Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

No scents to speak of, but I made out like a bandit with about 8 ties (mix of CK, Kors and KC) and a new Polo dress shirt for a total of $65!

Quote Originally Posted by Style View Post
    I haven't seen Rochas Man at all. My stores usually have the men's and women's all mixed together. Most of the pink boxes are Paris Hilton for men.

***Can I make a special request? When you guys post your finds can you please tell us which store it was in, Ross, TJ Maxx etc.? I noticed that a lot of the time, these stores do not carry the same fragrances.

Thank You.
    I just saw a 1.7 Rochas man at a Marshalls in CT. Red tagged for 15.00.

Quote Originally Posted by elmalo View Post
    That's a steal.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    That's a steal.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a steal.
    I alread have a bottle though. I ended up buing a bottle of Marc Ecko. I like it.

*Sigh*... can you pretty please inform your local Marshalls to send some of that discounted Rochas Man to the Marshalls in Overland Park, Kansas .
    Living each day one spray at a time

Dirty English 1.7 oz found on clearance $5 Marshalls Puerto Rico.......a good ol friend picked one up for me :-)

Got 100ml Ferragamo pour homme for $20 and Oscar pour homme for $20 at Ross'.

I really like the Oscar. . .woody lemon pepper. Haven't tried the Ferragamo yet.

P.

My wife used to love the Oscar on me!

Quote Originally Posted by franeri View Post
    Got 100ml Ferragamo pour homme for $20 and Oscar pour homme for $20 at Ross'.

I really like the Oscar. . .woody lemon pepper. Haven't tried the Ferragamo yet.

P.

Default Recent Scores at Tj Maxx & Ross?

I've noticed so many big name perfumes at TJ Maxx & Ross lately for great prices!
    (hahaha, but being that I'm very new at this fragrance thing, I always try to save the names and look up their notes then have to run back and try to buy them-- it'd be easier if I had a smart phone, doh! :-)

What are some fantastic finds you all have seen and gotton there lately?
    Do you often blind-buy b/c the prices are so cheap, or are you like me and try to do research first?

some things I've seen:
    --Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea (original, summer, tropical versions)
    --Betsy Johnson
    --various Paris Hilton & Britney Spears
    --Marc Jacobs Lola

Default Re: Recent Scores at Tj Maxx & Ross?

try the thread on the mens fragrance forum

Hey guys picked up...........

2.5 OZ Lapidus Pour homme....19.99

2.5 OZ Hugo boss dark blue........ $15

4.2 OZ Uomo mochino: $10

As another posted already pointed out, be sure to check the women's fragrance section
    at TJ Maxx. Today I saw several bottles of Versace's the Dreamer in the women's section,
    along with Azzaro Pour Homme! Certainly not a "feminine" fragrance by any means

Also, in the last month, I've seen and picked 2 other really good deals at TJ Maxx:

a 4.2 oz Moschino Uomo for $10 and a 3.4oz Lanvin L'Homme for $19.99.
    Really pleased with those, both very nice and nicely priced.

I managed to snag Dunhill Desire 50ml for 10$ today at TJ Maxx. This is a pretty good scent for 10$, kind of a spicy citrus with a hint of vanilla.

How is it that my TJ Maxx has 4.2 oz Moschino Uomo for $29.99 and NOT $10. I wonder if they will be marking it down in the near future.

Those of you who have found 4.2 oz Moschino Uomo for $10, are they in the clearance section with a red tag?

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    How is it that my TJ Maxx has 4.2 oz Moschino Uomo for $29.99 and NOT $10. I wonder if they will be marking it down in the near future.

Those of you who have found 4.2 oz Moschino Uomo for $10, are they in the clearance section with a red tag?
    You are correct sir. I found mine in the back isle where the clearance was with a red tag. Keep checking back with them because the one I got was 29.99 then they marked it down to 15 then 10 and when it got down to 10 I snatched it lol

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post

What Bobster said is exactly correct. When I found mine they had regularly prices ones in the women's section (not mans) for $29.99. In the clearance section they had 2 bottles for $10.00. It doesn't seem like many buy this one but it is really quite nice even $30.00 (lower is better of course). One of my best buys so far.

Marshall's locally in really piling on the expensive $60+ scents. Gucci Rush 2, more feminine Cartier stuff, and Jimmy Choo. These usually don't sell well, but we will see. Tj Marx is completing a quarterly clearance dump the last two weeks, so expect a lot of markdowns and yellow tags in clearance.

my list is

burlington coat factory
    cerruti pour homme $5.60
    bennington hot and cold $2.67 for the set
    aparation homme - $6.99

marshals
    fcuk friction - $10
    brooks brothers gentlmen - $10 (then i went back 3 days later and bought another one for $7)

ross
    beckham signature - $15
    90210 black - $8.99
    jacamo de jacamo deep blue - $12.99
    dirty english - $10

Mont Blanc Exceptionnel.

bvlgari black $29.00 Passed because I read it smells like vanilla rubber, The dreamer $24.99 passed because it was too small for the price, Blue Jeans $24.99 passed I already had it before, Bang $10 too pepper for me, issey miyake l'eau d'issey $19.99 passed because I was not sure about the blind buy on it.

Congratulations on your will power!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitealltrac View Post
    bvlgari black $29.00 Passed because I read it smells like vanilla rubber, The dreamer $24.99 passed because it was too small for the price, Blue Jeans $24.99 passed I already had it before, Bang $10 too pepper for me, issey miyake l'eau d'issey $19.99 passed because I was not sure about the blind buy on it.

Basenotes Plus

I've been on a Pecksniff's moisturizing hand wash binge of late. These have been showing up at TJMAXX & Marshalls. (Grapefruit & citron, Vanilla Sandalwood, Tuberose and Orange Blossom, Cherry Flower & Tahitian Vanilla, Lilly and Cottonseed) There's more too, including some kitchen hand washes.
    The scents are very good, long-lasting too.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Congratulations on your will power!

Trust me it was not easy passing on these, I even had them on my cart but I figured I would save the money for a better find since I will be traveling to the caribbean and I am sure I will hit the duty free's and cologne shops during my vacation.

I have to admit there is no way I could of passed on leau d issey for 19.99.....thats a very good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    I have to admit there is no way I could of passed on leau d issey for 19.99.....thats a very good buy.
    I am not too sure about it and I cant even smell any of them unless I buy them first. People here were saying that TATOO was really good so I picked one up and returned it because it was not my taste of cologne. Too strong and female like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's for the after-shave. At least that's what I saw a couple of days ago...

Quote Originally Posted by frug View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's for the after-shave. At least that's what I saw a couple of days ago...
    Nope it was the cologne......this one:

It's actually l'eau d'issey pour home intense aftershave balm. I've seen it at 3 locations for $19.99. You would not find L'eau D'Issey at Marshalls or T.J. Maxx for $19.99. First of all, they would never price it that low. Secondly, if they did it would be snatched up the instant it hit the shelf.

Last bottle had it on hand and it was the two toned box not full gray like Intense. Same goes with bvlgari black, when was the last time anyone spotted that one? Again I had that one on hand @ Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by JonVengeance View Post
    It's actually l'eau d'issey pour home intense aftershave balm. I've seen it at 3 locations for $19.99. You would not find L'eau D'Issey at Marshalls or T.J. Maxx for $19.99. First of all, they would never price it that low. Secondly, if they did it would be snatched up the instant it hit the shelf.

Yes... This is the one all over Marshall's. I have never seen the cologne there, and there are a lot of returns on this when people realize it is after shave. The same thing happens with Joop! and lotions/shower gels tossed mistakenly in with perfume.

I have yet to see Bvlgari Black locally, but we sometimes see things later in western NY.

Bvlgari Black (looks like a hockey puck) spotted at Ross and Issey at TJ Maxx.

Last bottle had it on hand and it was the two toned box not full gray like Intense. Same goes with bvlgari black, when was the last time anyone spotted that one? Again I had that one on hand @ Ross.
    I've actually seen Bulgari Black at Ross quite frequently. I saw the 40ml there on Saturday, actually. I think it was $29.99.

Quote Originally Posted by JonVengeance View Post
    I've actually seen Bulgari Black at Ross quite frequently. I saw the 40ml there on Saturday, actually. I think it was $29.99.
    I've seen it at Ross as well, but as noted it was only 40ml.

Yeah. I'm always seeing the small Bvlgari Black. $29.99 is more than I'd pay for that since it can be had online for less. Great stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Yeah. I'm always seeing the small Bvlgari Black. $29.99 is more than I'd pay for that since it can be had online for less. Great stuff though.
    I agree. I think I paid around $25 for an unused 75 ml tester.

I saw Bvlgari Au the Rouge, 75 ml for $27.99 at Ross. I was sorely tempted, but held off.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Another rare find was Eau De Cartier at TJ Maxx but they wanted $80 and thats on red tag sale!

My local TJ Maxx has John Varvatos Vintage in the 4.2 oz, TONS of bottles in stock. I went back the next day, and every one of them were gone. Would have gotten it for 24.99, even thought longevity is pretty horrible.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    My local TJ Maxx has John Varvatos Vintage in the 4.2 oz, TONS of bottles in stock. I went back the next day, and every one of them were gone. Would have gotten it for 24.99, even thought longevity is pretty horrible.
    Thanks for the tIp. I'd like that for Fall.

issey is a safe blind buy.. what size for $20?

Picked up a 50 ml Mont Blanc Individuel for 24.99 and a 100ml Kanon Norweigan Wood for 6.99

OK I did see a lone bottle of L'eau D'Issey EdT at T.J. Maxx today - 75ml for $34.95. I'm not a fan, so I didn't bite, but seems like a pretty good buy... about $10. less than online discounters.

Thanks. I looked again today at TJ Maxx and nada. I did see 3 different Tommy Bahamas 3.4oz for $19.99 and Lapidus homme for $19.99. They also had Shalimar but I forgot the price. A shocker for me was Dunhill Desire Red 3.4oz for $49.99. I saw the same exact one at Ross for $27.99. The clearance section didn't have anything good.

What really shocked me today at TJ Maxx was the amount of stolen fragrances on the shelf. People really are animals.

I also stopped at Marshalls and bought Tommy Bahama Set Sail St Barts 3.4oz for $19.99. They had one box of CKone Shock 3.4oz for $24.99, a Sung homme gift set for $24.99, Issey Miyake after shave and the same stuff everyone else mentioned except Mont Blanc Individuel. I'm holding out for the 6.7oz Shock for $29.99.

I will try a few other stores in the area this week when I get a chance.

Prada Infusion de Vetiver at TJ Maxx 3.4OZ for $54.99
    Condsidering the difficulty I've had finding it where I live, I snatched it up. They only had 2 on the shelf.
    I know it gets a (meh) here, but I like it and thought it was a good deal.

None of the Burlington Coat Factory's around here have Cerruti. Im really wanting to try that one.

None of the Burlington Coat Factory's around here have Cerruti. Im really wanting to try that one.
    That is too bad because it really is a very good scent!

I managed to snag a 50ml bottle of Santos DE Cartier at Marshalls today for 20$.... this one made me very happy!

At my local Marshall's yesterday. Looked like they got in a lot of new stuff, several from Ed Hardy (I think all of them, including the new skull shaped one) - forgot the prices. They had a 6.8 oz Cool Water for 49.99, decent price if you love CW enough to use that much. The one I almost bought was on red sticker clearance, 3.4 oz Drakkar Noir for 20 bucks! I was so tempted, but I have a 1.7 oz bottle, probably 90% full, as I don't wear it much. I love its opening and mid, but could take or leave the dry down. Regardless, an amazing deal for 3.4 oz of it, as that's typically the clearance price for a 1.7 oz bottle.

They also had a Ferrari or Jaguar fragrance, one of the newer ones, I wanna say Jaguar Prestige, it was 24.99 in a box with a model car. CK Shock 6.7 oz for 29.99, CK Man 3.4 oz for 29.99, which I would have bought, but I recalled longevity to be quite horrible.

Next time I go back there, I will take a better list of inventory, I need to go back anyways to get some socks/underwear. Stand by!
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Found a bottle of Tattoo by Michel Germain for $10. The box says 3.4oz but the bottle says 2.5 (I exchanged it, but to my surprise, the same thing happened). Oh well, I'm not complaining, 2.5oz of this stuff for $10 is worth every penny!

Priced at 129.99

wow, never heard of any niche brands save a couple of Guerlain's being at discounters.
    Splits!

Roja Amber Aoud & Tom Ford Tobacco Oud --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...d-Fleur-splits

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post
    Priced at 129.99
    Which store was this?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Guapo View Post
    Which store was this?
    Marshall's in San Jose, CA.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I saw Bvlgari Au the Rouge, 75 ml for $27.99 at Ross. I was sorely tempted, but held off.
    It's an excellent fragrance.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Funny how I love NY has been spotted and some here would not believe I spotted issey miyake l'eau d'issey cologne not after shave which is WAY more inferior of a cologne.

Good find on that NY bottle.

i am also from san jose and can confirm that the picture is correct, no intentions on purchasing it though lol

I hope the Bond I Live NY For Her is the 100ML size.. or else it costs more than retail 50 ML = $105, 100 ML = $175
    Check out my new blog http://www.NotableScents.net

TJ Maxx in Downtown Boston had Joop! Jump, Joop! Nightflight, and Zino Davidoff (newer packaging). All 100 ml bottles for $39.99 each.

Quote Originally Posted by djron91 View Post
    I hope the Bond I Live NY For Her is the 100ML size.. or else it costs more than retail 50 ML = $105, 100 ML = $175
    It was the big size for sure. I imagine in a month or so the price will go down even more. Not too many folks walk into Marshall's looking to spend over 100 on a single item, unless a frag enthusiast picks it up I don't see it selling anytime soon.

Funny how I love NY has been spotted and some here would not believe I spotted issey miyake l'eau d'issey cologne not after shave which is WAY more inferior of a cologne.

Good find on that NY bottle.

Could you take a pic of the Issey w/ that price?

I don't think people don't believe you, I have seen Issey discounted before. Perhaps you just made a mistake on which type it was.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Stopped by the store and it is gone with the wind! I was hoping to snatch it up after reading all of this. Oh well I am sure there will be more to come. I now have high hopes for better scents after seeing someone spotted I love NY.