declaration is at TJ Maxx

I struck out at a couple of stores today. Not giving up yet though. I'll be in Nashville next week and will be scouring their TJ's. I could've already saved money by ordering it online (and may yet do that) and not burning the gas but I enjoy the hunt.

Yes, I seen it at TJ Maxx, but it still cost you an arm and leg for a bottle of Decleration... I think it's like $65??? I'm looking for $30 or less....

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    I stopped by another TJ Maxx I have never been to before and they had 3.3oz bottles of Declaration for 69.99$ and 1 bottle of Roadster sport red tagged at 60$. I was not sure if these were good buys so I passed.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    I struck out at a couple of stores today. Not giving up yet though. I'll be in Nashville next week and will be scouring their TJ's. I could've already saved money by ordering it online (and may yet do that) and not burning the gas but I enjoy the hunt.
    So far I struck out finding Rochas Man at any of the stores I have been too (and I tore the womens section up looking through pink boxes)..... but I have seen more Curve, Ferragamo, Beverly Hills Polo Club, Burberry, and CK stuff than I care to ever see again .

Blog Entries

Kroger (local grocery store) put all their perfume and cologne on sale for 50% off. I picked up Beyond Paradise for Men (19.99).

When I was there, they had a lot of Calvin Klein stuff etc, but also Tom Ford for Men, and Black Orchid. I was tempted but I'm not that into TF fragrances.

Are you serious? Kroger sells fragrance? I have never seen fragrance at Kroger....

Quote Originally Posted by My_pep_pep View Post
    Kroger (local grocery store) put all their perfume and cologne on sale for 50% off. I picked up Beyond Paradise for Men (19.99).

When I was there, they had a lot of Calvin Klein stuff etc, but also Tom Ford for Men, and Black Orchid. I was tempted but I'm not that into TF fragrances.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy01 View Post
    So far I struck out finding Rochas Man at any of the stores I have been too (and I tore the womens section up looking through pink boxes)..... but I have seen more Curve, Ferragamo, Beverly Hills Polo Club, Burberry, and CK stuff than I care to ever see again .
    They must have gotten a hell of a deal on Ferragamo because there is a ton of that crap at every store.

They must have gotten a hell of a deal on Ferragamo because there is a ton of that crap at every store.
    No kidding!!! But I'm not seeing any of the "F" stuff. I'd be interested in THAT!

I'd swear I saw Kiton For Men at Ross a while ago... now that I'm actually interested in it, of course it's nowhere to be found (other than full price at Nordstrom. I like it, but not enough to pay that much for it)

- - - Updated - - -

WHAT?! Tom Ford? At KROGER? Wow. I don't know if I could pull off Black Orchid, but Grey Vetiver is excellent and I really enjoy Tom Ford For Men too. I haven't had a chance to try Tom Ford Extreme yet. ...Tom Ford at Kroger... that's nuts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Are you serious? Kroger sells fragrance? I have never seen fragrance at Kroger....
    Not all of them, but this one has a whole fragrance counter. I guess they're getting rid of them though, since they were marked down so much.

Not all of them, but this one has a whole fragrance counter. I guess they're getting rid of them though, since they were marked down so much.
    What are the prices there on the Tom Fords?

Yep, the hunt is half the fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, now I have to get out to my Krogers! I bought a vintage Dior Homme there about 4 years ago during one of these sales!

Wow... A grocery store selling Tom Ford. Imagine if Creed and Chanel turned up!

Even our high end locally based chain Wegmans doesn't sell scents.

TJ Maxx in Downtown Boston had a 2.5 oz bottle of Le Male for $34.99.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon108 View Post
    TJ Maxx in Downtown Boston had a 2.5 oz bottle of Le Male for $34.99.
    Saw the same bottle there yesterday, I lol'd. Those two stores there have had junk in stock for a long, long time. I haven't bought anything in close to a year.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Banned

Just went to a creed concert last night in redding, so this morning I decided to check out their tj maxx. They had some awesome deals, 4.2 oz of cool water for 20$, 1.7 oz of Rochas man for 15$, and 4.2 oz of joop! For 25$ which I ended up buying

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CreedKing View Post
    What are the prices there on the Tom Fords?
    Around $31 I think.

Ted Lapidus was the only new thing at TJ Maxx locally this week. It's a weird one -- 80s powerhouse pineapple! One spray is all you dare!

They are still trying to get rid of a glut of Gaultier's Madame... Now marked down for the 4th time to just $10 for 75ml. Box is annoying (open from bottom to keep it in one piece.) This one is definitely a unisex despite the name and fine for summer. Dunhill brown box is also hard to move, and some of the silly celeb frags and Juicy Couture just sit in clearance forever. Marshall's continues to be more high end for frags locally, but nothing over $39 ever sells well.

TJ Maxx is where I have see Rochas Man the most. And yes, it's often, almost always, mixed in with the women's.
    Thanks for the tip. I've been looking for Rochas Man for around six months. Could've just bought off of amazon or fragrancenet already. Similarly, I've only seen one box set of Tommy Bahama Set Sail St Barts at TJ Maxx for $29. I passed.

I do see a ton of Cartier at my TJ maxxs though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy01 View Post
    Can we also make another suggestion and get this thread stickied? This is a great thread for not only long time members who like to keep up with the current stock of TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross and other discounters but it is a wonderful thread for newcomers who are just starting out.
    I'm not sure if the International readers would appreciate that. You could always bookmark your favorite threads into a Fragrance folder in your browser. I agree, beginners can get their feet wet without spending a lot. They might be able to snag four or five different 1.7 oz bottles for under a $100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Yes, I seen it at TJ Maxx, but it still cost you an arm and leg for a bottle of Decleration... I think it's like $65??? I'm looking for $30 or less....
    What's funny is at one store in a different town near me, the thieves will break into the plastic security boxes and steal $19.99 celebrity fragrances leaving the empty cartons ripped open. But they never touch the Cartier lol. Criminals are funny and stupid.

I'm not sure if the International readers would appreciate that. You could always bookmark your favorite threads into a Fragrance folder in your browser. I agree, beginners can get their feet wet without spending a lot. They might be able to snag four or five different 1.7 oz bottles for under a $100.

I did not even think of the International crowd . Out of curiosity don't a lot of countries have stores similar to TJ Maxx / Marshalls? They could add those stores to this thread and just start the post off with something like "France XYZ store has A*Men for 29 Euros".

Anyways this is just a thought... I can find this thread pretty quickly but new members may not realize this gem of a thread is on page 5.

Just went to Kroger. They do not have anymore. I called 3 others in the area. Same story. Oh well.

TJ Maxx/Homegoods has Marc Jacobs for men $29.99, 100ml Dirty English for $19.99, Gift sets of all of the Ed Hardys, and a gift set of Kenneth Cole Vintage Black. Gift sets had the red clearance sticker on them.

ZEN for men the large 3.3 oz spray - I did a little dance and then bought the bottle !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    Just went to Kroger. They do not have anymore. I called 3 others in the area. Same story. Oh well.
    I think Kroger's is getting out of the fragrance business. The ones in my area clearanced their stock and stopped carrying them about a year ago. I remember there were some pretty good deals at the time, but they sold them all months ago.

I am still trying to organize a major database of all scents I have found at Maxx/Marshall's and have been collecting data since January on every fragrance (not minis or box sets) encountered at either store, and I check five locations weekly. It will be coming, complete with pricing, sizes, and as data continues to be collected, patterns of when the regulars will appear. Their buyers and distribution is often predictable -- summer scents dumped to both chains from overstock by early fall, Xmas gift sets en masse in late January, discontinued mall chain stock within 3 months, etc.

For example, Rochas often turns up in the fall. Those Tommy Bahamas scents pile up in December, and ferragamo and dunhill are almost always trickling in. Lolita Lempicka is in quantity in the late fall/winter months but not so much in warmer months.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to check Burlington Coat Factory. Their stock tends to be more stable than Maxx/Marshall's. I don't have a Ross within 100 miles of me.

I keep spotting Mont Blanc fragrances in these stores. I picked up Presence the other day and was quite pleased with it. I want to try Legend now, but it's never there. Has anyone seen this one pop up?

I have really worked on my fragrance impulse buying, but it can be difficult at these stores. The best thing would be for me to STAY AWAY from them, except for maybe once a month. The only thing I have bought in the last few weeks from these places is the CK One Shock for Men, which I don't regret.

Quote Originally Posted by dampier View Post
    I am still trying to organize a major database of all scents I have found at Maxx/Marshall's and have been collecting data since January on every fragrance (not minis or box sets) encountered at either store, and I check five locations weekly. It will be coming, complete with pricing, sizes, and as data continues to be collected, patterns of when the regulars will appear. Their buyers and distribution is often predictable -- summer scents dumped to both chains from overstock by early fall, Xmas gift sets en masse in late January, discontinued mall chain stock within 3 months, etc.

For example, Rochas often turns up in the fall. Those Tommy Bahamas scents pile up in December, and ferragamo and dunhill are almost always trickling in. Lolita Lempicka is in quantity in the late fall/winter months but not so much in warmer months.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to check Burlington Coat Factory. Their stock tends to be more stable than Maxx/Marshall's. I don't have a Ross within 100 miles of me.
    Wow you're like the guy in the Female Compliments thread! Nerds rule. Can't wait to see the results of your work.

Not to brag, but I have 4 Ross stores within a 10 mile radius. And they all have the same bad selection although their prices seem to be the lowest compared to their competitors.

dampier! That's AWESOME!

- - - Updated - - -

+1000 internet cookies for Dampier! This is very cool of you to do and I for one look forward to seeing the finished product!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    I keep spotting Mont Blanc fragrances in these stores. I picked up Presence the other day and was quite pleased with it. I want to try Legend now, but it's never there. Has anyone seen this one pop up?
    I haven't seen it either. I keep seeing Prescence, Prescense Cool, and Starwalker. I've never sampled any of these, but I do like Individuel and Legend and wish they'd show up as well. I have a mini of Individuel (which I prefer over Original Santal), and would definitely grab a full bottle if it shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    I haven't seen it either. I keep seeing Prescence, Prescense Cool, and Starwalker. I've never sampled any of these, but I do like Individuel and Legend and wish they'd show up as well. I have a mini of Individuel (which I prefer over Original Santal), and would definitely grab a full bottle if it shows up.
    I have seen Individuel in Ross. It's going for $24.99 for a 1.7 oz. Fantastic fragrance! I can't imagine liking any of the others as much as I like Individuel, but I want to try Legend as well, especially after my blind buy success with Presence.

Individuel is a very fine scent. That is a steal for that price. I never see it in my stores. It reminds me of a nice trip I had with family to Columbus, OH a few years back, when I smelled it for the first time.

I don't have the time to look through all the posts on this thread, but do any of you have Steinmart nearby? They tend to have a good range of popular frags and classics at a decent discount. Also, I've noticed that where I live, Walgreens has been increasing their stock of perfumes...mostly celebrity fare, but you can find some good classics there.
    I live in Hampton Roads, VA.

I picked up a 3.4oz Marc Jacobs Bang at my local TJ Maxx
    last week for $24.99. Couldn't believe they had the 3.4oz
    priced that cheaply. They had about 4 more in stock as well.
    That's a really good price for large bottle of Bang.

They had the other usual suspects as well: Tommy Bahama,
    Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts, Azzaro Pour Homme,
    some Jaguar and Ferrari fragrances, Deauville Pour Homme, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post

That's a lot of BANG for your buck!

Lapidus pour homme for 19.99 and Prada Infusion de Vetiver for around $60.00 at Marshall's. Both 3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by !RedSonja! View Post
    I don't have the time to look through all the posts on this thread, but do any of you have Steinmart nearby? They tend to have a good range of popular frags and classics at a decent discount. Also, I've noticed that where I live, Walgreens has been increasing their stock of perfumes...mostly celebrity fare, but you can find some good classics there.
    I live in Hampton Roads, VA.
    Funny you should mention Steinmart.... I just found out today that a new one was just opened near where I work. I remember from an older Steinmart (long since closed down) that they carried discounted fragrances so I was delighted to see this new Steinmart, although my wallet may not be so excited .

TJ Maxx. Uomo Moschino. 125 ml. $10.00. Best blind buy ever. I would've gladly paid up to $30.00 for this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalismX View Post
    TJ Maxx. Uomo Moschino. 125 ml. $10.00. Best blind buy ever. I would've gladly paid up to $30.00 for this.
    Thats a good price. I always see it but it is I think $25-30.

I did find and buy Givenchy Gentleman today for $34.99 for 100ml. I only smelled this once about 5 years ago.

I don't know if I like it but I thought it was a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post

Bang sells very poorly in our area. People who blind buy at the Maxx (probably a majority) are turned off by the name, package, lack of recognition. You can often find Bang dumped to clearance, so always make sure to check there first.

- - - Updated - - -

Wednesday's truck delivery brought beautifully packaged Banana Republic Jade and Malachite in big wooden boxes to Marshall's. Best container I have seen yet. Both feminine fragrances, no masculines. Also, Zen male and zen white heat male in TJ Maxx in very limited quantities. More nonsense from Paris and Mariah in large quantities. Marshall's also received half dozen lots of Arden's Pretty Hot. Yawn. This week favors new feminines. Not much new in masculines.

Cartier Must in smaller sizes should be dumped to clearance. The 100ml bottles replacing them arrived at Marshall's and sell for a whopping $89.99. They will join their smaller cousins in clearance in September. These won't sell at that price point.

Remember folks, always check clearance first. You may find slighter older stock of identical fragrances over there for $5-10 less than the usual price.

Went down to ross this afternoon. Nothing special. A bunch of Burberrys (as usual).
    I did find a Dunhill Desire Red 3.4 oz for $25. I just picked up a 1.7 oz. The guy who sold to me told me it was a killer deal, at $20. Opened it, sprayed it, loved it. Now I have 2...which I think I'll go through in a few months.

I saw Gucci by Gucci, Mont Blanc Individuel and the usual at Marshall's in Atlanta.

Got 3.4 oz Versace The Dreamer for $35 at T.J. Maxx yesterday (Thurs). They had five or six boxes in the women's section of the frag counter.

Also spotted several boxes of Salvatore Ferragamo Platinum. . .never heard of it.

P.

It appears that my local Kroger's went out of the cologne biz a while back. None have cologne in stock anymore. Too bad. I snagged some great clearance deals from them about 4 years ago.

Ok. Here is the Friday roundup:

TJ Maxx has gotten another huge shipment from overpriced/low value for money Burberry. The femme/homme, Brit, weekend, And sport are all back in the 1/1.6oz sizes. Nothing you have not seen before though. Buy now before the customers rip open all the boxes. Many of these are not in security cases.

Watch Elizabeth Arden stuff get tossed to clearance by month's end. The shelves are straining under the weight of all of their stuff -- Red Door, 5th ave, Green tea and splendor and a range of flankers. They just sit there until they get hurled into clearance next to irritations like provocative woman and the dreadful sunflowers. Don't pay more than $10 for the lesser known stuff -- $15 for the house stars.

Ok. Here is the Friday roundup:

TJ Maxx has gotten another huge shipment from overpriced/low value for money Burberry. The femme/homme, Brit, weekend, And sport are all back in the 1/1.6oz sizes. Nothing you have not seen before though. Buy now before the customers rip open all the boxes. Many of these are not in security cases.

Watch Elizabeth Arden stuff get tossed to clearance by month's end. The shelves are straining under the weight of all of their stuff -- Red Door, 5th ave, Green tea and splendor and a range of flankers. They just sit there until they get hurled into clearance next to irritations like provocative woman and the dreadful sunflowers. Don't pay more than $10 for the lesser known stuff -- $15 for the house stars.
    Did they just start security cases in your area? I know mine just started a few months back, bc of people ripping the boxes and in the gift sets people would steal the small EdTs. It really makes me mad people do this, I find a very nice Gift set with everything that I want, and when I open it up, the small 1.7 or 1oz bottle is gone...
    Gucci PH, DKNY Men, DKNY Be Delicious, Perry Ellis 360 Red, Burberry London, Burberry Brit, Nautica Voyage, Nautica Classic, Nautica Blue, Adidas Victory League

I managed to stop by the new Stein Mart close to where to I work.... I must say I am not impressed. Their fragrance selection is small (limited to one shelf for both men and women) and nothing is discounted. They do have a few nice brands but the price is really no different from the large department stores.

I got a bottle of Caswell Massey Tricorn Cologne for $10 at my local Marshall's. They had several, but the rest were priced at $20.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My jaw dropped when I saw this! I have been wanting it for sooo long, but I think it was $59 and that's a little out of my price range now/ not sure if it's a good deal. Anyone have this? I love Prada frags and vetiver. I may have to break down and get this if it's worth it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    My jaw dropped when I saw this! I have been wanting it for sooo long, but I think it was $59 and that's a little out of my price range now/ not sure if it's a good deal. Anyone have this? I love Prada frags and vetiver. I may have to break down and get this if it's worth it.
    Very faint and not worth it, IMHO. I had it once.
    Last edited by ChuckW; 14th August 2012 at 02:55 PM.

Ver faint and not worth it, IMHO. I had it once.
    Thank you! I was reading a few more reviews of it on here and feel better about not paying that much for it. I'd be OK if it was $29 or so, maybe it will make its way tot he clearance shelf soon
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    The nearest TJ Maxx had a bottle of this too, was $55 here. Someone had already opened the box so I did a spray into the box. It's nice. Soapy clean vetiver - like Infusion d'Homme but with a slight green/vetiver twist. I think I'd take Noble Vetiver over this though as it also does the green/clean vetiver, but feels a bit more masculine/macho (ok, neither of them are macho) and more 'crisp, perfectly tailored professional' versus the Prada's "clean, soapy professional."
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Marshalls in Downtown Boston:

50 ml Gucci Rush 2 EDT for $69.99

200 ml Eau de Cartier EDT for $79.99

I stopped by my local Marshalls last night, someone please tell me where the heck is the fragrance clearance rack. All I found was over priced Tommy Bahama at $45.00 a bottle and a lot of random Mariah Carey perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalismX View Post
    I stopped by my local Marshalls last night, someone please tell me where the heck is the fragrance clearance rack. All I found was over priced Tommy Bahama at $45.00 a bottle and a lot of random Mariah Carey perfumes.
    I am not sure if Marshalls has a special clearance rack. The one around where I work just has all the fragrances in one section but if you look hard enough you will find more than a few boxes have been red tagged. Plus even those that are not red tagged may have cheap regular price tags. Basically you really need to go through just about every bottle to find the good deals.